IS Series or Mustang GT

Whats the price discrepancy between the 2010GT and the 2011 5.0 Mustangs?
Just curious since everyone is suggesting it over the 2010 GT.
But by the jump in power, looks like the 5.0 would cost more.

I agree with letitshine....I've always viewed the is as a females whip...too small and feminine looking for me....gt all the way....5.0 if possible

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Is the 2011 Mustang GT an option? They get a new 5.0 engine and a HP bump.

IMO, anyone who buys a  2010 Mustang is nuts.  You have new engines next year with more power and better fuel economy.  The V-6 next year will have just about the same power as the current V-8 and get near 30 mpg.  Sure the cost will be slightly more but also keep in mind resale for the "older" version will take a nice hard kick in the nuts if you care about that at all.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Whats the price discrepancy between the 2010GT and the 2011 5.0 Mustangs?
Just curious since everyone is suggesting it over the 2010 GT.
But by the jump in power, looks like the 5.0 would cost more.

2011 Mustang GT
412 HP/390 lb/ft of torque

17/26 mileage

2010 Mustang GT

300 HP/325 lb/ft of torque

15/23 mileage

that kind of bump in performance and mileage for about 2G's is a no brainer for anybody considering coppin a mustang in the near future

Originally Posted by ninjahood

2010-Ford-Mustang-GT-Official.jpg

400 + HP for under 25 grand and more
NO $!%#%#! QUESTION

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

IS350 > Mustang GT (Premium) > IS250 Manual/ AWD

IS350 is best of both worlds - luxury and performance - four doors with 306hp and it's RWD. Most expensive out of the three as well. Six-speed paddle shift only though, but the gauges and dash are awesome.

Mustang, has to be the GT. The V8 (get them V6's outta here) with 315hp and 325 lb.-ft of torque is what the Mustang is, performance, can't go wrong with a six speed manual gearbox. Also the smallest and sportiest being a two-door coupe.

IS250 only good for the manual or AWD option. Sure you get the same amenities, but when you put your right foot down nothing really happens. Good economic buy though.

the mustang GT only makes 315hp (not even on the wheel) with a V8
roll.gif
OP just cop the IS

and it starts

It's not like you need 400hp for a daily driver. You have to think long term as well, like fuel consumption and maintenance costs for starters.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

IS350 > Mustang GT (Premium) > IS250 Manual/ AWD

IS350 is best of both worlds - luxury and performance - four doors with 306hp and it's RWD. Most expensive out of the three as well. Six-speed paddle shift only though, but the gauges and dash are awesome.

Mustang, has to be the GT. The V8 (get them V6's outta here) with 315hp and 325 lb.-ft of torque is what the Mustang is, performance, can't go wrong with a six speed manual gearbox. Also the smallest and sportiest being a two-door coupe.

IS250 only good for the manual or AWD option. Sure you get the same amenities, but when you put your right foot down nothing really happens. Good economic buy though.

the mustang GT only makes 315hp (not even on the wheel) with a V8
roll.gif
OP just cop the IS

and it starts
Even though the GT makes ONLY 315 hp with a v8, its still very quick. How about getting into one before you judge. Btw, an IS 350 is a maintenance bummer as well.

what about including the 370z in your choices?  I think its at the same price range as the Mustang GT.  Similar power with the 2010 GT.... though i thing the 2011 will crush it in the straights... probably not in the corners

wow not one reply saying keep the accord. unless you just hit the jackpot or are extremely rich to begin with, i don't think upgrading an already new car is the best idea...

Whatever you do don't get an IS250 AWD, small 17's on 4x4 suspension. 9 out of 10 IS's I see on the road are 250s. Get the IS350, you only see dudes in those and F's. 306hp from a V6, with all the comfort and luxuries for everyday driving. I don't understand how the is "lacks power" when it does 0-60 in 4.6s and achieves high 12's with just a midpipe, exhaust, and intake but 13.5s stock is good enough for something that heavy.

As for the stang I see more females driving in them than males, and of course they are in the v6 models, mostly the verts.

so if you go with the IS or Stang, get the 350 or the GT V8. Dont bother with 250 or something ridiculous like a V6 mustang.

My IS350, quick, reliable, comfortable. 

2ujrsjq.jpg

I have a 2010 mustang gt,love the car. it was pretty difficult at first to drive because it was my first standard car but driving it now is a breeze. i love the looks i get from it,its silver and has some nice lookin 20s on it. id wait for the 2011 mustang,the v6 will have the same power as the current gts and the 5.0 is gona be a beast.
never liked lexus cars for some reason.

I have a mustang GT and I don't think Im a douche
frown.gif

of course I'm bias so I won't say anything (get the 2011 GT)

i must admit i hate when they changed to the current mustang body but the 2011 they made look way better than the 2010. get it bro!

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Btw, an IS 350 is a maintenance bummer as well.

How so?

Foreign car, cost of importing parts is expensive. And yes i know Toyota owns Lexus and they are a very reliable cars, however, American cars will do its part in the long run.

I would think a lexus would be more reliable than a ford and i dont think maintance would be too much you see lexus' all the time with 200k+ miles without any issues i have yet to see this out of a mustang or any performance dosmetics. Also if you want a car that can maintain it's value on the long run the lexus would also take that

Back
Top Bottom