I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

You know what it is? Haze is afraid that his kids may end up "talking white" and may not be "authentically black". It's not even about them being "hood" it's about them being authentic enough for his expectations.
/thread

^nah.. it's not that.
he doesn't want his kids to grow up acting like spoiled trust fund kids.

but like a lot have mentioned... you can grow up well rounded AND wealthy... all depends on parenting

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^nah.. it's not that.

but like a lot have mentioned... you can grow up well rounded AND wealthy... all depends on parenting
thats how i feel.

^nah.. it's not that.

wow..for once, i agree with this guy.

Originally Posted by mdresident

^nah.. it's not that.

I been said that on like Page 4.

Oh, but when Dirty says it, everyone co-signs.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif

I feel what my man Haze is getting at .

It's not about being "authentic" or talking a certain way but more so understanding what's going on in the hood. Being aware of the thingsthat a lot of suburbanites have no idea about.

It's about understanding certain aspects of life that do exist but most wont know because they simply didnt go through it and in many cases belive theydont exist.

^nah.. it's not that.

exactly
your kids can grow up in the hood and still act spoiled lol

understanable, wouldnt let my kids get into the "rich kid syndrome" however, they arent going to be gutter and hood either.

^nah.. it's not that.

I mean dude could have said " I want my kids to be hard working and responsible. I want them to know the value of a dollar and know how totreat and respect others fairly." But he said he wants his kids to be "hood". I mean maybe he failed to properly convey his thoughts but nomatter how you slice it what he said sounds ignorant.

My dad is from Jacksonville FL. Went into the military at 18, became a fire fighter. We got stationed in a small $*% town in Florida, so I've been raisedin the suburbs and I definitely feel that robbed me of part of my culture. But my dad been taking me back to Duval since I was a kid, and I love going.

There is nothing wrong with knowing where you come from.

You can spend significant time in the hood without getting shot or any of that other bull *@$+
eyes.gif
...I got plenty of fam in the projects that we visit on the reg....so thats myperspective.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I feel what my man Haze is getting at .

It's not about being "authentic" or talking a certain way but more so understanding what's going on in the hood. Being aware of the things that a lot of suburbanites have no idea about.

It's about understanding certain aspects of life that do exist but most wont know because they simply didnt go through it and in many cases belive they dont exist.

Congrats, your logic is a prime example of the "hood" failing someone. So by your logic the majority of kids grow up rich and pampered and have no idea a lower "class" exists?
nerd.gif
I don't care how many upstanding and hardworking citizens are from the hood, the glorification of it is purely stupid. Nobody in the hood wants their successors to be worst off than them. I get the fact that Haze doesn't want his kid to be a spoiled brat, but to blatantly say his child will be hood is pure bafoonery imo.
tired.gif
tired.gif
I've never met anyone who was blowing money so their kids could get the privelage of paying for college themselves and living a worse life than their parents had.
Who's glorifying anything? MANY ppl in the burbs I live in now think I'm exaggerating or overhyping some of the things I went through ona daily basis. They truly dont understand our animosity towards the police or our govt.for example. They make comments on certain things in the news from aperspective of what they think life is like in some places.

Do these "rich" ppl know the "hood" exist, yes. Do they understand why certain things are the way they are, no.

But if you think anyone is glorifying the hood it isyou who have been failed.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

^nah.. it's not that.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Dog look at my previous posts, i been saying this, don't try to play me. I been sayin "why do we have to be hood to teach our children homelyvalues." Peep game my man.

Didn't go through everything...and my bad is someone has posted a similar thought.

RICH OR POOR !! We all have the same problems doesn't really matter where you live, kids will grow up *!+@@% up if they want to. I think people who liveunder poor circumstances just knows how to make things work and be appreciative. If you work hard to sit on dubs and put your feet up, just make sure your kidstruly understand: "REAL hard work truly pays"..

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

My dad is from Jacksonville FL. Went into the military at 18, became a fire fighter. We got stationed in a small %@+ town in Florida, so I've been raised in the suburbs and I definitely feel that robbed me of part of my culture. But my dad been taking me back to Duval since I was a kid, and I love going.

