Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

So your saying wade can guard Jordan ??? Stop Jordan ??? He can guard magic ( he played the all 4 positions great ) I saw when both these players played in there prime wade can't hold a candle yet

So your saying wade can guard Jordan ??? Stop Jordan ??? He can guard magic ( he played the all 4 positions great ) I saw when both these players played in there prime wade can't hold a candle yet

you must be illiterate. The question is Wade the 3rd best SG of all time? My opinion and answer is yes. Only person that can defend wade that was originally listed in the 2nd or 3rd post is Dumars but he is not better than Wade overall.

http://hoopsmanifesto.com/articles/basketball/top-ten-nba-shooting-guards-of-all-time.html
pretty good list.
pistol was a point, but I still think he is better than Wade.
Ray Allen never had a Shaq to play with in his early days. He was stuck with Glenn Robinson and Vin Baker? shooooooo....

List is pretty legit, but Wade will move up probably to 4 when its all said and done.

No way Pistol is above Wade though. All offense, absolutely no defense. He would get killed today.

Last edited:
List is pretty legit, but Wade will move up probably to 4 when its all said and done.
No way Pistol is above Wade though. All offense, absolutely no defense. He would get killed today.

yeah but that counts for every player that played back in the day.. and it is a complete unfair comparison... just think that in their day, they were the type of players lebron is today... did you know that pistol pete avg. 44.2 ppg at lsu?? aint nobody doing that... ever again!!

Maravich and Lebron couldnt be farther apart when it comes to type of player. Pete was an inefficient scorer and passer in the NBA. He had absolutely no team ball skills. His teams were always mediocre. His teammates played worse with him, better without him. He could score and was fun to watch but the inability to play any defense is universal no matter the decade.

Ok put it like this, nobody you guys have named can guard Wade. Now can wade guard the people yall have named??? Yes. Get outta here with that jerry west mess he was a more than great player but stop kidding yourself Wade would embarrass him on the hardwood.
Stop it. They ALL are great offensive players. Nobody is checking anybody man.

Maravich and Lebron couldnt be farther apart when it comes to type of player. Pete was an inefficient scorer and passer in the NBA. He had absolutely no team ball skills. His teams were always mediocre. His teammates played worse with him, better without him. He could score and was fun to watch but the inability to play any defense is universal no matter the decade.

im not comparing james and maravich for the type of players that they are.. im comparing them in terms of how they dominate when they played.. so in terms of dominating, i will put maravich in his time, over d.wade in the present time

Well, I don't feel I owe them anything so I don't feel I have to put anyone on any list of mine. I only list players that I have personally seen/comprehended.

I do see your point, I swear I do but I don't think it is fair to judge folks without knowing them forreal.
As long as we understand each other. Cant fight difference in opinion

Ok put it like this, nobody you guys have named can guard Wade. Now can wade guard the people yall have named??? Yes. Get outta here with that jerry west mess he was a more than great player but stop kidding yourself Wade would embarrass him on the hardwood.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wade is just better than Iverson, no real comparison. Wade is the second best defensive two guard of all-time (yes he is a better defender than Kobe imo)...
Dude's really blow Ivo's run to the finals so out of proportion. Ivo is great but his peak was relatively short compared to Wade who still looks to have a handful of good years ahead of him. When he has 3 rings the argument is deaded.

If Iverson had been slurped and force fed to the masses like Wade was in 2006 then Iverson could have probably won a ring as well. That is also without having a still productive shaq, mourning, jason william, Walker, payton and prime posey. Iverson had a bunch of scrubs on his teams in comparison.

Wade is in no way a better defender than Kobe. Prime Kobe was was a better on ball defender and stronger as well. Being taller helps too. The only thing Wade has on prime Kobe is quickness, blind side blocks, and better gambler for steals. 1 on 1 it is not even close.

Iverson had a bunch of scrubs on his teams in comparison. .
You know basketball is more than just scoring. His teammates were not scrubs. They just weren't as skilled as he when it came to putting the ball in the basket. But again, basketball is more than just scoring. Your TEAM had to have been great in every other area if you have one man carrying the load offensively like that with not much help and you still made the finals.

So please people, stop with the Iverson played with bums nonsense.

You know basketball is more than just scoring. His teammates were not scrubs. They just weren't as skilled as he when it came to putting the ball in the basket. But again, basketball is more than just scoring. Your TEAM had to have been great in every other area if you have one man carrying the load offensively like that with not much help and you still made the finals.
So please people, stop with the Iverson played with bums nonsense.

if iverson played with bums or not, doesnt matter.. i still rank iverson above wade.. iverson won mvp, wade didnt.. it's a lot easier to be finals mvp than regular season mvp.. for one, you play 7 games max.. and second if you play a team you dominate, doing it for a max of 7 games is easy...

and i put iverson above wade, because iverson could score 40 any given night.. and has done that more than wade.. and he is only 5'11.. plus the fact that iverson played through his injuries compared to wade.. dude didnt even play cause he had a cold.. really? that is why i put allen iverson above wade..

but at this point basketball is all about scoring, because you're judging players against each other.. so stats become one of the most important things.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are overrating Wade's one on one defense. He's a great shot blocker for a guard, but he has never been the type to shut down an opposing team's best perimeter scorer.

Some of you guys are overrating Wade's one on one defense. He's a great shot blocker for a guard, but he has never been the type to shut down an opposing team's best perimeter scorer.

It isn't there fault. The media overrates defense because of statistics. Getting to a loose ball gives you a steal, you don't have to play actual defense to get to a loose ball.

Can't comment because it will be miscast as bias but people tend to forget

how Wade Vs Lebron games used to go when they weren't teammates and Wade is

actually between 6'2 and 6'3. And posters are diluting Wade's accomplishments because of

Shaq and Bron when in reality

Wade's best year was 08-09 and that season can be put up against most MVP years from anyone else.

He's one of the best blockers at the 2 but wen he goes against the best defenders like tony Allen and Avery Bradley he gets shut down.

There's not a single GM/basketball executive alive who would take prime/peak Iverson, over prime/peak Wade starting their team from scratch. :lol:

whoa. Allen Iverson, 1 of the most prolific scorers of all time isnt better than Dwade :lol: The thing is, its pretty hard to compare the 2. Iverson earned his own position, sorta like Magic and Lebron. They dont fit into a set category. Also lemme ask, has there been a point where any of you guys wouldve said, " Dwade is the best player in the league"? nah. Ill even say, Tracy Mcgrady in his prime was better than Dwade in his prime

Plus hes a flopper.

Last edited:
whoa. Allen Iverson, 1 of the most prolific scorers of all time isnt better than Dwade :lol: The thing is, its pretty hard to compare the 2. Iverson earned his own position, sorta like Magic and Lebron. They dont fit into a set category. Also lemme ask, has there been a point where any of you guys wouldve said, " Dwade is the best player in the league"? nah. Ill even say, Tracy Mcgrady in his prime was better than Dwade in his prime

Plus hes a flopper.
in '08-'09 i thought he was the best player in the league for a considerable stretch of the season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01/gamelog/2009/

:x at some of those statlines

Iverson would have averaged way more points if he threw himself into contact as much as Wade does.

iverson took more contact than any non-post player.. and the reason why gm's pick wade over iverson, is because iverson is undersized as a 2, and he bring too much bagage.. practice, practice, practice

Back
Top Bottom