Is VA Serious About All Those "SPEED LIMIT ENFORCED BY AIRCRAFT" signs on I-95?....

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by finnns2003

check it....VA state troopers will ticket other cops who speed in their state.
it's THAT serious.
You've seen cop cars pulled over for speeding? I've seen cops backing up other cops, but ticketing them?
.... forums.officer.com
other officers from out of state do not receive PC from most VA cops.
lol that reminds me, i was in court the other day paying a speeding ticket and before I was up there was an ambulance driver pleading his case. He got a ticket from a cop for failing to pull over when the cop had his lights on. That's grimey
roll.gif

lmao its not even that bad. i've lived in VA my whole life, and have been driving for about a year (i know not alot, but i logged 10 thousand miles thispast 4 months) and i've never been pulled over. i drove from manassas to richmond on 95 averaging 80+ the whole way and didn't get pulled over. i madethis trip 4 times in 3 days, never got pulled over. i also drove from my house in centreville, to lynchburg 2 weeks ago, and averaged atleast 90 on 81 southand never got pulled over. my dad used to race on dulles toll road all the time and never got pulled over. cops are very easy to spot, unless you'redriving like a !$$*%#$. 90% of the time if you're on 95 south, if theres a cop it'll be posted on the side of the road somewhere, and unless you havehorrible vision, you'll see the fed. just look out for chargers and you'll be fine, because thats ALL that cops drive. silver or black chargers.

also, last month my family and i drove from here to miami, and i saw more cops, and more people getting pulled over in south carolina, than here in virginia

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

lmao its not even that bad. i've lived in VA my whole life, and have been driving for about a year (i know not alot, but i logged 10 thousand miles this past 4 months) and i've never been pulled over. i drove from manassas to richmond on 95 averaging 80+ the whole way and didn't get pulled over. i made this trip 4 times in 3 days, never got pulled over. i also drove from my house in centreville, to lynchburg 2 weeks ago, and averaged atleast 90 on 81 south and never got pulled over. my dad used to race on dulles toll road all the time and never got pulled over. cops are very easy to spot, unless you're driving like a !$$*%#$. 90% of the time if you're on 95 south, if theres a cop it'll be posted on the side of the road somewhere, and unless you have horrible vision, you'll see the fed. just look out for chargers and you'll be fine, because thats ALL that cops drive. silver or black chargers.

also, last month my family and i drove from here to miami, and i saw more cops, and more people getting pulled over in south carolina, than here in virginia
from your little story you are the one that is driving like an $+$%@@+. you've been driving for a year. keep up the speeding, and you WILL getpulled over.

VA cops are usually the worst on route 66.

Those signs are fluke, but dont speed in VA. You will be ticketed for wreckless driving.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

VA cops are usually the worst on route 66.

Those signs are fluke, but dont speed in VA. You will be ticketed for wreckless driving.
Really? Thankfully, I've never been pulled over for anything. I hit atleast 110 everyday on 66, from the vienna metro station to the 495 ramp.

here's a tip from a long time driver(17 yrs).....don't speed in VA

Here's a tip from a guy who's been to jail for speeding (repeatedly) in VA, listen to that tip. They are stuntin on the aircraft, but there arecruisers aplenty that will catch you, especially on certain days where it seems like their mission.

as a 21 year resident and 6 year driver, dont get caught speeding here.

those aircraft signs are basically when its lae at night or when theres more cars on the road, like during holidays. they dont give tickets they just alertcops. u only have to worry about it if your doing something crazy like 25+ over.

Like some dude told me, they may be some podunk hick state, but they are about their paper/paperwork.

My wife's aunt got ticketed by speed cameras in Arizona 11 minutes apart. 11 MPH over the limit each time. She tried to argue her case by stating that ifshe had been pulled over by an officer, the second ticket would not have happened. I don't think she won her case..

iono but here in washington, my parents got a ticket for speeding. a helicopter or something used radar then told the cars in the car, who pulled us over

Speeding on the fast lane is bound to get any one caught. You can't be the leader especially in VA.
Once when coming from SC a car was acting a fool all of NC state. As soon as he got into VA, cop in the opposite direction busted a U and stopped him.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

it's THAT serious.
You've seen cop cars pulled over for speeding? I've seen cops backing up other cops, but ticketing them?
.... forums.officer.com
other officers from out of state do not receive PC from most VA cops.

my friend, a cop for ny (transit i think, not nypd) told me during hurricane katrina when cops from other states went to new orleans to help out, they gotpulled over for speeding by VA cops on their way back home.

never got caught there.Loved driving in the family lane by myself.No traffic FTW...lol

Originally Posted by NiPxD

I hate living in VA because of this

grin.gif

DO NOT SPEED IN VA!
exactly... and they will never let you off with a warning. I dont care if its a blown tail light, expired inspection sticker whatever. Thats whypeople here always drive so slow. Commonwealth FTL

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

grin.gif

DO NOT SPEED IN VA!
exactly... and they will never let you off with a warning. I dont care if its a blown tail light, expired inspection sticker whatever. Thats why people here always drive so slow. Commonwealth FTL
I wouldn't say all that.

I've been pulled over for 62 in 45 and 50+ in 25, and I was let off with a warning.
happy.gif

But the interstate is a different story...

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

it's THAT serious.

smh.gif
lol, I buy cars from FL and bring them to NY and they ALWAYS tell me never to speed in VA. I guess it's that bad.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

grin.gif

DO NOT SPEED IN VA!
exactly... and they will never let you off with a warning. I dont care if its a blown tail light, expired inspection sticker whatever. Thats why people here always drive so slow. Commonwealth FTL
I wouldn't say all that.

I've been pulled over for 62 in 45 and 50+ in 25, and I was let off with a warning.
happy.gif

But the interstate is a different story...
nah im not talkin' about the county police... more so the VSP

grin.gif

DO NOT SPEED IN VA!
i got pulled over august 31st for expired tags, and having too many people in my car, and only got a warning. i also didn't have my license onme.

Back
Top Bottom