Interesting but potentially touchy subject....

no one has explained why they would breed slaves for speed and jumping,when speed and jumping have nothing to do with slave labor.. and no onehas explained why selective breeding can be a valid explanation whennative-born Africans still excel as athletes, and they didn't descendfrom slaves.

it's because selective breeding is NOT THE REASON, people of Africandescent are more athletic because physicality was necessary to surviveon their continent.
smh.gif
ignorance is not a good look in this day andage.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

Black people dont dominate in mma.

And the reason why they do good in certain sports is because there more suited for the wild. there ancestors use to get chased by lions.but they are more suiited for for using bursts of energy.

white people do better in endurance sports.

this is all because of adapting to different living conditions.

i by no means mean to be racist.

You can't be serious. Chased by lions? So you think Usain Bolt trained with a lion behind him on the track?
im talking about thousands of years ao and i was just using lions as examples.

And the reason why they do good in certain sports is because there more suited for the wild. there ancestors use to get chased by lions.but they are more suiited for for using bursts of energy.

You can't be serious. Chased by lions? So you think Usain Bolt trained with a lion behind him on the track?

Originally Posted by DT43

no one has explained why they would breed slaves for speed and jumping,when speed and jumping have nothing to do with slave labor.. and no onehas explained why selective breeding can be a valid explanation whennative-born Africans still excel as athletes, and they didn't descendfrom slaves.

it's because selective breeding is NOT THE REASON, people of Africandescent are more athletic because physicality was necessary to surviveon their continent.
smh.gif
A stronger individual will have more power/explosiveness (which aids in jumping and sprinting)  than a weaker person.

Olympic weightlifters don't train for high verticals. Yet, they have, on average, the highest verticals out of any athletes.

smh.gif
A stronger individual will have more power/explosiveness (which aids in jumping and sprinting)  than a weaker person.

Olympic weightlifters don't train for high verticals. Yet, they have, on average, the highest verticals out of any athletes.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Anyone think that it has more to do with the societal structures and environmental influences than anything else?

Take being in the ghetto or "hood" for example. There really isn't much to do but play sports to avert the so-called street life.

Not to say that the white man purposely makes it so that all "african-americans"/"blacks" are placed in an environment as such, but it is highly probable with the way districts and zones are set up.

But this doesn't really say much for why hispanic cultures, who are oftentimes placed in this same lower class area, are not as athletic and dominate in sports. Or maybe it does.

Working isn't stressed so much in the black community as it in the hispanic one. With the primary focus being on working as much as one can to support the family, not much time is allocated to playing sports and joining said organizations.

The black community doesn't force their children to work at a young age, but allows for more outdoor activity and youth involvement in recreational areas like sports.

So this could be why the black community is more adept athletically at sports than others are. It's almost by design.
So maybe it is genetic, but for different reasons than we would think.

soccer/baseball. but i was saying the same earlier

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Anyone think that it has more to do with the societal structures and environmental influences than anything else?

Take being in the ghetto or "hood" for example. There really isn't much to do but play sports to avert the so-called street life.

Not to say that the white man purposely makes it so that all "african-americans"/"blacks" are placed in an environment as such, but it is highly probable with the way districts and zones are set up.

But this doesn't really say much for why hispanic cultures, who are oftentimes placed in this same lower class area, are not as athletic and dominate in sports. Or maybe it does.

Working isn't stressed so much in the black community as it in the hispanic one. With the primary focus being on working as much as one can to support the family, not much time is allocated to playing sports and joining said organizations.

The black community doesn't force their children to work at a young age, but allows for more outdoor activity and youth involvement in recreational areas like sports.

So this could be why the black community is more adept athletically at sports than others are. It's almost by design.
So maybe it is genetic, but for different reasons than we would think.

soccer/baseball. but i was saying the same earlier

So was the first man ever just frail as hell and so was his family. And the ones that stayed around to make us are the ones who survived the lion chases, tree jump makers and kept on constant alert to build muscles, strength and intimidation in there genes?

So was the first man ever just frail as hell and so was his family. And the ones that stayed around to make us are the ones who survived the lion chases, tree jump makers and kept on constant alert to build muscles, strength and intimidation in there genes?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

smh.gif

do these people have prototypical "powerlifter" physiques?

kobe_bryant_biography.jpg

vince_carter_dunks.jpg

Usain-Bolt_1.jpg

I can post a bunch of skinny athletes who can run and jump out the gym. Strength does not directly correlate with explosiveness, speed, or jumping ability. Fast-twitch fibres correlate with speed and jumping ability, and you can have a higher density of fast-twitch fibres without necessarily being strong. I've seen you in the fitness thread and you seemed knowledgeable, I don't know why you are spouting all this BS to defend a stupid position.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

smh.gif

do these people have prototypical "powerlifter" physiques?

kobe_bryant_biography.jpg

vince_carter_dunks.jpg

Usain-Bolt_1.jpg

I can post a bunch of skinny athletes who can run and jump out the gym. Strength does not directly correlate with explosiveness, speed, or jumping ability. Fast-twitch fibres correlate with speed and jumping ability, and you can have a higher density of fast-twitch fibres without necessarily being strong. I've seen you in the fitness thread and you seemed knowledgeable, I don't know why you are spouting all this BS to defend a stupid position.

Back
Top Bottom