Interesting but potentially touchy subject....

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

btw, isnt there a tendon or something on the heel of black peoples foot that others dont have?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
laugh.gif
 and what tendon is that? 
Knee-grow Tendon

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

btw, isnt there a tendon or something on the heel of black peoples foot that others dont have?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 and what tendon is that? 
Knee-grow Tendon

roll.gif

this thread could have went in another direction but it didn't...i'm proud of you NT

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 and what tendon is that? 
Knee-grow Tendon

roll.gif

this thread could have went in another direction but it didn't...i'm proud of you NT

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

The melanin argument is no different then the eugenicists arguments that Africans were, on average, one standard deviation lower on the IQ scale. It was pure bunk.

Can you please explain? How is saying that having more melanin is physically beneficial the same as saying Africans have lower IQs on average?

Doesn't melanin conduct electricity and allow signals from the brain to travel to muscle groups faster?

It's not Melanin. It's the environment.

East Africans have a high amount of Melanin. Yet, they have a higher concentration of Type I fibers.

Swedes/Finns/Icelanders, have one of the lowest amounts of melanin, yet they consistently do well in strength sports (power lifting and strongman) which necessitate having a favorable percentage of type II fibers.
Doesn't melanin conduct electricity and allow signals from the brain to travel to muscle groups faster?
"Correlation does not imply causation".

Melanin does conduct electricity ( idk about the latter claim with signals either way) but it's not like fairer skinned people have no Melanin.
The important question would be; Does the % diff in Melanin  create any substantial  differences in physical ability that cannot be duplicated/ surpassed through other means (training, other slight genetic diff, etc.).

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

The melanin argument is no different then the eugenicists arguments that Africans were, on average, one standard deviation lower on the IQ scale. It was pure bunk.

Can you please explain? How is saying that having more melanin is physically beneficial the same as saying Africans have lower IQs on average?

It's not Melanin. It's the environment.

East Africans have a high amount of Melanin. Yet, they have a higher concentration of Type I fibers.

Swedes/Finns/Icelanders, have one of the lowest amounts of melanin, yet they consistently do well in strength sports (power lifting and strongman) which necessitate having a favorable percentage of type II fibers.
"Correlation does not imply causation".

Melanin does conduct electricity ( idk about the latter claim with signals either way) but it's not like fairer skinned people have no Melanin.
The important question would be; Does the % diff in Melanin  create any substantial  differences in physical ability that cannot be duplicated/ surpassed through other means (training, other slight genetic diff, etc.).

Black people dont dominate in mma.

And the reason why they do good in certain sports is because there more suited for the wild. there ancestors use to get chased by lions.but they are more suiited for for using bursts of energy.

white people do better in endurance sports.

this is all because of adapting to different living conditions.

i by no means mean to be racist.

And the reason why they do good in certain sports is because there more suited for the wild. there ancestors use to get chased by lions.but they are more suiited for for using bursts of energy.

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

You can't be serious. Chased by lions? So you think Usain Bolt trained with a lion behind him on the track?

You can't be serious. Chased by lions? So you think Usain Bolt trained with a lion behind him on the track?

all you dudes claiming selective breeding do you have any evidence this actually happened. I have never really read anything that said it actually happened. People should probably do some research before they start putting in their 2 cents, but thats just my opinion.

all you dudes claiming selective breeding do you have any evidence this actually happened. I have never really read anything that said it actually happened. People should probably do some research before they start putting in their 2 cents, but thats just my opinion.

NT . Lemme teach you about environmental factors.

One of my best friends is Albanian and he grew up in the heights. He doesn't like white chicks. He loves Latinas (above all else), Black chicks, Asian chicks.  He's never dated a white chick. Why? He grew up in the Heights.
laugh.gif

Now this Albanian NT'er. Just carrying over the views from the old country.

See environment.
laugh.gif

NT . Lemme teach you about environmental factors.

One of my best friends is Albanian and he grew up in the heights. He doesn't like white chicks. He loves Latinas (above all else), Black chicks, Asian chicks.  He's never dated a white chick. Why? He grew up in the Heights.
laugh.gif

Now this Albanian NT'er. Just carrying over the views from the old country.

See environment.
laugh.gif

Anyone think that it has more to do with the societal structures and environmental influences than anything else?

Take being in the ghetto or "hood" for example. There really isn't much to do but play sports to avert the so-called street life.

Not to say that the white man purposely makes it so that all "african-americans"/"blacks" are placed in an environment as such, but it is highly probable with the way districts and zones are set up.

