Is the term "wh!+eboy" as offensive as the n-word?

have we come to the point where we have to grade the level of an insult?

smh.gif

I just don't like how everyone on NT is trying circumvent the community rules by having close substitutes to the hurtful and hateful slurs. Terms likehonki, saltines and winja demean me as human being. If you are white and have been called a winja, it does not matter if it was in jest, it has such a nastyhistory that it should never be used even by fellow honkis.

NT really needs to crack down on these terms and others.
laugh.gif

How many people that are saying it is not offensive are white?

How can one race say what is or isn't offensive to another race?

I don't see how anyone can see these being close to the same level of offense.. I am white, if someone calls me white boy so be it.. No harm to me if youallow this to bother you, grow thicker skin. No if they called me Saltine that is different. Which is a derogatory term. I don't see how white boy can bederogatory.

Now the n-word on the other hand has a hateful, demeaning history.. It wasn't supposed to be used as a way to greet each other. Over time it has come to bedegrading and affectionate at the same time (like a gardening tool). But I understand why black people are allowed to use it and whites aren't it makessense.

So no not the same at all..

how the hell is "white boy" racist???? i mean i dont call a white person that because i don't use race to address and individual....if anythingits not respecting that person as a man.....like if some called me a "black boy" i would tell 'em to not address me like i'm some kid but iwouldn't classify them as a racist because of that word

Is "white boy" offensive? ...YES, it can be, depending on context (and honestly its usually used with a negative connotation)

Is it ANYWHERE near as offensive as the "N word" ....of course not, dont be ridiculous.

the term "white boy" is offensive to me in two ways.
1) depends who is saying it to me
&
2) how much alcohol I've had
laugh.gif

-J-

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

smh.gif

Couldn't agree more, first of all. Secondly, I have never in my life heard anyone referred to as "insert race here" + "Boy" in apositive connotation. It is demeaning and insulting no matter what race is referred to. I am white, have gotten the "white boy" reference numeroustimes and depending on the way it was said either followed that up with the "say it like that ONE more time" look, or aswift fist to face. I would expect nothing less from anyone else. As the saying goes......do unto others

ALLOW ME TO DROP SOME KNOWLEDGE RIGHT NOW:

white boy is a spin put on black boy (just as winja and ninja) like somebody already said.

However, what everyone fails to realize is that black boy has an INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE past. If you ever go to Africa, Sri Lanka, and basically any othercountry where theres a lot of tourism in a "dark" country, you will see people calling their servants and waiters "boy." Thats the reasonwhy its real bad. This isnt used as much anymore, but still in existence. If you were to call someone on the street a boy, you'd be in a VERY badsituation, just like walking through a random housing project and referring to a black man as a N, not a goof idea at all.

Like the N word, it has its roots outside the US, but a lot of people seem to not be aware of these roots.

If you have to ask it is.

I believe calling anyone out of context is disrespectful.

If you dont know em, call em sir or man simple.

if youre a white male, and you are an adolescent, then you are a white boy
the same doesnt go for the "n" word

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

?
I think that's what he's talking about.
I'm not offended by it, because there isnt hundreds of years of hatred and oppression behind it.

Anything that's racist towards my Asian side though, gets to me.
key I always thought you were black
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dskilz3

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

smh.gif

Couldn't agree more, first of all. Secondly, I have never in my life heard anyone referred to as "insert race here" + "Boy" in a positive connotation. It is demeaning and insulting no matter what race is referred to. I am white, have gotten the "white boy" reference numerous times and depending on the way it was said either followed that up with the "say it like that ONE more time" look, or a swift fist to face. I would expect nothing less from anyone else. As the saying goes......do unto others

I don't about you, but when I introduce people I regularly say "This my white boy (insert name here)"

laugh.gif
@ this thread and comparing it to the N-word.

The term isn't racist why because most white people wouldn't even blink an eye if you called them "white" "boy" or"girl".theres no history or nothing really negetive behind the term,unless you want there to be one but the majority rules and White Boy Mike(we allknow one) is cool with me.

Back
Top Bottom