Is it ok for Giants fans to root for the Jets?

Originally Posted by DubA169

last time i checked you're a philly fan. your opinion is irrelevant in this thread.

My opinion goes wherever the hell I want it to, but I'm glad you take offense to it actually...
grin.gif

I dont think its okay for a Giants fan to cheer for the Jets but I think its fine for a new yorker to cheer on every New York team they please.

Root for who ever you want. However, being a Jets fan I would never root for the Giants.

The Giants/Pats Superbowl was a nightmare for Jets fans, but that was the only time I've ever silently rooting for the Giants. $*%% the Pats!

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

last time i checked you're a philly fan. your opinion is irrelevant in this thread.

My opinion goes wherever the hell I want it to, but I'm glad you take offense to it actually...
grin.gif

I don't think anyone is offended. You obviously don't know or understand how football works in NYC. Again, this situation is unique to football anddoes not transfer over to other sports for several reasons. You being from Philly DOES make your opinion irrelevant.

grin.gif

I don't think anyone is offended. You obviously don't know or understand how football works in NYC. Again this situation is unique to football and doesnot transfer over to other sports for several reasons. You being from Philly DOES make your opinion irrelevant.

Originally Posted by youngin33

I am a Giants and Mets fan who is currently pulling for the Jets, even though I'm not gonna go out and buy Jets merchandise for any reason. During this past year's World Series, I was rooting for the Yankees because I hate the city of Philadelphia and anything associated with it more than I hate the Yankees.

bingo jets fans hate giants fans more than giants fans hating jets fan

sure why not. I don't see why you would hate other than loyalty..its not like they play each other.

The only time im rooting for the Jets is if there playing a team I hate I guess that would be a no right ?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Dudes always trying to divide New Yorkers.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Jets/Giants have no rivalry.

And if the Jets happen to win it all and any Giants fan gets upset, that would be PURE HATE.

And I'd have to give one of these to that fan:
indifferent.gif

Rivalries aside..what does it matter? Ya'll NY dudes jump on the bandwagon just because it's another NY team...I guess it's a good thing the Knicks have no NY competition or their fan base would really be in trouble.
laugh.gif

Last time I checked, Yankees and Mets fans can't stand each other generally...yet, neither team plays in the same conference. I couldn't imagine a Yankees fan trading in his loyalty for a few games to watch the Mets succeed and vice versa..but I guess it's okay to jump on the bandwagon NY NFL teams, just as long as the other is doing well..
laugh.gif
Makes absolutely no sense...total contradictions.

uh world series 2000
atleast 2 subway series every year
mike piazza and roger clemens beef
the list goes on and you have the media adding fuel to the fire

football is different, there is no beef between jets and giants when was the last time they play against each other? plus no media instigating any beef. theonly time i can remember any slight beef is in a commercial where the jets hijack giants stadium and named it jets stadium.

I always supported the jets. I have friends who are jets fan and we share the same hatred towards the patriots and cowboys

edit: ^ please man, why even respond to the dude? Hes clearly not a new yorker and hates NY or lives in west bumble---k? I dunno. But football is NOT baseball.Baseball has actual SERIES against teams. building up rivalries right there. if theres a fight one game, it'll trickle the next day cuz ur seeing that teamthat same week. Think about football....wat big rivalries are tehre really?? Outside of division rivalries, you can count the real ones on one hand. Its a16game schedule. theres more than 16 teams in the NFL. honestly, i dont see the giants/jets having a rivalry anywhere near yankees/mets.

I'm in Philly, i hate the eagles, and root for the Giants when they play them...but i like the Jets. I also hate the Pats, so naturally i celebrated like amad man when Giants beat em.
Soooo any jets fan that didnt or says they didnt, should kill themselves. Plus if Jets are in teh Superbowl, playing a Giants NFC rival, you bet your @!%you're rooting for the Jets.

So lets be grownups here. Go Jets.

Originally Posted by CheGTR

edit: ^ please man, why even respond to the dude? Hes clearly not a new yorker and hates NY or lives in west bumble---k? I dunno. But football is NOT baseball. Baseball has actual SERIES against teams. building up rivalries right there. if theres a fight one game, it'll trickle the next day cuz ur seeing that team that same week. Think about football....wat big rivalries are tehre really?? Outside of division rivalries, you can count the real ones on one hand. Its a 16game schedule. theres more than 16 teams in the NFL. honestly, i dont see the giants/jets having a rivalry anywhere near yankees/mets.

I'm in Philly, i hate the eagles, and root for the Giants when they play them...but i like the Jets. I also hate the Pats, so naturally i celebrated like a mad man when Giants beat em.
Soooo any jets fan that didnt or says they didnt, should kill themselves. Plus if Jets are in teh Superbowl, playing a Giants NFC rival, you bet your @!% you're rooting for the Jets.

So lets be grownups here. Go Jets.

Dude shut up! I have never once said I hate NY, so stop misconstruing the point I made with your own opinion. My opinion is what it is, and I couldn't careless if some of you extra sensitive NYC dudes don't like what I have to say just because I root for the Eagles. I actually have great respect for alot ofNY based sports teams, but that doesn't put ya'll bandwagon fence jumping NY'ers in the clear just because it's the cool thing to root for a NYbased team when they start winning....

I supported and watched the Jets during the playoffs, but you will not catch me in any Jets gear.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

^ You don't get it, do you?

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with bandwagoning.

I don't get the stupidity of rooting for another team you normally don't cheer for when they start winning just because they're from the samecity...but you dudes drink your own Kool-Aid so...

I'm a DIE hard Yankees fan but if the Yankees don't make it I would like the Mets to win it. At the end of the day they represent the same area andthey rarely play each other so it's not enough to call them rivals. Jets?Giants I don't care, do it for NY

Jets are in the local papers, they don't play in the same division, rarely ever play each other, and share the same stadium.

I always watch Jets games after the Giants game is done. I won't sit here and say I bleed green because its always G-men for life, but I ALWAYS showsupport the Jets and want em to succeed.

I been a Skins fan my whole life and I live in Maryland

I could never root for the Ravens it just doesn't feel right

In response to the OP, I would say no for the following reason.

1. Colts fans generally like the Giants due to the Manning connection.
2. They are your cross-town rivals.

Originally Posted by AgentPD21

smh.gif
It would be like rooting for the Cubs. So no it's not ok.
So, you're comparing the Cubs/White Sox thing to the Jets/Giants? CLEARLY that baseball rivalry is more appropriate with the Yankees/Mets fansabsolutely dislike each other. Jets and Giants do NOT have same that kind of animosity, you people are not understanding that.

2. They are your cross-town rivals.
Wait, what? Cross-town rivals? Jets/Giants play in the same building sir
laugh.gif

Sheesh some people just don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom