Is COMPLEX a decent magazine?

Complex is alright but prepare to see nothing but Pharrel,and Kanye West on every other cover though . They sometimes don't know what they are talking aboutall around its enjoyable . Just pick up issues sporadically because its bi-monthly I believe and the issues aren't that that thick,

I have a subscription...
kanye_shrug.png

But [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]EVERY[/color] issue I've gotten in the mail has been [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]TERRIBLE[/color]... [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]A LOT[/color] thinner than the ones I purchased from a newstand and enjoyed...

It used to be, like back when they would put Mos Def and David Bowie on the same cover.

Now, it's just run by overprivileged Upper East Side cats who are tryna be "down" and it shows.

its cool browse one in the store and decide if its what you want to read if not keep it moving, you can always pick up the source

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Their lists are made by people with below average intelligence.
Have you seen some of the lists made by NTers?

Its a decent magazine, the website needs a SEVERE upgrade. Who puts up galleries that you have to click through like 30 times? If they went digital (Magazine App or a PC oriented E-Mag) they'd probably get more sales solely due to that fact that as mentioned above magazines are slowly becoming obsolete. They're lucky to have any subscriptions at all in this day and age, they just need to capitalize on what's next.

Originally Posted by MenaceI2IS0ciety

it's decent, but not worth it
better off with GQ and Men's Health
came in to say this. im probably one of the few people that still read magazines.. maxim fell off the worst though.

i actually like complex .. but my subscription was free so i cant really complain
laugh.gif

It used to be great but it fell off last year. Magazines are a dead medium nowadays anyway but
Complex was one of the better ones. I respect them for giving the Clipse 2 covers (Kanye and Pharrell
have 2 covers, respectively), but beyond that the issues have been boring lately. The website needs a revamp as
well, its to too cluttered and difficult to navigate.

Originally Posted by dcjumpman84

It used to be, like back when they would put Mos Def and David Bowie on the same cover.

Now, it's just run by overprivileged Upper East Side cats who are tryna be "down" and it shows.

False. They're a solid crew and they're the epitome of what they write about in terms of the sneaker culture, music, fashion, girls, etc. (yes, I know some of them/have met others).

I don't really read the mag much lately (I dont really buy mags in general), but some of their online content is pretty entertaining.

Like previous people have said, their site could use some streamlining.

Back
Top Bottom