Is Spielberg the greatest director of all time or nah?

James Cameron>

Outta your mind for this one-
Avatar's Box Office success was manufactured bull**** to the extreme and beyond. The story was just okay. The star & co-star were just okay, and the CGI in Phantom of Menace was more impressive for its time, so was Antz. Really Avatar was Gremlins 2 w/ a box office budget. Now get that Blue Pocahontas bull**** tf outta here.

I have other critiques, but I'll reserve my controversy.

T2 is my favorite movie but he's vastly overrated altogether I think. I HATE Avatar :lol:

Both T1 & T2 are great! I didn't enjoy Avatar either.

I may favor the original T1 though. It's darker.
It produced an appropriate sense of anxiety lacking from the sequel imo
and I liked seeing Arnold as a villain.

Outta your mind for this one-
Avatar's Box Office success was manufactured bull**** to the extreme and beyond. The story was just okay. The star & co-star were just okay, and the CGI in Phantom of Menace was more impressive for its time, so was Antz. Really Avatar was Gremlins 2 w/ a box office budget. Now get that Blue Pocahontas bull**** tf outta here.

I don't even think he is a good director tbh. I would put a majority of his movies in the boring category really.

Also worth nothing that I am NOT a pretentious film guy but our age (youth) is showing on this board. Most of the list if I were to make one would have very few directors that are alive right now:

Ozu
Luc Besson
Goddard
Hitchcok
Wells
Bergman

BUT with a modern lens for sake of my most influential and personally favorites (entertaining, well done films)

Villenueve
Tarantino
Soderbergh
Coen bros
Fincher

When any of these guys releases a movie Ill watch it, likely pay for it even

I don't even think he is a good director tbh. I would put a majority of his movies in the boring category really.

Also worth nothing that I am NOT a pretentious film guy but our age (youth) is showing on this board. Most of the list if I were to make one would have very few directors that are alive right now:

Ozu
Luc Besson
Goddard
Hitchcok
Wells
Bergman

Bob Cousy in your top 5 hoopers aswel??

Nolan is def top 5 for me. 2 of my fave movies of all time are dark knight, followed by interstellar.

Fincher
Ridley Scott also up there for me.

I need to watch some films from some other directors, feel I'm missing out (kurosawa for example)

James Cameron cannot be in any top 5 list man made like...4 movies or some bs. Never sat thru all of titanic and...avatar was Pocahantas with Gundams (which i guess is cool. i like gundams lol but the film wasn't telling an inherently special or fresh story)

jar jar.gif

Spielberg is trash honestly, I know this post probably belongs in the unpopular opinion thread but his movies try to be everything at once and in turn end up missing the mark.

I must admit I LOVE Jurassic park, but after that its nada from me. Boring movies.

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom