Information Technology (IT)

I have so many recruiters hitting my line for desktop/service desk jobs... which im already doing right now.

I wish they would at least tell me the salary. im not trying to go through a full interview only for them to pay the same or less than what i make now
Same and I always hit them with “what are the salary ranges?”not about to have me waste my time with a lower paying gig

Open the conversation with it. Or respond to the email, direct, not really rude but like you said, not about to waste my time telling me about your company and the contract and the company you're 3rd party recruiting me for to offer me some job I am overqualified for and half the salary I would require. They get 1/12th of whatever salary they place you in as a finder's fee typically if they are headhunting as a 3rd party, is why they just blast out emails and see who hits them back. Also when they ask if I am currently looking, I say something like, "While I am currently employed (so aka not desperate and gonna accept some BS), I am always amenable to different opportunities that allow me to advance and challenge my skillsets I have acquired over my career," probably not that exactly but something so basically, yea you have to offer better than what I have now. Many will hang out, some will try.

But are you won't see that in Oklahoma where you currently live right ?
Single digit times been offered that. I could get 90k on an Air Force base contract, probably if I went back to DISA as well. 95 would maybe be pushing it and Boeing offered me 6 figs, but all of the aforementioned are known miserable places to work, life drainingly so. I like my salary now combined with the work-life balance, being 100% remote minus when I need to do something with equipment in the server room, and the people I work with are tolerable. But it's tough because to your point, I am close to maxed out on salary for my role in my location. And next step of getting more certs or education it;s tough. Networking, CISSP,, PMP or like learn a programming language or add Linux to my bag. I don't want to lol Of course if I relocated I could make more but C.O.L negates it so,... that's why I been learning to trade forex through this MLM. Tough day today, all of my trades are red right now but haven't hit my stop loss so we'll see

Last edited:
Is anyone who's pretty high up in the IT world willing to take a look at my resume?

Just want to make sure I have a solid one now that I'm applying for better positions

Any one have tips/or recommend any services or anything for resumes?

I’m looking to make the switch from the restaurant/delivery world and I haven’t had to make a resume in 10+ years

gonna start making moves towards making the switch. I gotta read back in here but is it still A+ and sec+ to start?

i have 0 experience in the field and no degree but I gotta start somewhere

They have some MOOC's where they take you through ITLL, A+, Network, CCNA or Sec+...

But you can also learn HTML, CSS, & JS (JavaScript) and become a front end dev... If you like designing things and making thing interactive.

I have so many recruiters hitting my line for desktop/service desk jobs... which im already doing right now.

I wish they would at least tell me the salary. im not trying to go through a full interview only for them to pay the same or less than what i make now

I always ask for salary rather they contact me via email or on LinkedIn. I had YELP hit me up once and I was blown away once I found out that the highest they pay for desktop is $72K. It's crazy that I'll read some of these descriptions and ask for pay and they'll come back with $20-$22/hr. If you can't give me a salary then I'm going to assume that pay is probably not up to par.

Last edited:
Passed my PMP exam yesterday with 3x AT .
Really appreciate the NT fam for all the help.
The PMP prep-cast and the Ricardo Vargras YouTube channel were the main tools I used
How were the prepcast questions compared to the actual exam questions?

How were the prepcast questions compared to the actual exam questions?

TBH I feel the prepcast questions are much clearer compared to the actual exam. Sometimes I was a bit unsure of what they were asking for when taking the real exam because questions were vague. Biggest value of the prepcast was preparing your mental to stay focus for 4+ hours and providing great explanations of the right and wrong answers

Project management work really isn't IT related work.

All the PM's I know just order stuff, contact the right people and groups, meetings etc.

quick question for yall..

got offered a desktop support role for $15K + of what im making right now at a service desk..

only thing is its a 40 minute drive each way while the job im doing right now is 100% remote.

do you guys think $15k is worth going back into the office + driving to?

I guess another positive would be that its a step up from taking calls and i'll be getting more hands on experience with desktop support and system admin things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom