ipad for med school?

indifferent.gif

What do you think - will the iPad be a useful tool for a med student?I'm about to begin my first year, and I'm debating whether or not toget an iPad.

Originally Posted by Cubinican

What do you think - will the iPad be a useful tool for a med student? I'm about to begin my first year, and I'm debating whether or not to get an iPad.

No. Not even close.

med school? Would you mind posting or pming me your stats ie school, mcat score, sci gpa, etc? Id really appreciate it!

you'd be better off just using an iphone or an ipod touch. Make sure you get the Netter's app and the Lange Pharmacology app. They will be TREMENDOUSLY helpful. Congrats on starting your first year! If you need any useful resources for basic sciences, PM me. I have a lot of useful stuff.

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

med school? Would you mind posting or pming me your stats ie school, mcat score, sci gpa, etc? Id really appreciate it!
me too bro

thanks fam

Son, you know damn well that you only created this thread so that you could brag (slightly) about getting into med school.

If you were really interested in an Ipad, you'd check out the uber-long thread dedicated to it and it alone, as well as the official (all-things) MAC thread.

grin.gif

I would recommend calling and asking to be honest. I know some schools practically require it.

I think either an Ipad or a Ipod touch would be useful for Gross and other studies.

The Ipads screen would probably make it easier though.

It would be annoying to use. Use your books for the boards. You're going to need to draw and underline a lot. Get a PDA for the wards and you're good to go

This has to be a joke. This guy can't be serious with a question like that
laugh.gif

What med school did you get into OP?

Btw, I'd go with a laptop for all the intense note-taking you'll be doing, medical school is no joke.  The learning curve is similar to drinking water out of a fire hose.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Son, you know damn well that you only created this thread so that you could brag (slightly) about getting into med school.

If you were really interested in an Ipad, you'd check out the uber-long thread dedicated to it and it alone, as well as the official (all-things) MAC thread.

grin.gif

you know damn well all of ya'll are just hating cuz dude got into med school
grin.gif

homie was just looking for advice, throwing salt at people doing good is disgusting

OP do your thang, get the ipad, if you want to

Why waste money on something that might not be required and you can't even think of a good reason to have?

I know friends who are nursing students are required to have an iPod touch so they can have some handheld programs. I'd wait until your teachers or advisers tell you that you're required to have an iPad. Otherwise I think you're better off saving your money and investing in a fully functional notebook or netbook if you want something on the go.

Back
Top Bottom