Is the quality on retro Military IV's REALLY that bad?

The only recent retro IVS with great quality were the Fire Red and Black Lasers.
pimp.gif

i have both the mars and militaries... mars have better quality that the militaries... dont compare the two.... cus it aint even close.

My mars (the pair i wear) have been worn to death and are still alive and kicking, no quality issues at all from my perspective.

That's them on the left, and a ds pair on the right.

They've been played in, and just worn out and about.

As for M blues, don't have any so i cant make an informed comment on them.

But all this talk of Mars being poor is simply wrong, and my midsole hasn't chipped either.

If I could go back I definitely would of have not bought these b/c of the quality. The paint is cracking & its fading off too.

They fine to me.  I appreciate Nike tryin to accomidate ya'll kids.  Most of you weren't alive during the original release and make me laugh when talking about the quality.  You guys have no idea what quality is, be grateful they coming out for you guys, if not, don't buy em.  My kids always ask me if they could have my collection when they get older, 10,8, and 4 yrs old and I'm raising them to appreciate the legacy that has you guys twisted. Ive had the OG's, having to choose between parachute pants or the AJ 1's back in the fourth grade.  My brothers went with the pants and for whatever reason, I took the J's.  Who would of thought after all these years and I'm still swoopin them up, and now my kids are doin the same and now replacing with the retro's and love em.  I haven''t posted in some time and realize why, its the same stuff, 10 years strong.

the leather was kinda cheap....
Ill still buy another pair (4 cheap that is) lol smh

I am wearing my militaries now, cheap leather and all. They look good though. I haven't had any problems with the paint chipping so far. Sometimes they do hurt my feet.They are probably my most uncomfortable IV's. I really love my white lasers they are one of my most comfortable js I own.The quality is a lot better than the militaries,but my only complaint is that they have the leather wings on the side instead of the plastic like the og ivs had.

I am wearing my militaries now, cheap leather and all. They look good though. I haven't had any problems with the paint chipping so far. Sometimes they do hurt my feet.They are probably my most uncomfortable IV's. I really love my white lasers they are one of my most comfortable js I own.The quality is a lot better than the militaries,but my only complaint is that they have the leather wings on the side instead of the plastic like the og ivs had.

not only were the materials bad, jb did a poor job on stitching it all up. i had this funky looking toe box as if they were B grades.

as for the mars, paint chip and mid sole crack near the bubble...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

as for the mars, paint chip and mid sole crack near the bubble...
smh.gif

Not on mine there isn't, you must walk like a gimp.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by bootyologist24

They fine to me.  I appreciate Nike tryin to accomidate ya'll kids.  Most of you weren't alive during the original release and make me laugh when talking about the quality.  You guys have no idea what quality is, be grateful they coming out for you guys, if not, don't buy em.  My kids always ask me if they could have my collection when they get older, 10,8, and 4 yrs old and I'm raising them to appreciate the legacy that has you guys twisted. Ive had the OG's, having to choose between parachute pants or the AJ 1's back in the fourth grade.  My brothers went with the pants and for whatever reason, I took the J's.  Who would of thought after all these years and I'm still swoopin them up, and now my kids are doin the same and now replacing with the retro's and love em.  I haven''t posted in some time and realize why, its the same stuff, 10 years strong.

No matter what era you're from, it doesnt take much to realize BAD quality. You get the immature stupid comments in here because j's are whats hottest among younger crowds. JUST LIKE WHEN THEY FIRST DROPPED. The legacy just keeps repeating itself, just that Jordan Brand raises prices and gives the consumer an inferior product. Its hard to ''appreciate a legacy'' now.

I'm wearing my military iv's right now and they look great....worn @least 30 X's.

Yeah there's creasing but i just stuff em with double shoe trees when i take em off.

mine haven't cracked or peeled SO FAR.....unlike my retro III's.

I think that a lot of these guys that complain about quality have never even seen an OG pair to compare the quality to, but they still have to knock the quality, not just limited to the IV's. In this case however, the Military's quality was far worse than the Mars. The leather looks like vinyl and it is extremely smooth. The best quality IV's IMO are the White/Red Laser IV's. This is probably due to the fact it had to sustain the laser etching, but without a doubt the best quality IV's in the past ten years. My Military's came in a wrecked box from Eastbay and when I opened them there was a tiny scuff. I tried wiping it off and I realized I was eating away at the leather. I'll try to post pics up in the next couple of days.

Yeah the leather on these sucked, it was more like vinyl than leather. I kept mine DS but sold them for like $75 just last year.

I don't know how bad...but the threading around the toe box were the netting is on my shoe broke...so the netting is kinda loose. (>_<)

Back
Top Bottom