But this doesn't really say much for why hispanic cultures, who are oftentimes placed in this same lower class area, are not as athletic and dominate in sports. Or maybe it does.

Working isn't stressed so much in the black community as it in the hispanic one. With the primary focus being on working as much as one can to support the family, not much time is allocated to playing sports and joining said organizations.

The black community doesn't force their children to work at a young age, but allows for more outdoor activity and youth involvement in recreational areas like sports.

So this could be why the black community is more adept athletically at sports than others are. It's almost by design.
So maybe it is genetic, but for different reasons than we would think.

Anyone think that it has more to do with the societal structures and environmental influences than anything else?

Take being in the ghetto or "hood" for example. There really isn't much to do but play sports to avert the so-called street life.

Not to say that the white man purposely makes it so that all "african-americans"/"blacks" are placed in an environment as such, but it is highly probable with the way districts and zones are set up.

But this doesn't really say much for why hispanic cultures, who are oftentimes placed in this same lower class area, are not as athletic and dominate in sports. Or maybe it does.

Working isn't stressed so much in the black community as it in the hispanic one. With the primary focus being on working as much as one can to support the family, not much time is allocated to playing sports and joining said organizations.

The black community doesn't force their children to work at a young age, but allows for more outdoor activity and youth involvement in recreational areas like sports.

So this could be why the black community is more adept athletically at sports than others are. It's almost by design.
So maybe it is genetic, but for different reasons than we would think.

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

The slave trade was a huge business. It was a business first and foremost. As in any business, there were competing parties vying for a larger share of the market or to command higher prices.  One of the ways to capture a larger percentage of the market or command a higher price is to deal in a higher quality commodity. Slaves were the commodity.

It can't be said that this was true across the board. Some slave traders/owners may have went the "undercut the competition route" and just tried to move product aka slaves at a cheaper rate.

You have to look at it as a business because that exactly what it was.

There's plenty of literature on it. Here's a quote from one work:

"
Mr. Gaulden of Georgia made his Charleston slave-trade and slave-breeding speech again. He announced himself a slave-breeder. (...)
He spoke of the slave-trading and slave-breeding State of Virginia, when a delegate of Virginia called him to order for casting an imputation upon the State of Virginia. Gaulden thought he had been paying Virginia a high compliment. He said: Well, I will said the slave-breeding State of Georgia, then. I glory in being a slave-breeder myself. I will face the music myself, and I have got as many negroes as any man from the State of Virginia. And as I invited the gentlemen of this Convention at Charleston to visit my plantation, I will say again that if they will come to see me, I will show them as fine a lot of negroes, and a pure African too, as they can find anywhere. And I will show them as handsome a set of little children there as can be seen, and any quantity of them, too. And I wish that Virginia may be as good a slave-trading and slave-breeding as Georgia".

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

The slave trade was a huge business. It was a business first and foremost. As in any business, there were competing parties vying for a larger share of the market or to command higher prices.  One of the ways to capture a larger percentage of the market or command a higher price is to deal in a higher quality commodity. Slaves were the commodity.

It can't be said that this was true across the board. Some slave traders/owners may have went the "undercut the competition route" and just tried to move product aka slaves at a cheaper rate.

You have to look at it as a business because that exactly what it was.

There's plenty of literature on it. Here's a quote from one work:

"
Mr. Gaulden of Georgia made his Charleston slave-trade and slave-breeding speech again. He announced himself a slave-breeder. (...)
He spoke of the slave-trading and slave-breeding State of Virginia, when a delegate of Virginia called him to order for casting an imputation upon the State of Virginia. Gaulden thought he had been paying Virginia a high compliment. He said: Well, I will said the slave-breeding State of Georgia, then. I glory in being a slave-breeder myself. I will face the music myself, and I have got as many negroes as any man from the State of Virginia. And as I invited the gentlemen of this Convention at Charleston to visit my plantation, I will say again that if they will come to see me, I will show them as fine a lot of negroes, and a pure African too, as they can find anywhere. And I will show them as handsome a set of little children there as can be seen, and any quantity of them, too. And I wish that Virginia may be as good a slave-trading and slave-breeding as Georgia".

no one has explained why they would breed slaves for speed and jumping,when speed and jumping have nothing to do with slave labor.. and no onehas explained why selective breeding can be a valid explanation whennative-born Africans still excel as athletes, and they didn't descendfrom slaves.

it's because selective breeding is NOT THE REASON, people of Africandescent are more athletic because physicality was necessary to surviveon their continent.
smh.gif
ignorance is not a good look in this day andage.

Back
Top Bottom