Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Blake has gotta be the most overrated player in the nba.

And deron doesn't seem to help the nets much does he? Guess he's not a franchise player

if we are basing it on pure raw talent he could be amongst the best. i dont think his work ethic and mindset is there yet. maybe one day .....

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by solarius49

Top 10 black holes in all of basketball
You must get ur information from ESPN headlines. Melo passes the ball better than any SF in the league not named LeBron.
So delusional...  But makes sense coming from 'Allen iverson fan'...

You must get ur information from ESPN headlines. Melo passes the ball better than any SF in the league not named LeBron.

Hedo Turkoglu

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

" He is still capable of being in the Top 10 players discussion. "

Everyone will have their own opinion on where he'd rank.

Even now it's a discussion, except it's easier to prove he isn't because that's the proof we have at the moment.

Dudes are too quick to throw a dude in the "garbage" "overhyped" "overrated" categories.

It's not like the team he left is better without him and the team he joined plays better without him as well

Just give us 1 of those starters back. ANY of them and we beat Boston or at least take them to 7 last year.

Seriously doubt it, the Celtics swept you guys out of the playoffs. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Blake has gotta be the most overrated player in the nba.

And deron doesn't seem to help the nets much does he? Guess he's not a franchise player

This. Atleast someone else sees it...

Hedo Turkoglu
Your not serious, are you? The only time Hedu passes the ball is when hes swinging it around the perimeter.

But this is why I hate arguing on NT. Dudes just come with the most off the wall #%$@. I mean dudes seriously have Blake over Melo? What does Blake do that Melo doesnt?

And now Melo is playing pretty good lock down D. So whats the excuse  for him not being an elite player now? Even tho every single one of you has Dirk in there who doesnt play D. Blake doesnt play a whole lot of D. Tony Parker is consistently getting burned by opposing PGs and is not even close to the offensive threat Melo is but ya got him ahead of Melo. I mean common.

But ill just leave ya to it. Cuz im not about to go back and forth with people who rank Blake higher than Melo because he gets on ESPNs top 10 every night with a nice Dunk.

Originally Posted by Chao

It's not like the team he left is better without him and the team he joined plays better without him as well

Just give us 1 of those starters back. ANY of them and we beat Boston or at least take them to 7 last year.

grin.gif

We played Boston down to the wire the first 2 games. Billups got hurt the first game. Amare got hurt in the 1st half of the 2nd game.

Give us Chandler or Gallo and we start the series off with a W.... maybe Billups doesn't get hurt. Everything changes...

Melo had 42, 17 rebounds, 6 assist, 2 blocks in Game 2. We win with that kind of performance and another scorer.

Whatever though.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Wade187

He is still capable of being in the Top 10 players discussion.

He's obviously struggling right now, because he's hurt.

This will be a bumped thread in a month or so with a "
laugh.gif
"

Watch.
So when Melo isn't hurt he's gonna be top 10? You can't think of 10 players better than a healthy Melo? Jokes on you bruh

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Rose
Wade
Howard
Paul
Love
Westbrook
Dirk
Deron
Parker
Griffin
Bynum

Melo

Yeah youre right he's around the 12-15 range this year

Melo > Bynum, Griffin, Parker and like DubA said. Deron Williams isn't exactly lifting the Nets out of doom, so why is he still ranked in top 10 ? Dude is avg. 4 turnovers.

Originally Posted by Wade187

So when Melo isn't hurt he's gonna be top 10? You can't think of 10 players better than a healthy Melo? Jokes on you bruh

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Rose
Wade
Howard
Paul
Love
Westbrook
Dirk
Deron
Parker
Griffin
Bynum

Melo

Melo > Bynum, Griffin, Parker and like DubA said. Deron Williams isn't exactly lifting the Nets out of doom, so why is he still ranked in top 10 ? Dude is avg. 4 turnovers.
Think about if you're starting a team....would you HONESTLY take Melo over Bynum, Griffin, or Parker?  Be honest. 

I see some wishy-washy folks in here....quick to discredit Allen Iverson's assist #'s, but will quickly say "Melo is the best passing SF not named Lebron." 

grin.gif

We played Boston down to the wire the first 2 games. Billups got hurt the first game. Amare got hurt in the 1st half of the 2nd game.

Give us Chandler or Gallo and we start the series off with a W.... maybe Billups doesn't get hurt. Everything changes...

Melo had 42, 17 rebounds, 6 assist, 2 blocks in Game 2. We win with that kind of performance and another scorer.

Whatever though.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Rose
Wade
Howard
Paul
Love
Westbrook
Dirk
Deron
Parker
Griffin
Bynum

Melo

Think about if you're starting a team....would you HONESTLY take Melo over Bynum, Griffin, or Parker?  Be honest. 

I see some wishy-washy folks in here....quick to discredit Allen Iverson's assist #'s, but will quickly say "Melo is the best passing SF not named Lebron." 

This is not the discussion. If I'm starting a team I'm taking into account who will sell jerseys, tickets etc. It's not a decision based totally on what a basketball player does on the basketball court.

I'd def. take Melo over Parker or Bynum to start a team tho.

This dude Bynum is taking 3's. Talking about he wants to expand his game.

I don't want no Brian Cook as my franchise player.

grin.gif

Whatever though.
Since when do Knicks fans hang on to moral victories?  Yall got swept.  Doesn't matter if Melo dropped 64 points while eating a ringding during TV timeouts. 

This is not the discussion. If I'm starting a team I'm taking into account who will sell jerseys, tickets etc. It's not a decision based totally on what a basketball player does on the basketball court.

Didn't realize I was talking to James Dolan.  Welcome to NT. 

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Well if you put me in CEO position I'm gonna think like one.

I DID say I'd take Melo over 2 of the guys you mentioned regardless of making money.

If it's about what I can get from a guy on the court. Melo does WAY more then Blake Griffin on the court.

Blake runs the break well, and forces his way to lay-ups. I respect his game and even like Griffin. But Melo is clearly the better basketball player right now.

90 percent of being a Knicks fan in holding on to moral victories.

Not like we were around In the 70's. Except for onewearz.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Rose
Wade
Howard
Paul
Love
Westbrook
Dirk
Deron
Parker
Griffin
Bynum

Melo

I would assume you coming at me and meant to say discredit Hedu's assist numbers. Hedu averages a little less than 1 more assist per game and is the guy who gets the ball from Dwight when the double comes and just swings it around to another 3 pt shooter on the best 3pt shooting team in the league who hits a shot and Hedu is credited with the assist.

Melo drives and kicks to open guys on the perimeter when getting double and triple teamed consistently and doesnt get as many assists credited because the ball swings around one more time. And since this isnt hockey the guy who sets up the actual assist isnt gonna get any credit on the stat sheet. Melo also find cutters really well if you have watched Knicks games this year.

I would easily say the guy who can find open guys out of a double team and finds guys cutting through the lane is a better passer than the guy who stands on the perimeter waiting to get the ball because his man leaves to double another player and then kicks to another shooter when their man rotates to you. But hey, maybe thats just me.

Why would anyone just be cool with saying "Yeah, we got swept and had no chance." ?

laugh.gif

I know the series would have been a little more competitive if you guys didn't have that run of bad luck with injuries. Gutting your team for Melo was just kind of silly though. Was just messing with you a little, fam. 
pimp.gif

My boys in green would have still pulled it out though. 

Back
Top Bottom