Is getting a tattoo on your neck stupid?

If you're hesitant about getting the neck tat, you should probably wait until you get your job and are comfortable with making that move...

Keep in mind that tattoos are becoming more socially acceptable in the workforce...

As long as you dont work anywhere that stresses the prohibition of tattoos, and are more focused on your image, then you SHOULD be ok...

I feel that most corporations focus more on your work output > your image...

I do know that most technical jobs involve a lot of people whoe are free to expose his/her tattoos in the workplace, but most of those jobs are "behind the scenes" so to speak...

My old mentor was tatted back when I was in school. Both arms and he had a Cuban flag on his neck...

He works for NASA now, BTW...

If you're hesitant about getting the neck tat, you should probably wait until you get your job and are comfortable with making that move...

Keep in mind that tattoos are becoming more socially acceptable in the workforce...

As long as you dont work anywhere that stresses the prohibition of tattoos, and are more focused on your image, then you SHOULD be ok...

I feel that most corporations focus more on your work output > your image...

I do know that most technical jobs involve a lot of people whoe are free to expose his/her tattoos in the workplace, but most of those jobs are "behind the scenes" so to speak...

My old mentor was tatted back when I was in school. Both arms and he had a Cuban flag on his neck...

He works for NASA now, BTW...

There are plenty of other places to get a tattoo like that. Not saying you shouldnt do it but it probably isnt the wisest decision.

There are plenty of other places to get a tattoo like that. Not saying you shouldnt do it but it probably isnt the wisest decision.

i was hired with my tattoos and gauged ears. 3 years later im on wall st still wearing short sleeved polos and 1" plugs.

i consider myself lucky i can get away with it. you might not be. but do you man. lifes too short to worry.

i was hired with my tattoos and gauged ears. 3 years later im on wall st still wearing short sleeved polos and 1" plugs.

i consider myself lucky i can get away with it. you might not be. but do you man. lifes too short to worry.

just do it and see what happens. You want us to decide if eating breakfast in the morning is stupid too?

just do it and see what happens. You want us to decide if eating breakfast in the morning is stupid too?

Originally Posted by shogun

Why don't you just wait?  I don't get why you're in such a rush to get it.  Your neck will still be there after you get a career.  I like neck tattoos also and I
thought about getting one.  I've seen on tattoo shows that artists will advise people not to get tattoos on your face, hands or neck.  On Miami Ink one of the

guys says the tattoo he regrets the most is his neck tattoo because he gets such a negative reaction from it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Why don't you just wait?  I don't get why you're in such a rush to get it.  Your neck will still be there after you get a career.  I like neck tattoos also and I
thought about getting one.  I've seen on tattoo shows that artists will advise people not to get tattoos on your face, hands or neck.  On Miami Ink one of the

guys says the tattoo he regrets the most is his neck tattoo because he gets such a negative reaction from it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom