Is there ever going to be another white American superstar in the NBA?

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Originally Posted by vctry20

i consider steve nash a white american.
nash_03.gif

I consider Nash's family as racist South Africans.

I don't consider him racist but he was born in south Africa which means politically hes African so word to theracial drafts steve is black and we are taking kidd

kevin love will be that solid all-star borderline al jefferson type of a player at best.

we thought adam morrison was the next bird or whoever, but failed.

I think the bigger problem is since Bird left little white kids growing up have noone to look at and say "I should take over the game, I can do that, Ican do anything I want on the court"

And for people who say they don't have the athleticism, thats not true for everyone. Yes, people of African decent have a higher % of "fasttwitch" muscle fibers which are used for explosive motion (jumping), but there are many "explosive" white athletes, just not as many of themplay basketball cause when you play basketball, and you are white, you are probably being taught from both watching TV and from those around you that your jobis to spot up, pass, move slow and steady, and shoot well. They are not taught to go to the rack, to finish in traffic, to crash boards like their life dependson it.

Watch Boki Nachbar, Linas Kleiza, and Andres Nocioni dunk on people, and tell me they aren't just as white as any white American, yet they still arethrowing down on people. Why? Cause they grew up never being taught they couldn't, in Europe they don't have a "black" way of playing and a"white" way of playing, they just have basketball, and I think you are starting to see more of that show in some young white players today(Devendorf, Alexander, Louis Amundson, even little dude from Ohio State, Diebler, shows off his bunnies sometimes)

So its more of a mental and teaching issue than an athleticism issue, teach White American kids they can grow up and dominate an NBA game, and play just as"black" as any of the great black superstars, and with enough god given ability, hard work, and mental toughness, they can and will.

Someone is gonna have to be the first, and he will be in the mold of the new "Iverson NBA" (aka, he will play black), its just a matter of time

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Alexander goes off against slow !%# Jeff Adrien matchin him all game, and the bandwagon grabs a few more.

laugh.gif

So let me guess, you think Ewing's a more formidable defender?

No one has an answer for him, particularly because coaches refuse to double him. I don't know why. Yea, WVU has some great shooters, but let them beatyou. Nope, as UConn, Providence, St. John's, and Pitt showed, they'll let him go one-on-one all day and get burned for 32+ as showed in the last fewgames.
And Sam Young isn't no slouch defender. Alexander is just that good and hungry; I'm not sure what Bob told him in the last few games, but itlit a fire under his !@#.

Call me bandwagon, but he's a legitimate top 3 pick if he continues what he's doing. Which he will, because he has all the confidence in the worldnow.

I wonder if JTIII will double him. Hopefully...

Whoever said Nash is racist is stupid. Nash's family left South Africa because they did not agree with apartheid.

There will be, just sit down and relax. Unless you knew that you're going to die tomorrow.

Call me bandwagon, but he's a legitimate top 3 pick if he continues what he's doing. Which he will, because he has all the confidence in the world now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....Top 3....I'll log off NT FOREVER.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not a chance.

Oh snap.. The Joe Alexander bus has overflowed before I even had a chance to recognize his game.. This dude is barely a top 10 pick... I gotta start using thisignore feature..

Joe Alexanders dunk over Stanley Robinson was nice though..

my brother met him and nichols in times square last year before they played against Clemson in the NIT (0 pts that night)...i think Joe noticed his "youjust got pittsnogled" t-shirt
laugh.gif
...said he seemed pretty cool

So let me guess, you think Ewing's a more formidable defender?

No one has an answer for him, particularly because coaches refuse to double him. I don't know why. Yea, WVU has some great shooters, but let them beat you. Nope, as UConn, Providence, St. John's, and Pitt showed, they'll let him go one-on-one all day and get burned for 32+ as showed in the last few games.
And Sam Young isn't no slouch defender. Alexander is just that good and hungry; I'm not sure what Bob told him in the last few games, but it lit a fire under his !@#.

Call me bandwagon, but he's a legitimate top 3 pick if he continues what he's doing. Which he will, because he has all the confidence in the world now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

John doubled the hell out of Joe. What's so funny?

If UConn had done the same and limit his effectiveness, WVU would have been home last night.

Back
Top Bottom