Interscope Records cancels Cheif Keef's tours and plan to drop him off label

Keef was still at $5k a show right before Love Sosa dropped and even then promoters who heard of him didnt want them problems.
The murders he might've been associated with, gun charges, Reese getting his chris brown on in front of a camera & the twitter nonsense aside. Think about the backlash for Interscope for promoting a song by a 17 year old bout not being sober.
laugh.gif

Lets be cereal. Low ticket sales is just a cop out to get rid of a bad apple they probably didnt want to sign in the first place
"n's scared to sign me cus i beef too much and the heard that i stay in the streets too much"

its not like interscope spent money on him, love sosa video looks like it was shot with a android phone.

interscope spent no time grooming this kid nor did they build any type of real game plan for this dude.....
I seriously doubt labels are out here trying to polish anybody up anymore and it's been this way for a while if we look at the way things have gone over the past 8+ years to be honest. Seems like the act has to have a following already in order for them to invest or some sort of gimmick to try and milk it while they can. Im probably wrong tho...

I'm baffled that you guys think Keef understands the game and really could take his career into his own hands.  The dude is young and raw.  He's not "going independent" and making moves on his own.  If he had sense he'd still be on Interscope and did a video with 50 and Wiz.  He's not Currency he's young and hood. 

I'm baffled that you guys think Keef understands the game and really could take his career into his own hands.  The dude is young and raw.  He's not "going independent" and making moves on his own.  If he had sense he'd still be on Interscope and did a video with 50 and Wiz.  He's not Currency he's young and hood. 
I stumbed on his old vids the other day, seems like he's been making those decent looking vids (to trash songs) for at least 2 years independently. 40+ mill views + small tours should be ok $

I do think he's an idiot, just talking to talk though

Last edited:
I stumbed on his old vids the other day, seems like he's been making those decent looking vids (to trash songs) for at least 2 years independently. 40+ mill views + small tours should be ok $

the youtube channel is a video guy DGainz we can't even be sure that Keef is getting broke off from that youtube money.  The channel isn't "Chief Keef"

Y'all crazy. Dude does not care about a major deal.
laugh.gif

If dude gets dropped, he will continue to get free beats from Chop and other Chi producers, continue to get free videos shot from Hi-Def and other Chi videographers, continue to flood the streets with free music, and will be able to easily charge 10k+ for club appearances. Getting signed and dropping an album would be icing on the cake. Y'all acting like dude was tryna be the next Ye. Son don't care about a Grammy lol.

Think about where he was a year ago at this time and where he is now. Keef gonna be fine.

the youtube channel is a video guy DGainz we can't even be sure that Keef is getting broke off from that youtube money.  The channel isn't "Chief Keef"

lol, I noticed that, yeah, dudes an idiot.
just saying, in hindsight, if dude wasn't a moron (or young) he could have done the same independent, I guess
Y'all crazy. Dude does not care about a major deal. :lol:

If dude gets dropped, he will continue to get free beats from Chop and other Chi producers, continue to get free videos shot from Hi-Def and other Chi videographers, continue to flood the streets with free music, and will be able to easily charge 10k+ for club appearances. Getting signed and dropping an album would be icing on the cake. Y'all acting like dude was tryna be the next Ye. Son don't care about a Grammy lol.​

Think about where he was a year ago at this time and where he is now. Keef gonna be fine.​

a deal is just a loan.

dude seems like he took whatever offered the biggest advance he could find, but I'm pretty sure he owes $.

Last edited:

If dude gets dropped, he will continue to get free beats from Chop and other Chi producers, continue to get free videos shot from Hi-Def and other Chi videographers, continue to flood the streets with free music, and will be able to easily charge 10k+ for club appearances. Getting signed and dropping an album would be icing on the cake. Y'all acting like dude was tryna be the next Ye. Son don't care about a Grammy lol.​

Think about where he was a year ago at this time and where he is now. Keef gonna be fine.​

Don't tell them these obvious truths, ****** just wanna slander Keef.
He wasn't even ready for a major label deal let alone dropping an album which is why it sounds like a mixtape.
But, as son just reiterated, he's going to be fine if they drop him or not. His popularity is what is carrying him and it was self generated before Interscope was in the picture
He shoots videos in his grandma's crib and gets millions of views, Chop has 30 beats for him at all times and it probably takes him 15 minutes to make a song.
He will be getting club/show money regardless of what happens with Interscope, I doubt he owes any money because promo was non existent & that album probably cost 30k tops to make.
Only problem is they probably gave him a shark 360 type deal but why yall continue to pray on the kid's downfall is beyond me.

its not like interscope spent money on him, love sosa video looks like it was shot with a android phone.
:rofl:

I just want him & his crew to succeed more than OF

Am I wrong? :wow:

these OF fans out here thinkin' they the business with the gobin sales, i wish they all go to hell with that terrible music they bringing.

please, dear god can they burn in hell & all the finest assassins just snipe them, PLEASE !!!

Last edited:
Why would Interscope drop him? Why not just shelf him and let him put out mixtapes. If he drops another hit song then take him off the self and push out another album and try again. I don't understand the benefit of dropping him when they can just "hang on" to him at no or little cost. They probably just cancelled the tour because given the sales it wasn't worth the money to put him on the road.

Dudes in here talking hot gas about him still being able to get money and what not after he gets dropped. Things are not that easy. Remember, just because you like him, and listen to him everyday doesn't mean he is popular to everyone else. Truth of the matter is he is NOT popular to the extent you guys are talking (charging 10K for club appearances after he gets dropped lol). And people swear "Youtube views" carry major weight. Remember he is more a LIABILITY, he isn't professional and all the stupid stuff he did on interscope will be on his resume which means not many labels will want to deal with him.

Son did nothing to show that he deserved that deal. Makes sense to me.

I heard this dude name, but never heard his music.. So i googled him to see what the fuss is about.. imo dude is garbage, if he was rapping back in the 90s he would be a legend but that era of hip hop has pass, look like his 15 mins have passed

Don't tell them these obvious truths, ****** just wanna slander Keef.
He wasn't even ready for a major label deal let alone dropping an album which is why it sounds like a mixtape.
But, as son just reiterated, he's going to be fine if they drop him or not. His popularity is what is carrying him and it was self generated before Interscope was in the picture
He shoots videos in his grandma's crib and gets millions of views, Chop has 30 beats for him at all times and it probably takes him 15 minutes to make a song.
He will be getting club/show money regardless of what happens with Interscope, I doubt he owes any money because promo was non existent & that album probably cost 30k tops to make.
Only problem is they probably gave him a shark 360 type deal but why yall continue to pray on the kid's downfall is beyond me.

Obvious truths aye? Yall acting like dude was an indie juggernaut before Kanye blessed him. Aint nobody but idiots believing them youtube numbers. Even when Vevo run they youtube numbers up theyre not stupid enough to boost it to 24 mill in a month and those artists actually sell records :lol: Lil Wayne highest video is around 12 mill. Nicki Minaj too......but Love Sosa at 21 mill....IGHT

And homie aint gonna be alright.

Dudes that sell millions and tour the world dont end up being alright. You see it all the time. So how is a 16 year old with a bad reputation with club promoters going to be alright?

Why would Interscope drop him? Why not just shelf him and let him put out mixtapes. If he drops another hit song then take him off the self and push out another album and try again. I don't understand the benefit of dropping him when they can just "hang on" to him at no or little cost. They probably just cancelled the tour because given the sales it wasn't worth the money to put him on the road.

I hope they dont drop dude but I can understand cutting ties. Too much bad publicity and the lawsuits from these club promoters probably aint worth the stress.

Imagine if "Hate Being Sober" actually becomes a hit song? The backlash will be crazy. Interscope just pushed the **** out of Swimming Pools and got praise for it. How you gonna promote a song about underage drinking and drug use?

I talked to my homegirl over there she saying she dont know about them dropping dude but the offices closed til the 2nd week in January but she did say they are pissed at the whole "Chief Keef" project. And they havent been as hands on after the whole Jojo thing happened.

Seems them letting him drop an album 5 months into his deal was just a way for them to be able to cut him without them getting sued.

Last edited:

We discussed this in another thread. This is false.

"Love Sosa" charting at 2 formats at radio. Commercials on radio (heard by my own ears on Hot97). Commericials on MTV and or BET which I have seen with my own eyes.

That all = money spent.

They way y'all be saying things with nothing to substantiate it is outlandish.

And we have another one!

Dude doesn't care about a major deal.....but he signed one. OK.

And I didn't realize so many people worked for free in the music BUSINESS. Free beats? Free videos? Like it's nothing? OK.

10k a show consistently? OK. How many clubs across the country you think trying to book this kid. His fanbase is barely old enough to drink.

How much of that 10k actually winds up in his bank account after taxes, manager, traveling party etc.

Buggin'......

You need TALENT or business acumen to sustain a career. Dude doesn't have much of either right now. For his sake, I hope that changes.

Last edited:
Y'all crazy. Dude does not care about a major deal.
laugh.gif
And we have another one!

Dude doesn't care about a major deal.....but he signed one. OK.

And I didn't realize so many people worked for free in the music BUSINESS. Free beats? Free videos? Like it's nothing? OK.

10k a show consistently? OK. How many clubs across the country you think trying to book this kid. His fanbase is barely old enough to drink.

How much of that 10k actually winds up in his bank account after taxes, manager, traveling party etc.

Buggin'......

You need TALENT or business acumen to sustain a career. Dude doesn't have much of either right now. For his sake, I hope that changes.
Dude probably signed that major deal because you know they threw some craaaazy amount at him . . . Like you said, dude doesn't have much business acumen . . . he just saw them zeroes lol. But who can really blame him considering what his alternative is.

Chop and Hi-Def are dudes he knew before he blew up. Both of them owe their relevance (moreso Chop, I've only seen Hi-Def do Chicago related projects, Young Chop is in the studio with GOOD Music, getting placements with alot of artists) to I Don't Like and all the other viral vids Keef put out.

I know someone who looked into booking Chief Keef for a club/party or something. It costs 15k. Dude can easily justify that by consistently dropping tapes and videos. I can see him being someone like Gucci. And there are dudes over 21 that bang Keef.

I can't speak for who gets that 15k after they hand it over to Keef's people. You probably right about his business being funny.

And I agree he's not some special gift to hip hop
laugh.gif
, but I don't think dude deserves to crash and burn with a daughter after only 8 months in the business. If dude's business is right, I think he can make it if he takes the Wayne approach and just floods the streets with music for the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom