Is the new Chevrolet Malibu really that bad?

I don't plan on getting one, but I know a friend that wants one and it appears to have TONS of issues already. Do anyone here own one that can chime in?

I don't plan on getting one, but I know a friend that wants one and it appears to have TONS of issues already. Do anyone here own one that can chime in?
]

the current one? what issues?

My grandma got a brand new 2017 maxed out all options and it's been nothing but problems.

Electrical issues, sunroof ****** up, pulling to one side no matter what is done to correct it, inaccurate gas mileage, and some other stuff. She's currently going through a lemon law suit kinda thing to get her bread back and force the dealer to take the car back.

Would not recommend under any circumstances :lol:

Last edited:
Sister got a 16, no complaints from her besides them paying for wifi and the company saying they canceled it and having to pay again for a trip

Last edited:
Knew EXACTLY who made this thread just from the title :lol:

The new Malibu cool tho , like a smaller impala my mans got a black on black joint no problems

First car was german....nothing but electrical issues

Second car was american....nothing but issues

Third car was japanese.....runs perfect

Even the new Chevy's got problems? I thought American cars caught up in terms of reliability and what not.

GM cars in general have a lot of problems. My girls 2014 ATS is in and out of the shop every other month with electrical issues.

dealer tried to put the blame on her :rofl:

Last edited:
GM cars in general have a lot of problems. My girls 2014 ATS is in and out of the shop every other month with electrical issues.

not true, I have a 2016 Silverado, moms has a Cadillac CTS 2016 and pops has a 2500 chevy HD 2007...0 issues, just my .02 cents.[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Last edited:
What the hell? Never hear people talk **** about American cars other then ford.

All ive ever had were chevy trucks and have had 0 issues.

Yall ****** just dont know how to take care of your whips.

not true, I have a 2016 Silverado, moms has a Cadillac CTS 2016 and pops has a 2500 chevy HD 2007...0 issues, just my .02 cents.[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

true or not, subjective. doesn't help it was basically first year of a new model, I think 2014 was first year of the ATS so that also could be an issue. All its been is electrical issues, all the lights and functions of her dash went out and wouldn't turn on and would have to sit at her crappy dealerships for over a week everything.

thank god its a lease but she could have got out of it due to lemon laws since its been in for the same issue 5 times already

What the hell? Never hear people talk **** about American cars other then ford.

All ive ever had were chevy trucks and have had 0 issues.

Yall ****** just dont know how to take care of your whips.

Nah I just don't like most. I like 90s Japanese whips. That's just what I like. I keep buying 3rd gen 4 runners. I don't even want a new one. :lol: I like the simplicity and they are bullet proof.

Like I just drove through a construction zone in 6 inches of mud because it was a short cut for two blocks and my truck enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom