Is Canada the greatest country?

Patois is not Canadian slang :lol: and "the my yutes" doesn't make sense. Him haffi study a bit more.

:lol: i said it influenced our slang (toronto). Its not exact patois, we put our own spin on it. So "the my yutes" might not be correct patois, the way we say it would be like "the my yute's grillin me" or something like that. Chopped slang still :lol:.

Wagwan
What r u sayin
What r u deh pon
What r u dealin wit

It is. Got a big jamaican population so our slang is heavily influenced by them.
It's weird because the dudes in London have similar slang and I just noticed this the past year or so. One of my boys from London is Ethiopian with an English accent and use a lot of Jamaican words. It still to this day confuses the **** out of me.

Patois is not Canadian slang
laugh.gif
and "the my yutes" doesn't make sense. Mi haffi gi yuh ah lesson :lol:
laugh.gif
i said it influenced our slang (toronto). Its not exact patois, we put our own spin on it. So "the my yutes" might not be correct patois, the way we say it would be like "the my yute's grillin me" or something like that. Chopped slang still
laugh.gif

Wagwan
What r u sayin
What r u deh pon
What r u dealin wit
HahaI was just giving you a hard time. I had a Jamaican roommate for a year and a half so whenever his Jamaican ppl came over it's all I heard 
laugh.gif

He was a DJ too. Put me onto a lot dope Reggae 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
It's weird because the dudes in London have similar slang and I just noticed this the past year or so. One of my boys from London is Ethiopian with an English accent and use a lot of Jamaican words. It still to this day confuses the **** out of me.

Ya pretty much the same thing over there. Large jamaican population so the patois became part of their slang. Both cities have similar slang, its that Caribbean influence. We have large communities of a number of cultures so alot of words from different languages become part of the slang/street talk, especially growing up and going to school with all kinds of cultures. We have a large Somali population and they say Wallahi (Wallah) which means i promise by Allah. Its so common now non muslims say it lol. Its just the blend of so many cultures and languages.

HahaI was just giving you a hard time. I had a Jamaican roommate for a year and a half so whenever his Jamaican ppl came over it's all I heard :lol:

He was a DJ too. Put me onto a lot dope Reggae :pimp:  

:lol: i picked it up growing up with jamaicans in my neighborhood and in school.

Ya pretty much the same thing over there. Large jamaican population so the patois became part of their slang. Both cities have similar slang, its that Caribbean influence. We have large communities of a number of cultures so alot of words from different languages become part of the slang/street talk, especially growing up and going to school with all kinds of cultures. We have a large Somali population and they say Wallahi (Wallah) which means i promise by Allah. Its so common now non muslims say it lol. Its just the blend of so many cultures and languages.
:lol: i picked it up growing up with jamaicans in my neighborhood and in school.
That's pretty bomb man, it's like if we started talking with a Mexican accent in San Francisco.

Last edited:
That's pretty bomb man, it's like if we started talking with a Mexican accent in San Francisco.

I wouldnt say its so much the accent, more so the lingo. I dunno its hard to explain lol. When i lived in the south my homies would look at me crazy sometimes. One thing thats common that we say is "what r u saying" which is basically like whats up or whats good? If u say it to someone from toronto theyll understand. When i would say it to my ppls down south theyd have a confused look on their face and say "what? I didnt say anything" :lol:

tbh Toronto, Montreal, Victoria and Vancouver are the only best cities....stay out of the other places.

How would y'all rank the cities between the 4?

Or compared to other cities is it like:

Toronto = NYC?
Montreal = ?
Victoria = ?
Vancouver = San Francisco/Seattle/Portland
[thread="653613"] [/thread]

I got more of a Chicago vibe when I was in Toronto than a New York vibe. 

To me, Montreal in many ways felt like the old New York. If you went, you would know what I'm talking about.

I feel u

37772501.jpg

In every conceivable way.

actually... Canada has more Bald Eagles per capita than the USA.

i lived in in LA for 30+ years, and now i live in Vancouver. I have absolutely zero regrets. I love LA, but the overall quality of life in Vancouver makes LA look like crap (especially with the overpopulation, congestion and political climate).

I ain't mad at people hatin on Canada. I was once guilty of that too, until I realized I probably shouldn't hate on a country that I never stepped foot on.

I wouldnt say its so much the accent, more so the lingo. I dunno its hard to explain lol. When i lived in the south my homies would look at me crazy sometimes. One thing thats common that we say is "what r u saying" which is basically like whats up or whats good? If u say it to someone from toronto theyll understand. When i would say it to my ppls down south theyd have a confused look on their face and say "what? I didnt say anything" :lol:
Interesting, gotta visit Toronto some time. I'd consider relocating there after college if it wasn't for those winters. Been hearing good things about Montreal, Vancouver, and Toronto all my life but I feel Toronto would have the most to offer.

strange place this niketalk site has become over my past 10+ years here.

First it was New York is the greatest continent in the whole Milky Way hemisphere....

Now,

Canada is the greatest country....

I got more of a Chicago vibe when I was in Toronto than a New York vibe. 

To me, Montreal in many ways felt like the old New York. If you went, you would know what I'm talking about.

Toronto is kinda like a mix of Chicago architecture and NYC like culture. Montreal is nothing like old NYC at all. Montreal is more like European city and its dope. Have yet to go to Vancouver but it's on the list. Is Canada the best tho.... It might just be maybe.

Last edited:
Idk about greatest, but one trip through Vancouver, I gotta say cleanest. Not one piece of litter spotted.

Canadians Find Supermarket Unlocked & Unstaffed, Behave in Most Canadian Way Possible

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

Shutterstock

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/canadians-leave-cash-unlocked-grocery-store

A store that's been left unlocked and unattended after it's closed for the day is truly a looter's dream scenario. Who knows, even typically law-abiding folks who show up thinking it's open might be tempted to exploit the situation and walk out with some free stuff. Though perhaps not in Canada, where customers instead left cash and IOUs for items they took from an unstaffed supermarket that had been mistakenly left its doors open during a national holiday last month.

Like a feel-good episode of What Would You Do? come to life, the Food Basics grocery store in Kingston, Ontario was left unlocked on Family Day -- a Canadian national holiday that occurs every February -- only to be treated with the sort of mannered respect and honesty Canadians are famous for. Rather than a mess of looted shelves, store managers found there was cash or an IOU note left for every item that had been taken.

A number of customers showed up to the Food Basics on February 18 thinking it was open, only to discover that it was unstaffed despite its doors left open. A number of those people promptly left after realizing it was meant to be closed, but others went shopping anyway using the honor system. One elderly woman walked out empty handed, but left a note for the manager that she just needed some flour and eggs so she could make a cake, according to CTV.

Cops did eventually show up when someone called after noticing customers inside without any staff, but the authorities were more impressed than alarmed by what they found.

“It’s rare anywhere. We’re pretty impressed with our citizens that they would be so honorable, honest, so as to leave a bunch of money for the groceries that they were taking,” Constable Ash Gutheinz told CTV.

Food Basic's District Manager Mark Woudwyk was equally shocked to learn nothing had been stolen.

“My first thought was ‘Oh no,’” he told CTV. “I realized to my delight that nobody took anything out of the store."

And as if the whole incident isn't enough to prove that Canadians rightly earn their reputation for being nice, the store even hooked up that elderly woman with a free gift card for groceries.

Hey, Americans, take note.

canadians always act so holier than tho
like they better than us
they so lame
even their greatest export maple syrup
we americans got on lock now
vermont is the maple capital of the world
how bout that trash *** canada aye
and whats up with saying aye after every other sentence
ol hockey loving lames

Back
Top Bottom