IS BROOKLYN DYING?

I can't even get mad at what's going on . It's uplifting the community and putting money into property owners pockets.

I mean truthfully nothing has really changed except the rent price & neighbors. I actually like some of the condos they put up downtown & in Williamsburg.

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

Neighbors change everyday, b. Da heightz used to be the heart of Irish New York. The city has always been a give and a take, a city of immigrants. Everybody hates hipsters, but you can't stop people from coming to town.

Truth

Everyone in here actin like the projects were the first building put up in BK
eyes.gif

I was in Williamsburg the other night barhopping on Bedford and I didn't see a single black or hispanic person, dead #$+.. it was downright eerie, my mind almost couldn't process the fact that I was still in Brooklyn.

I aint even mad at the hipsters doe.. the girls loooove black guys, and the dudes will either try real hard to be your friend or just stay out of your way
laugh.gif

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that misses the crime. But why would you care that the neighborhood is getting "better" if you are being priced out of it and can not stay there for much longer?I know no matter how logical your argument is some people on here never change their mind, but hopefully some of you will take it from people who have a first hand perspective.

Like someone said in the other thread, we couldnt get a cop in the neighborhood if our lives depended on it (and for many people it did) and now cops are on every corner. Way to treat us like second class citizens.
From an outsiders perspective it looks like as soon as white people move in crime goes down. Blacks and Latinos must be savages. Its more like now that cops are highly visible on every corner the cops are serving as a deterrent. Wouldve been nice to have that in the 80's/90's.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Y'all keep saying it's for the better but won't be able to afford it, though.
And this is what they're completely ignoring.

And life isn't as easy as just getting off your #@$ and getting a job. Y'all think people in these neighborhoods want to stay impoverished?

I grew up in Spanish Harlem. Had to leave because of gentrification. My family couldn't afford it. 10 years later I go to visit a friend in the neighborhood, my old neighborhood, and white folks are closing the door behind them looking at me like I'm the outsider. Like I'm not supposed to be in that neighborhood.

I experienced this $!@! first hand, and right now I can afford to move back, but I won't.

Gentrification isn't all good. It's about perspective, and from where I'm standing it's absolute %%$+%+%%.

That's how things work, though.

Yeah , as i grew older i realized the influx of new people coming into my neighborhood. Im pretty ambivalent on the subject, with many of yall stating the reasons. Whatever happens happens, as long as people respect Brooklyn culture.

On another note, since theres mad NY nters in here right now, can anyone PLEASE gimme some info on the following.

- if you take any of the trains that go over the manhattan , at one point you start goin above the buildings, and if youre on the window side facing the brooklyn, theres a rooftop that seems to be a dining area of some sort. Theres tables and chairs and it looks Relatively well. Kept. I always see people up there and im just wondering if anyone has any info. Like is it a residential building or a restaurant?

I hope someone knows what im talking about haha

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that misses the crime. But why would you care that the neighborhood is getting "better" if you are being priced out of it and can not stay there for much longer?I know no matter how logical your argument is some people on here never change their mind, but hopefully some of you will take it from people who have a first hand perspective.

Like someone said in the other thread, we couldnt get a cop in the neighborhood if our lives depended on it (and for many people it did) and now cops are on every corner. Way to treat us like second class citizens.
From an outsiders perspective it looks like as soon as white people move in crime goes down. Blacks and Latinos must be savages. Its more like now that cops are highly visible on every corner the cops are serving as a deterrent. Wouldve been nice to have that in the 80's/90's.

You act like every black or Latin neighborhood in the city is a slum.

Not sure what i said that comes across like that
Maybe I explained myself wrong.

Originally Posted by Mayor of NYC

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

What are you talking about? I LIVE here. Who else could he be talking about?
how about the "4th generation loser" get off there @#* and get a real job and instead of worrying about the hippies.  

You're ignorant and feeble minded. How do you know these people don't have jobs? How do you know they don't want to work? Sit down, b.
He specifically said "4th generation losers bangin and slangin". You know damn well they ain't got jobs..

Alot of cats dont know this but its hard for blacks and latinos in New york to find work .Look up the coalition dudes gotta fight to get on at jobs because alot of them wont hire them at all.Alot of mafia backed,foreign firms wont let these guys work.So folks who could be in the workplace cant make it solely because of discrimination

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

dont think this will happen to The South Bronx
grin.gif

laugh.gif
it isnt? I could swear I heard on NY1 that they tryna call it "SoBro" as a play off of "SoHo"?
Matter fact. Eff that... NY1 DID say that
laugh.gif

were nothing but cuchifritos, VIM and the bronx museum of art
laugh.gif

the only time I seen folks pass the grand concourse is when the court is open or when the yankees play

Originally Posted by Heshua

So let's just rid of all black and Hispanics huh? Y'all sound ******ed.
That's a shame you equate "4th generation losers bangin' and slangin' on the block" with blacks and hispanics.

What are you talking about? I LIVE here. Who else could he be talking about?

So all hipsters are white?

Da way you slow gentrification is having a tight knit community that

Speaks foreign languages & own their own businesses.

Hipsters arent permanent..they gettin priced outta soho & williamsburg so their

Marching up to bushwick & greenpoint BK...

Meanwhile da heightz, & chinatown are only getting bigger & dominicans comin off da boat

Been FLOODING da Bronx.

Its crazy how it takes white people moving in for areas to look clean and be safe.
Just shows we never really took care of our own communities. How can we get mad at others for making something out of it.

Yeah SoBro (
laugh.gif
) is next up.
Massive new construction, Police Raids and Surveillance vans, new artsy buildings and teaching jobs aimed at the new Yuppie implants.

I'm watching the transformation happen right before my eyes.

Originally Posted by Regis

Its crazy how it takes white people moving in for areas to look clean and be safe.
Just shows we never really took care of our own communities. How can we get mad at others for making something out of it.

indifferent.gif

They are moving into neighborhoods that THE CITY has recently poured MILLIONS of dollars into after neglecting for years.

Hipsters aren't out here paving new streets with steamrollers or forming vigilante groups to fight off crime...the city is targeting spots prime for hundred-thousandaires that can't afford Manhattan rent to move into...and they're renovating them.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Meanwhile da heightz, & chinatown are only getting bigger & dominicans comin off da boat

Been FLOODING da Bronx.

Ninjahood, I can assure you the polack knuckleheads are not leaving Greenpoint anytime soon, hipster or no hipster.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

indifferent.gif

They are moving into neighborhoods that THE CITY has recently poured MILLIONS of dollars into after neglecting for years.

Hipsters aren't out here paving new streets with steamrollers or forming vigilante groups to fight off crime...the city is targeting spots prime for hundred-thousandaires that can't afford Manhattan rent to move into...and they're renovating them.  

You seem to think that all these people are moving into fancy condos or some +%+%. Im not saying that these new buildings are being put up but theyre NOT the majority.
Its still the same crappy buildings (for the most part) just with higher rent.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

indifferent.gif

You seem to think that all these people are moving into fancy condos or some +%+%. Im not saying that these new buildings are being put up but theyre NOT the majority.
Its still the same crappy buildings (for the most part) just with higher rent.
No its not.
The city auctioned off all of those brownstones in Harlem in the late 90's, early 00'S to affiliated developers. 

They sold off all of the vacant factories in former industrial Brooklyn neighborhoods and encouraged Medical Institutions and Universities like LIU to sponsor neighborhoods like Fort Green. They pushed through developments like the new Nets Arena, etc.

None of this is by accident and no one is living in the same tenements with broken boilers and chipped paint that the previous residents did.

They're currently spending millions to build a greenway in Hunts Point...they just built a crazy complex with with solar paneling, recycled rain water and fruit tress on site on 149th street in the Bronx. 

White people don't just move in and things magically got better.

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Been FLOODING da Bronx.

Ninjahood, I can assure you the polack knuckleheads are not leaving Greenpoint anytime soon, hipster or no hipster.

How about you watch your mouth with the derogatory language about my neighborhood and my culture.

Back
Top Bottom