Is it harder to make the NFL than the NBA ?

parada45 wrote:

NFL has more spots but still harder to get in.

Im definitely not the smartest guy in the world
laugh.gif
, this makes absolutely 0 sense.

Keep in mind that there are no international players taking up spots in the NFL.

NBA=15 man roster w/2 round drafts
NFL=52 man roster w/7 round drafts

Not to mention you can go undrafted and still be a star in the NFL while in the NBA thats pretty much unheard of.

Im sorry but im trying to see reasoning for anyone saying its harder to make the NFL and I just cant see any.

with matt...yall makin things too complicated

15 a team

52 a team

?

isn't hard to figure out.

put away the skill arguments and just deal with numbers.

which league is it harder to stick around can be a different story.

In the world is
5634278562347856928 = playing BBall
20000 = playing Football

So Basketball by faaaar!!

nawlinsjunkie wrote:
plus in football you dont necessarily need to be as much of an all around player, u can just do a specific role
so true... you can be unathletic in the NFL if you can punt pass or kick

u can just do a specific role

word since player types like Dale Ellis, craig Hodges, BJ Armstrong, JJ Redick etc., arent "specific Role" players who didnt have much other talentor skill other than SHooting.

There's a substantially higher amount of people playing basketball than football around the world, and they're fighting for 450 NBA roster spotscompared to well over 1500 in the NFL...

Physical freaks and "potential" guys get roster spots in both leagues, so that argument is out the window... "Specific role" guys getroster spots in both leagues, so that argument is out the window... The skill level in both leagues is ridiculously high, so I don't see how you can makethat argument as to how one league is tougher than the other...

I don't see how the "18 year olds step in and make an impact in the NBA, they can't do it in the NFL" makes any sense... That's becauseof the rules the NFL has set in place... It's a more physically demanding game, and kids are grown men by the time they reach the NFL because of the 3-yearcollege rule. Obviously a high school kid isn't physically ready for that... But that doesn't make the league tougher to reach...

I'm in complete agreement with allenx3is here... The numbers speak for themselves...

And frankly, I'd argue that the MLB is every bit as difficult, if not more difficult to reach than either one of them...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea rite.
laugh.gif

Put it this way, 18 year old hs graduates make it to the NBA and some put up sick numbers.

I say NBA is easier to make than the NFL
These hs graduates that put up big numbers in the NBA are also basketball prodigies.

The NBA is MUCH harder to make it in.

It's the NBA by far. The NBA has about 450 roster spots that are filled from around the world. the NFL has 1696 spots filled from primarily from NorthAmerica. not included practice squads that have 8 guys a team.

Also the NBA I think only 20 get invited to training camp while the NFL its is 80. At least in the NFL guys can get a chance to make the team off special teamsin the NBA there isnt that.

nba. i mean come on nate kaeding is on an nfl roster. bill gramatica was on an nfl roster. how absolutely pathetic athletically can you be to tear an acljumping up 1 feet in the air in celebration?

It's the NBA for one you have to be physically gifted as far as height goes, two there are 5 players on the court at one time and three everyone has ajumpshot or everyone can dribble so the competition is tougher than the NFL...

and this is coming from someone who played footaball and never really got into basketball

Originally Posted by allen3xis

15 a team

52 a team

?

Yeah. It's simple math. How many players are officially in the NBA vs NFL? the NFL has far more.

Anecdotally, I have known several people who worked hard, struggled for a while, then made the NFL on special teams. I don't know anyone who ever made theNBA, personally.

Anecdotally, I have known several people who worked hard, struggled for a while, then made the NFL on special teams. I don't know anyone who ever made the NBA, personally.
Same, I know a kid who got drafted by Carolina last year.

If you made the NBA if only by a 10-day contract, be fortunate you'd juss out pass millions of hopefuls, And1 Players, streetball players, foreign ballers.So Sasha shouldn't whine everytime he thinks he didn't foul or get fouled

its funny how a lot of people refer to Kickers and punters as an argument to validate their opinion

Originally Posted by allen3xis

15 a team

52 a team

?

Yep.

I can't believe this is even a debate. NBA by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
Even if you throw out the numbers argument, as others have pointed out, the height requirements alone make the NBA difficult to get to.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

u can just do a specific role

word since player types like Dale Ellis, craig Hodges, BJ Armstrong, JJ Redick etc., arent "specific Role" players who didnt have much other talent or skill other than SHooting.
Yeah, but for every Hodges that makes the L, there's like 5 or 10 (a lot more actually) NASTY shooters in college who never make the pros.

I mean, how many VERY good shooters do you have in the NBA right now? Not even one for every team.

Originally Posted by j d0t win

its funny how a lot of people refer to Kickers and punters as an argument to validate their opinion

NFL changed its rules? Kickers and punters don't exist as positions in the NFL anymore?

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

how absolutely pathetic athletically can you be to tear an acl jumping up 1 feet in the air in celebration?

How about sitting out two weeks with a sprained finger?

And I could have sworn someone injured his SHOULDER and got taken off the court in a wheelchair...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

There's a substantially higher amount of people playing basketball than football around the world, and they're fighting for 450 NBA roster spots compared to well over 1500 in the NFL...

Physical freaks and "potential" guys get roster spots in both leagues, so that argument is out the window... "Specific role" guys get roster spots in both leagues, so that argument is out the window... The skill level in both leagues is ridiculously high, so I don't see how you can make that argument as to how one league is tougher than the other...

I don't see how the "18 year olds step in and make an impact in the NBA, they can't do it in the NFL" makes any sense... That's because of the rules the NFL has set in place... It's a more physically demanding game, and kids are grown men by the time they reach the NFL because of the 3-year college rule. Obviously a high school kid isn't physically ready for that... But that doesn't make the league tougher to reach...

I'm in complete agreement with allenx3is here... The numbers speak for themselves...

And frankly, I'd argue that the MLB is every bit as difficult, if not more difficult to reach than either one of them...

I don't see how you can come with the "global sport" argument as to why the NBA is harder to make than the NFL and then contradict yourself bysaying that MLB is possibly harder than both. Overall, baseball is not that much popular than football world wide. It's just that baseball is practically anational sport in a handful of countries outside of U.S., but take out those countries and baseball has zero popularity. I can assure you that there are manymore football players from Europe and Africa whose goal is to make it to the NFL than there are baseball players hoping to make MLB. The NFL games in Londonsold out, try that with an MLB game and witness failure. Plus football is already more popular in the U.S. than baseball. MLB may be slightly more difficult tomake than NFL, but it's not on NBA's level.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

You know this convo is over when there are numerous NBA players who could play in the NFL.
Iverson, Lebron, Shaq, Dwight Howard, Stoudamire.
Those are 5 people who i could name off the top of my head that would be efficent. There are more who would be medicore.

who told u that lie?
Well 2 of them had scholarship offers to anywhere in the country. So if your going to a place like the U, USC, Ohio St. theres a very good chanceyou will be drafted out of the 7 rounds.
Shaq would beast at DT. Amare and Howard would beast at DE.

The bigger argument should be why do NBA players make so much more. NFL players play to get hit and dont make as near as much. Theres a reason their averagelife span is like 62.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

The bigger argument should be why do NBA players make so much more. NFL players play to get hit and dont make as near as much. Theres a reason their average life span is like 62.

do you really have to wonder this? Look at revenue for each league, divide it by the number of players in each league. there's your answer.

Ok this is where talent comes into play. Football has to be near the bottom as far as that goes. With other sports like baseball, soccer, basketball and golf,talent is huge. IMO baseball is at the top when it comes to talent. For a sport like baseball either you have it or you don't. MLB players are very veryvery gifted, golf is on the same level. Soccer and basketball are a level down and Football is even further down. After a certain point hard work doesn'teven matter with baseball or golf. If you have reached your plateau and its barely good enough for the minors, you are not making it to the major league.

Back
Top Bottom