There is nothing wrong with knowing where you come from.
You see...this is the problem, that is not where you came from, self admittedly. Respect to your dad for joining the service and providing you a non-hood life though
pimp.gif
Technically it's not where I'm from. But it's where my roots are. It definitely matters.

If I wanted to be as ignorant as you I could easily argue that a person from the hood couldn't fathom why "certain things are the way they are." Get real sir.
Such as?

Thanks for the name calling. I love getting my point across.

I come from the South Bronx too and I grew up going to Crotona Park all the time in the spring in the summer. To repeat what has been said by many nt'ersparenting will be a big factor in how your children turn out. My family has lived in the South Bronx since the 1960's and I don't think oursurroundings dictated who we eventually became as people. I was exposed to many good things like a strong sense of community and family, and some bad thingsthat are known all too well.
The South Bronx isn't half as bad as it was but if you want trouble you will find it. There aren't as many innocent victims as people think there are.I always went to the best public schools outside of my neighborhood and I was fortunate to be exposed to a lot more than the other kids my age in myneighborhood. My parents had the resources to leave but it has always felt like home.
It doesn't matter where you choose to raise your family if you teach them the "right" way to do things and show them all about the world.

I was fortunate enough to be raised from a wealthy family. When I was growing up, I was given anything I wanted. Through highschool, I recieved a brand newvehicle, rims, clothing, shoes, everything paid for by my mother and father. Just recently graduating from college, I had everything paid for, clothing, food,you name it. I did have a job, but that was only because I needed one for my internship class. I am probably the first person to give to someone lessfortunate, like in college I would pay quite a bit for my friends, and so forth. When i have kids, im going to give them everything they to also want. I dontbelieve that if you spoil your kids theyll be arrogant and so forth, if you raise them the proper way, they can be the richest kids in the world, but have themost respect. Thats just my opinion.

How could you had possibility have a fulfilling life experience if you have never even left your state?
your speaking in general because I have left my state before for vacation.

I said...
Im def. gonna bring my kids around my areas so they know what its like where I grew up.

Ive been living on the same street 18 years now, never been farther then 20 mins away

The second sentence was just added info (unecessary info for the typical reader) but I mentioned it because I dolike my area.

I will raise my kids in a better area and I refuse to live in an apartment while having a kid thats why im working harder then ever right now.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

You know what it is? Haze is afraid that his kids may end up "talking white" and may not be "authentically black". It's not even about them being "hood" it's about them being authentic enough for his expectations.
/thread
Hmm.....

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

how do you guys know your kids will only pick up on the positive?
He doesn't.

I'm almost certain he didn't have to face the hardships millions of children growing up in "hoods" have to every day. If he did, he wouldn't even be joking about this.
Ain't no body joking bro.

I never said that I had it harder than everyone else, so where are you going with that?

I was raised in the hood and have experienced my share of poverty and pain B....so all of that extra stuff ain't necessary.

But for a black man who calls Killer Mike hate music and worships white women like they blew breath in his lungs...I understand why you're so perplexed.

laugh.gif

you stay reaching in the past for completely unrelated asinine arguments. but ok.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

^nah.. it's not that.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Dog look at my previous posts, i been saying this, don't try to play me. I been sayin "why do we have to be hood to teach our children homely values." Peep game my man.
Wow. Chill out; I was joking. Didn't you see my laughing smiley at the bottom there?

I've resized it for you.

Originally Posted by Prez T

Originally Posted by boxer

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

laugh.gif

Remember that our President came from the same area I live in ...

& I'm also doing well for myself academically , so I really don't care what "LLC Money" thinks about me ... clown .
Word you're from Hawaii?

laugh.gif

The fact that you don't even know that Obama was born in Hawaii and subsequently raised in Hawaii and Indonesia until the age of 18 speaks volumes about your ignorance. He didn't even move to Chicago until he was about 25.

tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
im done
roll.gif
roll.gif
damn, she needs a new sn.

There are some things you cannot fully understand unless you have gone through the struggle yourself. No heat, lights, food, bad living accomidations, etc.etc.

That being said... if you are rich... there is no way you can FULLY replicate the hood experience. You can keep your kid in touch with the hood which is cool,but your kid will never be hood.

Back
Top Bottom