Is Our Government Serious Right Now?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

*waits for "If you don't like this country and the government, buy a one way ticket to somewhere else" *  
laugh.gif

Bunch of @%!!$$$@ running our country, doing whatever they feel like doing

Expedia.com  Travelocity.com Orbitz.com  Kayak.com

Take a pick, they are all pretty decent and they all have a one way airfare option.
I would but the USD is pretty weak right now. 
Tell your government to pursue some USD strengthening policies first.
Ok so we are having some money problems...we'll be fine though. You guys are getting all creeped out by political POSTURING. Tell you what...name all the countries that have a stronger currency value than we do...now take those countries and see which ones can actually !%*# with us.

Take a pick, they are all pretty decent and they all have a one way airfare option.
Ok so we are having some money problems...we'll be fine though. You guys are getting all creeped out by political POSTURING. Tell you what...name all the countries that have a stronger currency value than we do...now take those countries and see which ones can actually !%*# with us.

This country still sucks.

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sucks for you then.

EWD response
laugh.gif

Overglorified and overpaid military personnel, I'm not talking bout the grunts either.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket. It's sad, love this country. However they continue to bend over the middle class and the poor. The elite have way too much clout and usually go unscathed.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

EWD response
laugh.gif

Overglorified and overpaid military personnel, I'm not talking bout the grunts either.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket. It's sad, love this country. However they continue to bend over the middle class and the poor. The elite have way too much clout and usually go unscathed.
I'm not military though, don't get me wrong I wouldn't be ashamed if I was, but I'm not. So what are you talking about?

Also in regards to the underlined and bolded text America has ALWAYS been this way. If anything the middle class has much more than yesteryear.

So without much further ado let's make a list of NT's Chicken Littles.

1. Iron Man

Hahaha. Not even close. Your line of work is with the military though. Get that military contract, get paid.

Not too many people could $!@@ with the Soviets either. As a matter of fact no one could because there would be no winners ( due to MAD). 
What happened to them? What happened to any state that overextended itself? 

The problem this thread originally highlighted is just one of many. Thinking "it's all going to be alright" is naive. If one doesn't make it alright, it won't be alright. 

Hahaha. Not even close. Your line of work is with the military though. Get that military contract, get paid.
Again wrong. I'm not a contractor and my money doesn't come from the military. Is it possible that you just don't know what you are talking about?

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sucks for you then.

Idiots with close ties to the government are always the ones that lead prospering societies into hell.

You're calling people Chicken Littles because they object to an Unconstiutional Government proposal? Really?

Could be, in regards to you. Just assumed with your military connections you had some sort of military background.

I wouldn't say the majority of folks have "chicken little" syndrome, just that the jug of kool aid is on empty and faith in our government is low especially with those that keep up with what you call "posturing".

Having "chicken little" syndrome is just as bad as being overly optimistic. Guess you stocked up on kool aid when you saw the jug near empty.

Originally Posted by airmaxplus

revolution anyone?

I'm down for a revolution

Let's be patient guys and let the government do it's job.
happy.gif

Last Edited By: [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Homeland Security[/color] 07/24/11 2:04 PM.Edited 1 time.

Could be, in regards to you. Just assumed with your military connections you had some sort of military background.

I wouldn't say the majority of folks have "chicken little" syndrome, just that the jug of kool aid is on empty and faith in our government is low especially with those that keep up with what you call "posturing".

Having "chicken little" syndrome is just as bad as being overly optimistic. Guess you stocked up on kool aid when you saw the jug near empty.
In all seriousness I do realize that we as a nation are experiencing difficulties. Most of us are feeling the effects of it, yes even myself as a federal gov't employee. So I definitely have my share of gripes. However I don't let all the political posturing and fear mongering exhibited by our "leaders" get to me. This is [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]all[/color] mostly about partisan political agendas and they are playing a huge game of pollo. The sad part is they are playing the game and not thinking about us the constituents.

So overly optimistic I am not, but I do understand that problems with our nation are cyclic in nature. Almost every generation experiences some sort of funk, yet somehow the nation seems to pull through.

Warning. Post Digression.

Economics are very important, BUT our defense and power projection is paramount. I say that because soon as we start exhibiting major chinks in our armor from a defense standpoint the opposition no matter who they may be will start really attacking us, however that may be. Our military expenditure and capability is almost two fold more than the next country...and that's because we want to be so far ahead that it's not even an option to attack us (in a symmetrical manner anyway). The way it was explained to me by one of the senior most officials is that we don't like to play it close, we like the comfort of knowing we are leagues ahead of our competitors/potential adversaries. Example the F-22 Raptor. Our F-15 is still the overall best air superiority fighter, but the Russians started getting closer if not on par with their Mig 29 Fulcrum and Su 27 Flanker. So we had to separate ourselves by developing the Raptor, which is hands down the most capable fighter aircraft ever conceived. Though I have to admit things are getting pretty interesting now that the Russians are developing the PAK-FA and the Chinese the J-20.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

revolution anyone?

happy.gif

Last Edited By: [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Homeland Security[/color] 07/24/11 2:04 PM.Edited 1 time.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

revolution anyone?

happy.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 whyhellothere, who's that in your avy? 
embarassed.gif

revolution anyone?
i concur.  this or im buying a one way ticket out, or ny state should secede (along with california and texas and alaska, stretch the military from trying to take back ny)

Economics are very important, BUT our defense and power projection is paramount. I say that because soon as we start exhibiting major chinks in our armor from a defense standpoint the opposition no matter who they may be will start really attacking us, however that may be. Our military expenditure and capability is almost two fold more than the next country...and that's because we want to be so far ahead that it's not even an option to attack us (in a symmetrical manner anyway). The way it was explained to me by one of the senior most officials is that we don't like to play it close, we like the comfort of knowing we are leagues ahead of our competitors/potential adversaries. Example the F-22 Raptor. Our F-15 is still the overall best air superiority fighter, but the Russians started getting closer if not on par with their Mig 29 Fulcrum and Su 27 Flanker. So we had to separate ourselves by developing the Raptor, which is hands down the most capable fighter aircraft ever conceived. Though I have to admit things are getting pretty interesting now that the Russians are developing the PAK-FA and the Chinese the J-20.

lol
This is horse !!$$. 

Attacking in what sense? Directly as in the mainland? The US mainland is a headache to launch a conventional war against. 

You're taking about running around the world sustaining our current Empire. This has very little to do with defense and everything to do with certain business interests and the fear of losing our ability to initiate adventures around the world. Whether folks like you like it or not, this is unsustainable and will end. It's a historical fact. 

I have no problem with lots of spending on military R&D. We can then profit by selling it to others as we currently do.  It's the game of Empire that's going to kill us. 

The F-22 is a waste of money btw. Gates said as much and he probably knows a bit more than others.

lol
This is horse !!$$. 

Attacking in what sense? Directly as in the mainland? The US mainland is a headache to launch a conventional war against. 

You're taking about running around the world sustaining our current Empire. This has very little to do with defense and everything to do with certain business interests and the fear of losing our ability to initiate adventures around the world. Whether folks like you like it or not, this is unsustainable and will end. It's a historical fact. 

I have no problem with lots of spending on military R&D. We can then profit by selling it to others as we currently do.  It's the game of Empire that's going to kill us. 

The F-22 is a waste of money btw. Gates said as much and he probably knows a bit more than others.

You should run for President, or at the least Senator. Your profound knowledge is...captivating. You are our Neo.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom