Is Jordan Brand starting over? Jordan XXXI ~ AJ I, AJ XXXII ~ AJ II

darthska

Staff member
Jordan 31 strongly resembles Jordan 1.
Jordan 32 strongly resembles Jordan 2.

Will the Jordan 33 be similar to the iconic Jordan 3?

:nerd::nerd::nerd:

Those links are exactly what I'm talking about, babyjs23 babyjs23 . :smile: While those are threads for those specific models, this is a thread about Jordan Brand, and the possibility of the XXXIII having similarities to the III, and the XXXIV having similarities to the IV, and so on and so forth.

Yessir. :smile:

Posted those links to show others that there is a correlation on how JB is making these new releases similar to the original Jordan lines 1-2 and probably will continue to do so.

IMO, JB/Nike are almost at a stand still with new ideas and need to fallback on retros, OG's, in order to come up with a concept that catches the appeal of us consumers because of the resemblance of what we originally had but, with new tech and materials with slight design variances.

^ It's either that people don't read, or there are people who... wait for it... there are people who... aren't aware of... EVERYTHING.

Weird, right? I get frustrated that people don't know every little thing I know, too.

Oh, wait... no I don't. I just share the information I have and move on.

If that is the direction they are going, Ok cool. New updated versions of originals can work, but I don't think it will be as successful as it was back then. The Brand kind of ruined that with all the fusion/spizike/Af1 collabs. Its hard not to look at these as a fusion/team j type shoe. This coming from someone that likes the 31 and the 32. But its still not the same for me. But with the next generation of people buying it may be successful. All I could ask is to release the retros correctly. The 30 is the last new model I have. I know its not popular around here but the red black version is such an awesome shoe to me. Jordan Brand is trying to market for the next wave of kids while at the same time satisfying the present day consumer. I get what they are doing.
I consider myself a person that was a part of the MJ era, but who knows the 33 may blow me away like 32 has done for several in here. I still find myself constantly on the 32 thread because I'm intrigued/interested. That's what they want. If you are a true Jordan fan no matter what they look like, you are always eying the new Air Jordan model. You don't have to like every sig that comes along. They know they wont satisfy everyone. The way I see it, if I see a teenage kid rocking the 32s with some Jordan clothing or jersey I'm stoked because the brand is still thriving. Which means more possible great retros and pes to come back. To me Air Jordans are not a trend.

Yessir. :smile:

Posted those links to show others that there is a correlation on how JB is making these new releases similar to the original Jordan lines 1-2 and probably will continue to do so.

IMO, JB/Nike are almost at a stand still with new ideas and need to fallback on retros, OG's, in order to come up with a concept that catches the appeal of us consumers because of the resemblance of what we originally had but, with new tech and materials with slight design variances.

Probably the smartest post I've ever read from you... Well said.

People underestimate how hard it is for Jordan Brand to innovate when their business is primarily run by selling nostalgia products (retros).

If that is the direction they are going, Ok cool. New updated versions of originals can work, but I don't think it will be as successful as it was back then. The Brand kind of ruined that with all the fusion/spizike/Af1 collabs. Its hard not to look at these as a fusion/team j type shoe. This coming from someone that likes the 31 and the 32. But its still not the same for me. But with the next generation of people buying it may be successful. All I could ask is to release the retros correctly. The 30 is the last new model I have. I know its not popular around here but the red black version is such an awesome shoe to me. Jordan Brand is trying to market for the next wave of kids while at the same time satisfying the present day consumer. I get what they are doing.
I consider myself a person that was a part of the MJ era, but who knows the 33 may blow me away like 32 has done for several in here. I still find myself constantly on the 32 thread because I'm intrigued/interested. That's what they want. If you are a true Jordan fan no matter what they look like, you are always eying the new Air Jordan model. You don't have to like every sig that comes along. They know they wont satisfy everyone. The way I see it, if I see a teenage kid rocking the 32s with some Jordan clothing or jersey I'm stoked because the brand is still thriving. Which means more possible great retros and pes to come back. To me Air Jordans are not a trend.

The thing is, when you release an iconic shoe, an updated version of that exact same model will never have the same relevance as the OG. Not only that but the primary reason AJ I-XIV are so iconic is partially attributed to the success MJ achieved in them. As we get further and further away from MJ's Bulls years, the crowd that grew up watching him becomes less and less relevant and, thus, the shoes have to stand on their own regard (which I think will happen with some of the models). A good comparison is the Converse Chuck Taylors-I guarantee nobody who wears them actually saw CT play basketball but the design was so revolutionary that they stand on their own regard as a well-designed pair of shoes. I believe the same will happen with some retro models as well.

The Chuck Taylor is a timeless shoe for sure. My daughter wears them and has 4 different colorways of them. I ask her why she likes them and the answer is "everyone is wearing them". She is about to be 13 so I get it. And your right, she has no clue who CT is/was to basketball sneakers. To me that's a trend. As far as Jordans go, If you asked me at 12 years old in 92, why do you want them? Id say because MJ has em and hes my favorite player and I love the shoes. Today some 12 year old will say, because my dad or uncle have em. Or they will say because its Jordan and its the hottest shoes out. To some people the brand is a trend unfortunately. To others they have a genuine love for the Air Jordan models.
I can say the Jordan 1 is timeless. Its probably more popular now then it was in 85. There is not many in here that rocked the J 1 in 85. Myself included. I think the brand can almost do what ever they want because of the foundation of greatness that MJ had on the basketball court. The kid that hears the stories and watches utube is the kid that keeps it going. So while your comparison is legit, there is not an athlete ever to continue his legacy through an item like MJ to his shoes.

Back
Top Bottom