Is it bad for the laptop to be charged all day everyday?

Just got a laptop and i was wondering if you leave the laptop on charged ALL THE TIME, will it be bad for the battery?

i was always wondering this too. i have mine plugged in all day as long as i have it at home.

When I had my first laptop during freshman yr in college, I would leave it charged all day everyday.. by the end of my soph. Year, the battery on my laptop wasnon existent.. it would be 0% all the time. So I wouldn't advise you to charge it all the time.

Originally Posted by chino905

When I had my first laptop during freshman yr in college, I would leave it charged all day everyday.. by the end of my soph. Year, the battery on my laptop was non existent.. it would be 0% all the time. So I wouldn't advise you to charge it all the time.
hVe you tried completetloy discharging the batterty and then refcharging it/

Originally Posted by chino905

When I had my first laptop during freshman yr in college, I would leave it charged all day everyday.. by the end of my soph. Year, the battery on my laptop was non existent.. it would be 0% all the time. So I wouldn't advise you to charge it all the time.

this is what im scared of, i try to charge it all the way, when it gets to 100%, i take it out and wait 'til it gets to 10% and then i plug it back in. Isthis also good/bad for the comp?

i had to replace my laptop battery last year after two years for the same reason... its actually best for most laptop batteries to be run all the way downfrequently.

i think it is okay to leave it charged all day

from what i learned, when you laptop is fully charged, the battery is no longer in use, the laptop uses power from the outlet only, not the battery

IMO if you use your battery all the time and charge it fully, then use your laptop, that will kill the battery

btw, once a month, let your battery drain to 0%, then fully charge it, it doesnt help your battery life, but it makes your battery meter more accurate

not a good idea to keep charged all day. i messed up my old laptop's stock battery and replacement battery due to overcharging. just got a new netbook andi use it until critical battery or until it dies then i recharge. this helps to train the battery.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

i think it is okay to leave it charged all day

from what i learned, when you laptop is fully charged, the battery is no longer in use, the laptop uses power from the outlet only, not the battery

IMO if you use your battery all the time and charge it fully, then use your laptop, that will kill the battery

btw, once a month, let your battery drain to 0%, then fully charge it, it doesnt help your battery life, but it makes your battery meter more accurate

Thats what ive been doing... =(
i had to replace my laptop battery last year after two years for the same reason... its actually best for most laptop batteries to be run all the way down frequently

now im getting more than one answer =(

its not good for the laptop.

best way to keep your laptop battery long lasting is just to charge it, once you get full battery unplug it and plug it back in once it starts getting low

its annoying at times i mean you dont have to do it all the time but if you want your battery to last and last long i suggest you follow

Yea with my new laptop, I always detatch the battery when I'm stationary or using it in my house. And if I do need to move around the house, ill justattach the battery back.

i take my battery out and just have the ac power plugged in. My laptop would last for 2 hours just browsing no songs or anything i think thats kind of weak. Mylaptop is a toshiba satellite btw. how long are 100% battery suppose to last?

Originally Posted by ThiPham

i take my battery out and just have the ac power plugged in. My laptop would last for 2 hours just browsing no songs or anything i think thats kind of weak. My laptop is a toshiba satellite btw. how long are 100% battery suppose to last?

Yeah man i just got one too. It usually goes for around 2 hours with music and web browsing

Originally Posted by ThiPham

i take my battery out and just have the ac power plugged in. My laptop would last for 2 hours just browsing no songs or anything i think thats kind of weak. My laptop is a toshiba satellite btw. how long are 100% battery suppose to last?

i have one of those two, (webcam?)

my battery only last about an hour or so.. so i just keep it plugged in, f it

I had my laptop plugged in 90-95% of the time for almost 3 years, and the battery still can last about an hour. I can't say the same for the screen though.

http://www.officedepot.co...tellite-L505-S5966-15-6/

This is the one i just bought last week. but i payed 430
pimp.gif

I usually leave my computer plugged in all day and I haven't had any problems with it such as bad batteries or anything. It seems fine to me.

Back
Top Bottom