Is the market becoming saturated?

So I want to know what people think about the market of new release kicks is being saturated?  I remember growing up in the 90s and the shoe market was a let less known and it was a lot easier being able to cop new pair of Jordan's, Nike's, Penny's, etc...

What changes in the show game would you like to see changed?

Do you think this will ever die out?

What do you think about the resell market?

I think the market is starting to get saturated. It seems like every other day, some new heat is getting released lol. But the good thing about this is that resellers are getting squeezed out.

If I were Nike, I wouldnt change a thing. They're making a ton of cash by having this constant stream of releases. And as a consumer, I like the variety of releases that Nike is coming out with.

I think the market is starting to get saturated. It seems like every other day, some new heat is getting released lol. But the good thing about this is that resellers are getting squeezed out.

If I were Nike, I wouldnt change a thing. They're making a ton of cash by having this constant stream of releases. And as a consumer, I like the variety of releases that Nike is coming out with.

Ultimately, we are paying reseller prices so that's def not a good thing.

Yes, I def. agree.  I think the more releases that come out them less people would want to buy.  I am hoping that one day things will get back to the way they use to be and you can just walk into a store and get a release like a week after they drop.  haha, wishful thinking!

Yes, I def. agree.  I think the more releases that come out them less people would want to buy.  I am hoping that one day things will get back to the way they use to be and you can just walk into a store and get a release like a week after they drop.  haha, wishful thinking!

Actually, it's been like that for a while now sans limited releases.
It's not that people don't want to buy. People can't afford to buy. Not even the middle class can afford to drop $200 per week a year on shoes and that's the rate of releases we have been getting from out good friend nike.

Yes, and paying resell prices can sometimes be frustrating.  But it seems the more people do complain the more they buy.  It is like a catch 22!!  I am not a huge fan of resellers, but I have bought from resellers.  I even sell myself, but my goal is not to rape, my goal is to give great prices to people that were not able to get what they wanted.  

You see I have no problem with the resell game, it is the people that over charge a kidney for a pair of shoes, those guys are no good!!! 

Yes price hikes from Nike is def hurting resellers but my point was more towards the fact that the high number of releases Nike is putting out into the market is also playing a large factor in keeping resale prices down. Which is good for us

Yes price hikes from Nike is def hurting resellers but my point was more towards the fact that the high number of releases Nike is putting out into the market is also playing a large factor in keeping resale prices down. Which is good for us

I would agree but the price is making a HUGE difference which isn't good for us

It's not that people don't want to buy. People can't afford to buy. Not even the middle class can afford to drop $200 per week a year on shoes and that's the rate of releases we have been getting from out good friend nike.
I agree. I used to be able to pick up shoes I couldn't afford as a kid but always wanted. Now with the price hikes and so called remastered prices, I can't afford the shoes as an adult. I have narrowed my scope of purchases significantly now.

I agree. I used to be able to pick up shoes I couldn't afford as a kid but always wanted. Now with the price hikes and so called remastered prices, I can't afford the shoes as an adult. I have narrowed my scope of purchases significantly now.

Yea man it's def tough. I see a lot of people being selective in their releases due to prices and the frequency. I used to grab shoes just because when I was younger. now I kinda go for what I really want unless the price is right.

...yeah I remember for example back I want to say in 2001 I was in a mall and saw they had the Jordan Concords; back then they were just refereed to as the black and white 11's...haha...anyway I was able to cop them with no problem as I did the space jams too.  

But like you said I have slimed down as well to the shoes I purchase.  And now they always have "remastered" Jordans!  lol...they just need to make more quality, more quantity and people wouldn't buy so much and then hopefully the game can get back to the way it use to.

We cannot really fault Nike too much because they are playing the supply and demand rules on us. The secondary market is a part of the equation as well in terms of current pricing. It will get back to the early 2000's and 90's climate but I'm not sure when that will be. Dating myself but when I was a child seeing kicks in game and on commercials was my motivation to desire. Now with the popularity of social networking, kids feel desire nearly 24/7 instead of just NBA on NBC on the weekends.

The shoe market is starting to get saturated now cause Nike has been out for some time now and they have a large variety of shoes. Most of the stars from the 90s stayed relevant somewhat too, so kids want to get Lebron's and a pair of Jordan's and some of them never even seen him play.

The shoe market is starting to get saturated now cause Nike has been out for some time now and they have a large variety of shoes. Most of the stars from the 90s stayed relevant somewhat too, so kids want to get Lebron's and a pair of Jordan's and some of them never even seen him play.
^^^^ I totally I agree with this.  A lot of people will claim that they are still sneaker heads, and I understand that as well.  Being a sneaker head is loving shoes and loving the shoe game and also knowing the history behind this; but you can always google history, right?  

I know, Jordan Shoe is a symbol to some people as fashion statements and prestige.  But I myself having actually watched Jordan play in the late 80' and >, I look at Jordan Shoes as a symbol of accomplishment and hard work.

To me this is what the difference of a sneaker head and sneaker "connoisseur".

Back
Top Bottom