iPod classic... or another mp3 player?

I have over 100 gb of music, and my 32gb iPhone is not cutting it right now when apps, photos/video take space as well.

My question is what is better to buy right now in 2012?
Do I still have to worry about the ipod classic's hard drive possibly failing? Would apple care on the ipod classic be worth it?
Or should I go ahead and get a 32/64 gb ipod touch which are probably more reliable overall.

I don't listen to ALL my music at once, but i like to have it all available. i like to listen to whole albums or playlists not just put it on shuffle ya know?

I have a 32GB iPod Touch and a 120GB Classic and I love my Classic by far. I'd get rid of the Touch before I got rid of the Classic. I'm sure I'm getting close to 200GB of music now.

The classic by miles.

Check out Amazon and Gamestop for some good deals on new and refurbished ones.

classic ipod for sure. im currently looking for a thin silver 160gb on craigslist for a cheap price.

Nothing else out there compares to the classic.
The only thing close is Cowon X7, and it doesn't seem that great.

More companies need to start making mp3 players that can compete with the 120 GB classic. My menu and play button don't work so the only way I can listen to different artist is by keeping it on shuffle or using the genius playlist. When I went to go get it fixed they told me it would cost around the same amount I paid for it
indifferent.gif

in 2012 I Prefer to have a spotify account for 10 bucks a month and just stream/download everything on the go. You don't have to worry about downloading albums, organizing tags and doing things on your computer. Spotify is gonna have most albums out the day they come out or a week later, and 99% of the music you already have with the exception of a few rap mixtapes

^Spotify and other streaming services is solely dependent on having an internet connection.

You can store your whole library and then some and never have to worry about wifi or 3G with a 160GB iPod Classic.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

^Spotify and other streaming services is solely dependent on having an internet connection.

You can store your whole library and then some and never have to worry about wifi or 3G with a 160GB iPod Classic.
Exactly and why pay for music that you probably already have in your collection that you more than likely paid for in the past.  Sure you store Spotify music for offline use, but then that begins to take up space on your iPhone.

You should get an Android and upload all your songs to Google Play (no subscription).
If not, then you should get the iPod Classic.

Google play music on you phone is great but it kills battery. And if you don't have great service or unlimited data then 
laugh.gif
. I use it tho
nerd.gif

A 160GB Ipod classic would be ideal
pimp.gif
. Forget the touch and all that. Just want it to play music

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I have over 100 gb of music, and my 32gb iPhone is not cutting it right now when apps, photos/video take space as well.

My question is what is better to buy right now in 2012?
Do I still have to worry about the ipod classic's hard drive possibly failing? Would apple care on the ipod classic be worth it?
Or should I go ahead and get a 32/64 gb ipod touch which are probably more reliable overall.

I don't listen to ALL my music at once, but i like to have it all available. i like to listen to whole albums or playlists not just put it on shuffle ya know?
google_music_logo.jpg

Use this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ keep your Iphone and your money. 

You can listen to all your music in your collection as long as you can maintain atleast a edge/wifi connection

I just scooped up a Nano, works great for the gym

but I'd go with a classic..don't really need the extra app crap on the touch

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

There is an offline mode where you can download all the songs you can handle. If I wanna hear a new album I can listen to it in 10 seconds (given I have internet connection) and download it too. On my Classic I had to go through backdoor sights or super advanced search methods to find the album/song, download, plug it in, Use crappy Itunes, sometimes retag the files so that its most convenient to find in my ipod and even then there was a chance the copy I DL'd wasn't perfect.

In the 90's it was even worse. I seriously don't know how the music system could get any easier than it is now.

But if you have the time to do all that and you want to save a little money in the long run given you your ipod lasts longer than 25 months or you don't have a smartphone or 90% of your music collection are obscure lil wayne mixtapes
pimp.gif
then a classic is ideal

My black 160gb Classic is my life.
smokin.gif

My old one broke last year when I was running down the stairs to go ball, hurt my heart deeply.
frown.gif

Wifey bought me a new one for my b-day with name engraved on back... felt good to be re-united!
pimp.gif

Most of time it's in my car connected to back of my indash.

#feelsgoodman

Haven't listened to radio in years, literally.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

My black 160gb Classic is my life.
smokin.gif

My old one broke last year when I was running down the stairs to go ball, hurt my heart deeply.
frown.gif

Wifey bought me a new one for my b-day with name engraved on back... felt good to be re-united!
pimp.gif

Most of time it's in my car connected to back of my indash.

#feelsgoodman

Haven't listened to radio in years, literally.
This. Next car I get can keep the navigation and fancy in dash. I've got my classic on shuffle every ride and 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom