Is it ok for Giants fans to root for the Jets?

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

JDilla told me it was fine...I imagine it's like me rooting for Baltimore though...just can't happen.

I don't root for the giants, or mets, but when they're in the playoffs ill show support since they're all playing for the same state as the jets,and the yankees.

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

I don't root for the giants, or mets, but when they're in the playoffs ill show support since they're all playing for the same state as the jets, and the yankees.
You're an odd man. You like the Yanks and the Jets? I always thought Mets fans were Jets fans... And Yankee fans were Giants fans...

What you fail to understand is that unless they're playing each other, there isn't the same rivalry in football among these NY teams as there isbetween the Yankees and the Mets for instance.

I'm a Jets fan, but I can see myself rooting for the Giants just so my friends who are Giants fans can be happy. And, it's just good for NY. Of course,if we were to play each other, I'd be for the Jets. It's not like I'm going to enjoy it, but it's straight to root for them.

99% of my family are Giants or Jets fans and the only time I have ever seen them root for the other NY team was around the 9/11 tragedy

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

I don't root for the giants, or mets, but when they're in the playoffs ill show support since they're all playing for the same state as the jets, and the yankees.
You're an odd man. You like the Yanks and the Jets? I always thought Mets fans were Jets fans... And Yankee fans were Giants fans...
laugh.gif
I grew up watching football with my uncle, so he taught me every thing Iknow, and he's a die hard jets fan, so grew up on liking the jets.

My dad always hated the Jets, he was a huge Johnny Unitas fan so ever since Super Bowl III he used to tell me he hated them.

I don't root for them at all, I don't really care if another NY team wins, because it's not MY New York team. It's not like the Giants and Jetsshare victory's or Super Bowls just because they're New York teams, so that doesn't really matter to me.

I don't see why but it's w/e to me. Don't pay it any mind really. But you don't see Yankees/Mets or Rangers/Islanders rooting for each other.Just saying.

Spike lee apparently thinks it's alright

This is from the superbowl
b2fc6d6b5d62cb3d35ff40c6aad50738-getty-77331464ps088_super_bowl_xl.jpg

this is from yesterday at the saints/cards game. (I don't know hwy he was there)
BR8hf00l1v_A1.jpg

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

What you fail to understand is that unless they're playing each other, there isn't the same rivalry in football among these NY teams as there is between the Yankees and the Mets for instance.
Basically.

And I don't necessarily root for the Jets, but hope to see em do well.

Back
Top Bottom