Is Our Government Serious Right Now?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The American public though quite well informed has no idea of the threats we face. I'll put it this way...we are already looking past the whole AQ/Tally/Counterinsurgency. There is a good chance that we will be tested by a sovereign nation our lifetime. I'm not making my statements out of ignorance.

Tested in what way? Be specific. 
We won't be tested in a conventional sense unless we look to be tested. Various interests seem to do a good job of pushing politicians to look for those tests. 

Like I stated, various interests in the US are scared of what the world will look like when the US cannot run around and play Captain America across the globe. They're scared because it's not in their interests. Specifically, not in their financial interests. 

They're scared that someone else will (i.e. China)  begin to do that. You know what? Let them. They'll figure out it's an  expensive headache real fast chasing resources across the globe and maintaining the power of the kleptocaracy back home. 

We've only lasted about 60 years so far and the past 30 of those have put us heavily into debt. 

Originally Posted by scshift

I love how they used a picture of a ceiling for an article on the debt ceiling 
laugh.gif

i love how u dont notice the congess building in the picture

China is too smart to pick up where we left off and become "world police". They've seen how well that has gone for us.
@Elder I strongly disagree. Who would test us and why ? The conflicts shaping the future are all proxy wars/fighting for economic positioning. I don't see why China, Iran, Russia etc would ever have any reason to directly attack the US.

Originally Posted by airmaxplus

revolution anyone?

Give it a few more weeks. Funny thing is they want $!#@ to goto hell so they can takeover, but I think they underestimate the people.

This "debt ceiling" argument only proves this country's ignorance.

1. This country has defaulted many times.
2. Obama is lying when he says people won't get Social Security checks or the military won't get paid
3. He's lying because the government allocates enough revenue via taxes to pay their obligations plus interest on the debt they owe
4. Little known secret is that YOU are not entitled to Social Security, Medicare, ect. So they do not have to appropriate money for those programs
5. The only people who will be affected by a "default" are lobbyists

^Bond market? Spreads? Credit ratings? Some people, like Ron Paul, believe in a default but they still acknowledge the pain that will with it. They just mitigate this by saying how bad it will be years from now if issues aren't addressed sooner than later.

This Super Congress thing is pure sensationalism.

Originally Posted by rashi

2. Obama is lying when he says people won't get Social Security checks or the military won't get paid
3. He's lying because the government allocates enough revenue via taxes to pay their obligations plus interest on the debt they owe
4. Little known secret is that YOU are not entitled to Social Security, Medicare, ect. So they do not have to appropriate money for those programs

Our government doesn't have the balls to stop the gravy train.
laugh.gif

they've been deficit spending for a while now...why should they raise da debt celiling any more? i say pull outta all those foreign countries and supply ur own people.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^Bond market? Spreads? Credit ratings? Some people, like Ron Paul, believe in a default but they still acknowledge the pain that will with it. They just mitigate this by saying how bad it will be years from now if issues aren't addressed sooner than later.

Bond market isn't panicking, they know there's going to be a "deal". We default everyday, they've moved back the "debt ceiling" cutoff date numerous time this year alone.

This debt isn't meant to be paid off. The economy has to collapse, if it does, the banksters lose. To keep feeding the economy money is making things worse and delaying the inevitable huge collapse.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Bond market isn't panicking, they know there's going to be a "deal". We default everyday, they've moved back the "debt ceiling" cutoff date numerous time this year alone.

This debt isn't meant to be paid off. The economy has to collapse, if it does, the banksters lose. To keep feeding the economy money is making things worse and delaying the inevitable huge collapse.
That's the system we live in...
tired.gif

i been tellin y'all its going down... all these legislative measures are being set up for the endgame..

i see HLS doing they thing.... lol

Originally Posted by devildog1776

i been tellin y'all its going down... all these legislative measures are being set up for the endgame..

Do tell. End game?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Do tell. End game?

Perhaps purposely ruining the economy so the American people will be desperate to accept anything, including any form of govt, that the powers-that-be offer?

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

Do tell. End game?

Perhaps purposely ruining the economy so the American people will be desperate to accept anything, including any form of govt, that the powers-that-be offer?
Oh. Yeah makes sense. We need Relief.
tired.gif
but
wink.gif

Do tell. End game?

Oh. Yeah makes sense. We need Relief.
tired.gif
but
wink.gif
the endgame is total chaos..... once that occurs , then SHTF
order out of chaos is the motto

The United States has only defaulted on its debt twice. This is only if you count 1790, right after the Revolution, and 1933, where they didn't actually default but seemingly tried to inflate their way out of debt. So again, you're spewing lies and people on this site are lapping it up. Try not to eat up everything Paul Ryan says please.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Yes, let us give more power to an even smaller group of people. Essentially, the government is saying "damn, we can't get anything passed if people are going to start paying attention, so let's make sure we can do it without them noticing." Power should be with the people, not with twelve individuals. Imagine having the United States of America run by 12 people.

I hope they don't do away with the mortgage interest tax credit. I just bought a house, smh.
The problem with the debt ceiling is right wingers purposefully trying to sabotage Obama not people paying attention.
This is it right here! These morons are willing to sink the country as long as its on his watch. The entire government needs to be revamped. We have too many high paid reps with too much power. Nothing gets done.

Do tell. End game?

grin.gif

Looks like this stuff is deff hitting wall street. On another forum I visit, people were posting about pulling and selling their shares. The losses look okay but this really needs to take a positive direction.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

The United States has only defaulted on its debt twice. This is only if you count 1790, right after the Revolution, and 1933, where they didn't actually default but seemingly tried to inflate their way out of debt. So again, you're spewing lies and people on this site are lapping it up. Try not to eat up everything Paul Ryan says please.

Um, yeah.

1. Continental-Currency default
2. Greenback default
3. Continental Domestic loan default
4. Liberty Bond default
5. Defaulted in 1979

3 times this past century alone: 1934 by eliminating the ownership of gold devaluing dollar holdings , again between 1934-1971 because Congress refused to redeem silver certificates, and again because Nixon ended the gold standard via Bretton Woods.

I would suggest you brush up on your history beyond your public school revisionist history lessons, thanks. And no, I don't "eat up" what Paul Ryan, whoever that is. Only people economically illiterate as you would only believe to "pay off" a debt worth more than $125+ trillion in unfunded liabilities and projected costs in federal programs is to increase the spending with worthless money. We should print these up.

zimbabwe-100-trillion-dollar-bill-obverse%5B2%5D.jpg

Most of us see what's going on but we have different takes on whose behind it and whats to come.

Back
Top Bottom