iPhone 3gs for 49.99 on ATT website. (Deal is over)

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Whats the difference between refurbished and used?
nerd.gif

refurbished = used parts to make a new phone. phone looks brand new

used = scratches or sign of wear.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Damn, I'm still having trouble, Me and my friend tried to order two iPhones one for me and one for my cousin. But we got this message "Based on your credit score, you do not meet our eligibility requirements, but you can still get a phone!" is there anything we can do? my friend goes to collage on a athletic scholarship.
The only thing is you can do a security deposit but I dont know if that would work with this deal, I know it does work for a reg in store inphone, they ask for a 250-500 deposit..
yeah man i dont think it'll work since they get the deposit on purpose so you don't cancel. The whole point of this is to get the phonefor cheap without the contract although if you want a contract you can put the deposit and get it back later.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by Dakingii

*Requires purchase of a $30/mo data service. 2 year contract & new activation required. Limit 2 iPhone devices per household when ordering online.
iPhone does not qualify for the Bing cashback program.
smh.gif
smh.gif
well duh... since when did phones just come from a phone company without a plan? for cheap?

dudes expect everything to go their way i swear
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Stack Bundless wrote:

Damn, I'm still having trouble, Me and my friend tried to order two iPhones one for me and one for my cousin. But we got this message "Based on your
credit score, you do not meet our eligibility requirements, but you can still get a phone!" is there anything we can do? my friend goes to collage on a
athletic scholarship.
The only thing is you can do a security deposit but I dont know if that would work with this deal, I know it does work for a reg in store inphone,
they ask for a 250-500 deposit..
yeah man i dont think it'll work since they get the deposit on purpose so you don't cancel. The whole point of this is to get the phone for cheap without the contract although if you want a contract you can put the deposit and get it back later.

Damn, sucks to hear but thanks for the info. Can it work if I just order one iPhone?

accordign to the service agreement in order to keep the actual phone you have to keep it for at least 30 days then cancel your contract right after that. ifyou cancel within 30 days you do not pay the ETF and you will have to return the phone. if you cancel after 30 days you pay the ETF and you get to keep thephone.

so you gotta pay for 2 months of service in order to keep it unless theres some way around it that i dont know of.

i copped a white and black both 16gbs....most likely gonna flip both but might give one a try...EASY MONEY!! did this when the 3gs first came out and sold onefor $600 after i used it for 3 months
laugh.gif
good looks op

Originally Posted by w0rldw1d3spusha

accordign to the service agreement in order to keep the actual phone you have to keep it for at least 30 days then cancel your contract right after that. if you cancel within 30 days you do not pay the ETF and you will have to return the phone. if you cancel after 30 days you pay the ETF and you get to keep the phone.

so you gotta pay for 2 months of service in order to keep it unless theres some way around it that i dont know of.
and the @#!% begins to hit the fan...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

accordign to the service agreement in order to keep the actual phone you have to keep it for at least 30 days then cancel your contract right after that. if you cancel within 30 days you do not pay the ETF and you will have to return the phone. if you cancel after 30 days you pay the ETF and you get to keep the phone.

exactly. read the first post. u only pay one month btw. u get a credit for the 2nd month since u never used the service.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good look just copped. I was going ot upgrade anyway to it so the 2-year contract doesn't bother me. I can finally get rid of my current iphone 2g that Igot when the iphone first dropped!

exactly. read the first post. u only pay one month btw. u get a credit for the 2nd month since u never used the service.

so just return the phone on the 31st day and we dont have to pay for the second month?

Good looks OP. Quick question though, I'm already an AT&T customer & have an Iphone already, does that mean I would have to pay for another line inorder to get this deal?

just copped...ima try and sell my mytouch to cover the ETF...hopefully everything goes smoothly and i dont regret my purchase

so just return the phone on the 31st day and we dont have to pay for the second month?
that's what I'd say. i don't see how they can charge u for a 2nd month you're not gonna use. I know tmobile gave me a credit forthe days left in the month and took that off the ETF.

That 2nd month service pay is kinda messing with me. Does anyone have a definite answer if we pay 2 months service or 1?

Also does it have an effect on your credit if you cancel?

i just placed this on slickdeals if anyone wants to know the math.
Let see if this is correct.
For 2 iphone 3gs black

+106.08 for both phones paid today.
+175.00 ETF first phone
+175.00 ETF second phone
+ 59.99 Cheapest family plan
+ 60.00 (30.00x2 - texting plan)
+ tax
=========
UPFRONT COST
576.07(288.04 per phone)

Ebay, the iphone is selling for atleast 500.00
1000.00(say you sold both phones for 500)
-30(shipping fees for both phones)
-30 (paypal fees for both phones at 500)
-33 (ebay fees for both phones at 500)
-576.07( cost of the bill, ETF, initial cost, tax,etc)
-------------
PROFIT
+330.93(+165.46 per phone)*roughly*

Of course you have to cancel after your first month contract. And you can always sell your phone for more than 500( some listing on ebay go up to 600+)

Is that math correct or did I miss something?

Selling the phone for 400 each
you still profit +130.93(+65.46 per phone)*roughly*

Worst comes to worst, selling for 300 peach
you are only down -46.07(-23.03 per phone) *roughly*

Or sell thru your craigslist and avoid all the fees together(more flaky buyers. Prices for 16gb is around 500-600 bnib here in Houston)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At all the small time scam talk going onin here. I guess times are really tough when people go through all of that trouble for a small "profit". Then peeps wonder why Verizon upped its ETFto $350. The other carriers are next.

Back
Top Bottom