Information Technology (IT)

Got a interview next week for a Implementation Consultant position for a Health tech company. The interview will be a panel interview with 3 people that works for the company. Anyone ever done panel interviews?

Hydrate before hand.

Don’t repeat any questions. Just state an example of what you did, how you did, and why you did something. You can mix those three around as you see fit.

Make eye contact with all three throughout each question.

Do NOT mention any coworkers, supervisors, or leads or anyone else in your recollection of experience.
Just make it about yourself.
If you know what the project is from a to z then say you did it but be ready to say that mf alphabet if you need to lol

I have. A 4 person panel via WebEx .. My advice, show some personality. That's like 50% of the interview if you're going to be working with a team.

Hydrate before hand.

Don’t repeat any questions. Just state an example of what you did, how you did, and why you did something. You can mix those three around as you see fit.

Make eye contact with all three throughout each question.

Do NOT mention any coworkers, supervisors, or leads or anyone else in your recollection of experience.
Just make it about yourself.
If you know what the project is from a to z then say you did it but be ready to say that mf alphabet if you need to lol

Thanks for the advice guys. Had my interview yesterday and they want to move me to the final round :nthat:

Got a interview next week for a Implementation Consultant position for a Health tech company. The interview will be a panel interview with 3 people that works for the company. Anyone ever done panel interviews?

Great advice given before me, but the best one that I give is to be yourself and be honest. I did one for my current job over Zoom and then in person. It was more conversational than anything, tossing ideas back and forth on how to handle different situations. I wish you the best and you got this!!

Also, your tone in any interview is also pretty important. I apparently have a “warm voice” but I tend to come off as having an indifferent demeanor due to my very calm and collected nature.
During my final interview (and the first one), I was unfortunately high from opioid abuse but I consciously tried to change my intonation during certain questions.

Evidently it worked, because my boss (who was doing the second interview) said that aside from my resume, he could see/hear a strong passion when I was responding to questions about the bughunting, Twitch 0day, …
I don’t know how much impact that had on the hiring decisions but the boss’ comments suggest it was pretty significant.
I made sure to change my intonation a bit more than the natural change.

For most people that’s probably something that comes natural, but that was the main feedback I got from practice interviews. Good answers etc but the demeanor didn’t match.

I have no clue why Im in this thread. How do you get into ‘it’ and whats the difference between these jobs and something like software engineer?
Depends on the company to be honest - but when someone says i work in IT they automatically thinks we fix computers lol. as for your question - whats the difference from IT and Software Engineer depends on your title or job responsibilities. You could have a job in the IT Department as a software engineer if that make sense. As for getting into the tech world - theres multiple path.

I started in Help Desk and moved up to where im now as Sr. Software Engineer. There's those bootcamps that will teach you what you want to learn. Coding, or certifications for example. My suggestion to you is find what YOU want to do. Do you like hands on, touching hardware etc - then maybe help desk is a good start. Do you like coding, great maybe a boot camp is for you - but theres a lot out there that can teach you how to do this for free. Do you tinker with your wifi and like that? try networking (certs). Do you want to feel like some type of authority? then check security (this can touch a lot, network, hardware, software, etc)

Let me know if you have further questions - more than happy to help!

Lmao. You’re working too hard man. More PS5 and less bugs.
Well after that Francis dude, the company started monitoring traffic and they have a system that flags when websites like youtube, twitch etc are opened and on which device. It's not there for show either, I heard one of the consultants recently got 'the talk' from a supervisor for apparently watching youtube or Twitch during helpdesk duties.
But yeah I tend to play some Yugioh on my Xbox while working from home :lol:

Boss approached me about leading work stream(s) she wants to transition a current working group into - would basically turn me into a Program Manager/Lead. Its not extra work as in hours, but there would be the people management aspect of it. Need to give this some thought.

Just wanted to update the thread.

Got my sec+ yesterday, 765 which is passing.

Been in the team lead role for a little over a month and have realized I can do both of my direct reports jobs but it seems neither of them can do mine. Had to have a talk with them the other day to tell them to step it up since the CIO is starting to come down on my manager which is going to come down on me eventually.

Thinking about getting something remote at night to keep me outta the streets and focused on getting where I want to be. I’m sure with a TS and sec + I’ll have my pick of the litter on clearancejobs.com

Boss approached me about leading work stream(s) she wants to transition a current working group into - would basically turn me into a Program Manager/Lead. Its not extra work as in hours, but there would be the people management aspect of it. Need to give this some thought.
You like leading meetings, setting meetings, update reports etc?

Back
Top Bottom