IMO Packages are ILLEGAL

oh really

you say this like someone cares....

everyone owns jordans and even after this post they will still buy em like its nothing

worthless thread

oh really

you say this like someone cares....

everyone owns jordans and even after this post they will still buy em like its nothing

worthless thread

wow. I think you need a better understanding of what the hell you're talking about. Those are two completely different situations. Selling two pairs ofshoes together as a package is not illegal, thats like saying I should have the right to buy just a left shoe, because thats all I need.

Originally Posted by J Burner

wow. I think you need a better understanding of what the hell you're talking about. Those are two completely different situations. Selling two pairs of shoes together as a package is not illegal, thats like saying I should have the right to buy just a left shoe, because thats all I need.

Not really the same
I understand what your getting at but thats to the extreme.
I feel the OP but the whole legal aspect.... not tso much.
It'd be nice tough.
Id rather buy 1 good sneaker rather than buy 2, one of which I have no desire for...
like the 60+ packages (1s and 7s) I only want the breds and raptors but If I want them I have to cop both.
I refuse to pay retail so chances are I'll take a chance and wait to cop on a 50% off and try to sell the pair I dont want... but someone actually buyingis a different story.

Now in my scenario its all good because I didn't pay too much to begin with but in the case of someone who chooses to get the sneaker when it releases andpays retail the whole selling ordeal becomes even more necessary and If they don't sell (just saying, improbable but possible) they're stuck with aproduct they don't want.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by FXSANDMAN

Whassup NTers its a nice saturday afternoon

I suddenly thought that all those packages JB has been releasing are ILLEGAL

The main reason why I think packages are illegal is because packages are a type of tying

I believe everyone knows that MS has been sued for tying
(MS combined MS Office,IE,WMP into Windows and forced Windows users to use MS office,IE, and WMP)

Maybe if NT shoeheads unite and make a consumer organization we could file a civil law suit against JB for releasing packages
and limiting consumers' right to buy what we want and to not buy what we don't want

By releasing packages and making consumers buy what they don't want is undoubtedly illegal and we should claim the rights of consumers clearly.
roll.gif
listen to yourself and tell me what legal theory applies...really? you are comparing apples and oranges man. different rules for a different game. these are shoes. aint gonna happen. its a take it or leave it situation with shoes my friend.

Whatever legal theory makes these packs illegal in Europe.... In europe, if they release a pack, they also have to sell the shoes single for people whodon't want both...

The 3M Vs just released there. Solo release with a $122 price tag....
grin.gif

Lol, I still fail how to understand how Nike / Jordan is FORCING the consumer to buy something they do not want? The package is a marketing strategy, no one isforcing the consumer to purchase. And plus, you have different view points then me and everyone else. I personally liked every shoe that was released and likedthe idea of the package. Is it all suddent legal? Sorry you did not like a few shoes that were released, but keep your tears to yourself. Before you waste timeand space with future pointless threads, think about what you're going to say.

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

No one cares what you think.

Deal with it.
Every 1st reply in practically every thread in the JB forum is like this. You need to shut the %### up and stop with these posts you continually do over and over.
indifferent.gif

If you have nothing to contribute, then keep it to yourself.
Amen.
smh.gif
Freaking trolls.

JR5

No doubt. Him and THB are the worst.

What is really sad about these 1st replies is everyone else that comes into the thread afterwards plays follow the leader and flames him. What's ironic is someone started a thread about the 3M V's dropping in Europe as a non-pack, single sale, and people were asking "Why do they do that there and not here?". "Why is it cheaper" "I wish they did that here"...If this thread's first replies were something about Europe making packs illegal without the side sales of singles, this thread would have went into a different direction.. Trolls FTL....
Please tell me how I am the worst? Please do so. I really want to know how I'm like The Hater Boxden. This is exactly what I told
DaBuddhaWitJays via pm:

If you've looked at all my posts, which you haven't, I actually do help around the forum. Whenever something is posted in the wrong place for example, I post the link on where it is to be posted. I also help people that have questions as well. When you see me "bash others" it's because stuff that is being posted is just plain stupid.

And the reason why packs can't be sold in places like France is because of some legislation (someone correct me/look it up). This won't happen here and that is why I posted what I posted in my first comment.

There's members that have been here less than 5 months and have 4000+ posts so I'm not here to get my post count up. If that was the case I would be at 10,00 by now because I'm on here 24/7. So please explain how I'm a troll. I really want to know.

You're the THB of the JB section. Period.

You feel the need to post in EVERY thread even if you have no input on the subject. You bash people because the thread is stupid and doing so it keeps thestupid thread on the first page where everyone can see it. Then after they see it, they go into it. Then what do they see? "Log off" "Killyourself" "You're dumb" "Nobody cares" "You fail" and what do they do? They join in with
roll.gif
laugh.gif
"Yeah, you suck". Next thing you know, it's 5 pages long with flames and
roll.gif
, and still on the first page.

It's ridiculous and childish.

EDIT: I just seen that your 2nd post in this thread was edited by MM for being a petty insult that will only make this forum WORSE. Case closed.

Everyone is jumping on the OP but he does make a point...
In EU they allow for individual sneakers to be purchased.
Now in America it is legal to package but maybe what the OP should be getting at is whether or not it should be.
Could someone provide more background info as to why its illegal to package in certain EU countries?

As it stands, it is what it is....
Some of ya'll just want to come in and take his head off... relax

MS and JB are two different entities. JB sells packages as a marketing strategy to stimulate nostalgia among collectors and new customers alike.

YDBoUnCe wrote:
Now in America it is legal to package but maybe what the OP should be getting at is whether or not it should be.
Could someone provide more background info as to why its illegal to package in certain EU countries?

Exactly what I tried to say. They release packs there, but they also have to release them as solo sales so they are not forcing the buyer to buyBOTH products when they only want 1 of them.

Two different countries = two different laws. They get away with it here.

What's funny is 80% of NT HATED packs. They complained about 1 shoe in every pack. Now, 80% of this thread all of the sudden loves all the packs and has noproblem with them. Why? Because everyone started flaming him right off the bat, so now they have to follow the leaders..

If the first few replies would have been serious replies about EU dropping single releases for $122, this thread would have went in the opposite direction....

YDBoUnCe wrote:

Exactly what I tried to say. They release packs there, but they also have to release them as solo sales so they are not forcing the buyer to buy BOTH products when they only want 1 of them.

Two different countries = two different laws. They get away with it here.

What's funny is 80% of NT HATED packs. They complained about 1 shoe in every pack. Now, 80% of this thread all of the sudden loves all the packs and has no problem with them. Why? Because everyone started flaming him right off the bat, so now they have to follow the leaders..

If the first few replies would have been serious replies about EU dropping single releases for $122, this thread would have went in the opposite direction....

co-sign

NT looks sometimes like this, especially some forums
20061114_sheep.jpg

I haven't bought a single package...Last Jordan sneaker I bought were the Playoff 8's. I'm not going to waste my money on any package crap.

This will be part of the fall of Jordan Brand. Why? It's a fad that many,many younger kids are shying away from.

First and foremost, you're an idiot. You have ZERO clue whatsoever what the definition of a monopoly even is. A monopoly is any good or service that ispalced in the marketplace, and uses unfair advantages to takeover the marketplace and keep other items of equal or greater good out of the marketplace. Thefirst such monopolies in the country were trains. They used to have different sized rails all over the country, so one train could run one place and notanother, and they shut those down. You're example of Microsoft is also way off. It was not office that was brought into question, it was actually WindowsMedia Player and Internet Explorer. Federal courts ruled that it was unfair for Microsoft to require people use ONLY those programs, included WITH Windows 95and Windows 98, and make other players such as Real and Quicktime from working with Windows. That ruling by federal courts were the same guidelines used in theEuropean rulings, costing Microsoft a ton of money. Now, by using that example, everyone in the world uses computers. Every person ages 3 and up uses acomputer. That's probably 300 million people in the US, alone. You have no way around using a computer. Therefore, it would be considered a monopoly ifEVERYONE had no choice BUT to use certain programs on a computer. It could be said Microsoft still has a monopoly with the Window operating systems, butit's a matter of choice and user agreement. Software companies make software to run on Windows because people who buy computers buy computers with Windowsbecause everyone else uses Windows. It's sort of like buying fuel; you buy whatever car you want, but the thing still has to run on gas, just what type andbrand you use is up to you. Now, back to you being a moron about what is an isn't illegal. Right now, if you go into ANY shoe store selling Air Jordans, Ican promise you you will find Adidas, Nike, Brand Jordan, Reebok, Fila, Puma, Sketchers, and probably a dozen other brands of shoes being sold in that store.Since there is competition in the marketplace, there is no monopoly. And since shoes are not considered a life-sustaining requirement such as food, water,housing, heating or cooling, it doesn't fall under the 'staple' requirement to survive. There are other options. No one is holding a gun to yourhead and saying pay $310 for these shoes. I didn't buy a single pack last year of all the garbage packs Jordan was slinging. I had better things to do withthe world economy in the toilet OTHER than worry about what shoes I wore or what pack to camp out for. I've got 115+ pairs of shoes as it is. I actuallyhaven't bought a pair of Jordans on release date since the XXIIIs. I've bought 3 pairs of Pumas, a pair of Adidas, and a pair of Agassi's sincelast January. Jordan's aren't making anything worth buying or that I need to run right out and skip a car payment on to buy. They're shoes. Simpleas that. They aren't a narcotic you have to have every single one of.

As far as yor other idiotic comment of Nike putting packages together so consumers will buy it, well F*&king duh, it's called marketing genius, andcompanies have been doing it since the dawn of time. You find out what people want, you make it, you sell it to them. It happens all the time. You go toMcDonald's, they have value meals with fries and a coke, which is what the VAST MAJORITY of people want. You may want Dr. Pepper, so you get Dr. Pepper,and you're happy. If they don't have Dr. Pepper, you leave, you don't buy anything. It's how it works. You go to buy a car, and you see whatthe dealer has. They may have a dozen cars you like, but not the one you want. So you have a choice, take what's on the lot, maybe get a nice cash rebatefor some package that may have more of what you don't want or not quite what you do want, or you place an order and pay a premium to get EXACTLY what youwant. I can walk into any Chevy dealership right now, and get a brand new Camaro with what the dealer SAYS I can have, and maybe get it for right at $40,000and not be quite happy, or I can go online, special order the EXACT thing I want, and pay $44,365 plus delivery fees and get the thing I want down to theletter.

You need to shape up and get an education. You need to seriously learn what is and is not a national emergency. You need to read something other than thelyrics to the next Eminem album and get a god damned clue. This country is not here to give you anything. No one is here to give you anything. You workyourself hard and to the death to get what you want. No one owes you a pair of sneaker, a house, a fancy car, nothing. You earn it. If you don't likeJordan charging $310 for a package of shoes because you only have $155 for one pair of shoes, find a job and work for the other $155 to get the whole package.Then do what other people have done; sell the other half and make a profit on eBay. Quit your crying and get educated before you open your mouth and prove tothe world how big an idiot you are.

Better to be silent and thought an idiot rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Originally Posted by chernabog915

They aren't a narcotic you have to have every single one of.

You go to McDonald's, they have value meals with fries and a coke, which is what the VAST MAJORITY of people want. You may want Dr. Pepper, so you get Dr. Pepper, and you're happy. If they don't have Dr. Pepper, you leave, you don't buy anything. It's how it works.

No one owes you a pair of sneaker, a house, a fancy car, nothing. You earn it. If you don't like Jordan charging $310 for a package of shoes because you only have $155 for one pair of shoes, find a job and work for the other $155 to get the whole package. Then do what other people have done; sell the other half and make a profit on eBay. Quit your crying and get educated before you open your mouth and prove to the world how big an idiot you are.

That's his point. We don't have to have and/or want every single pair - why would they put them in packs and leave the resell of unwanted product tous?

VAST MAJORITY of buyers HATED the packs, so it's not the same as VAST MAJORITY wanting a valuemeal. In this case the VAST MAJORITY wants single releases just like vast majority wants a value meal.. You can't compare something thatis wanted and supplied VS something that is hated and supplied with no other options...

He never said anything about anybody owing him anything OR not being able to afford it. He started the thread because everyone hated thepacks when they came out and he figured there has to be something that can stop it. Right? Did you miss the big IMO
in thetitle?

The V's from the DMP2 just dropped in Europe as single releases. Why? Because their laws don't allow JB to force people to buyboth pairs when they don't want both.

Get off that horse you're on and get a reality check, buddy. Calling people names just shows how ignorant YOU are.

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

No one cares what you think.

Deal with it.
Every 1st reply in practically every thread in the JB forum is like this. You need to shut the %### up and stop with these posts you continually do over and over.
indifferent.gif

If you have nothing to contribute, then keep it to yourself.
Amen.
smh.gif
Freaking trolls.

JR5

No doubt. Him and THB are the worst.

What is really sad about these 1st replies is everyone else that comes into the thread afterwards plays follow the leader and flames him. What's ironic is someone started a thread about the 3M V's dropping in Europe as a non-pack, single sale, and people were asking "Why do they do that there and not here?". "Why is it cheaper" "I wish they did that here"...If this thread's first replies were something about Europe making packs illegal without the side sales of singles, this thread would have went into a different direction.. Trolls FTL....
Please tell me how I am the worst? Please do so. I really want to know how I'm like The Hater Boxden. This is exactly what I told
DaBuddhaWitJays via pm:

If you've looked at all my posts, which you haven't, I actually do help around the forum. Whenever something is posted in the wrong place for example, I post the link on where it is to be posted. I also help people that have questions as well. When you see me "bash others" it's because stuff that is being posted is just plain stupid.

And the reason why packs can't be sold in places like France is because of some legislation (someone correct me/look it up). This won't happen here and that is why I posted what I posted in my first comment.

There's members that have been here less than 5 months and have 4000+ posts so I'm not here to get my post count up. If that was the case I would be at 10,00 by now because I'm on here 24/7. So please explain how I'm a troll. I really want to know.

You're the THB of the JB section. Period.

You feel the need to post in EVERY thread even if you have no input on the subject. You bash people because the thread is stupid and doing so it keeps the stupid thread on the first page where everyone can see it. Then after they see it, they go into it. Then what do they see? "Log off" "Kill yourself" "You're dumb" "Nobody cares" "You fail" and what do they do? They join in with
roll.gif
laugh.gif
"Yeah, you suck". Next thing you know, it's 5 pages long with flames and
roll.gif
, and still on the first page.

It's ridiculous and childish.

EDIT: I just seen that your 2nd post in this thread was edited by MM for being a petty insult that will only make this forum WORSE. Case closed.
If I replied in every thread like you say I have then I would have 10,000+ posts. Which I don't.

What I say in the threads I post in is my opinion, it's not my fault people decide to follow and do the same thing as me like you say they do.

In a way it's kind of like what you just did, you see one person telling me to shut the eff up and then a admin does it and then you go ahead and followeh?

And if you saw what DaBuddhaWitJays wrote first, which you didn't, he tells me to shutthe eff up. That is why I told him the same but Meth edited mine instead.

Call me a troll I don't really care anymore. If that's what you think go for it bud. I'm done here.

everyone is jumpin on the "hate the OP" bandwagon. His point is valid. We should have access to individual releases as in other countries. Everyonetalks about how the US is the leading force in the world, yet the country as a whole is extremely unsatisfied. It even failed to make it into the Top 30countries with high Contentness ratings as well as best to live in, yet everyone wants to act as if the US should act entirely independently.

How about following the lead of successful trends overseas?

seriously though... I just came in here to laugh at you and the asinine point you're (unsuccessfully) trying tomake.

so here goes...
roll.gif

M!ke

Originally Posted by FXSANDMAN

By releasing packages and making consumers buy what they don't want is undoubtedly illegal and we should claim the rights of consumers clearly.
I feel u cause i passed on alot of packages cause i wanted shoe A and not shoe B. But wit every package release from JB u can always count onpeople splittin the packs on eBay for a decent price. So it aint really too serious to me
I aint to concerned about Nike givin me extra sh** i'm more concerned wit not getting what i want AT ALL wit these lame a** House of Hoops exclusives.I'll sue somebody for that if u know a lopole or some sh** for that garbage.

Back
Top Bottom