Is Yao a Hall of Famer?

Since it seems like his career is over, what do you guys think Yao's legacy is?

Is he a HOFer?

He might be IMO, but only because he broke barriers for other asian basketball players.

ehh idk its pretty tough to call....dude is extremely talented though, sad to see him be hurt by injuries in his prime.....but he hasnt really won anything soit might be tough to put him in that category

roll.gif

Remember, it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

He's done a lot for basketball as far as being an ambassador and pretty much made it one of the more popular sports in China.

With that said, I do think he'll eventually get in for helping to globalize the sport.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

He's done a lot for basketball as far as being an ambassador and pretty much made it one of the more popular sports in China.

With that said, I do think he'll eventually get in for helping to globalize the sport.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

QFT!

i would like to see him in it

he hasnt won anything, and just got out of the first round

but he did help china get into basketball

i watched a documentary, and that after yao, kids everywhere started to play basketball, theres also other stuff that i cant think about at 1 am

some dudes say the lebron would be in there... but not yao because he hasnt won anything?..
laugh.gif

What is this globalizing crap? He may have made basketball big in China, but as big as that damn country is, it still doesn't span across the whole globe.

If Yao gets in because of the "globalization," Dirk should get in without QUESTION, and people still question whether he should get in.

I say no.

^^if you can have an impact on one country (china), that's pretty damn big. yao has done that for a whole continent of asia. and that's like some 2 -3 billion people. may not be the whole world, but half of the world is pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If Yao gets in because of the "globalization," Dirk should get in without QUESTION, and people still question whether he should get in.

I say no.

I edited my post mentioning Dirk, then I got scared of the backlash so I erased it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

He has to get in on the basis of globalizing the game. Not for what he did on the court.
since when has the HOF criteria been based on "globalizing the game"?

while were at it let's put detlef schrempf in the hall

Originally Posted by jawn piece

Originally Posted by raptors29

He has to get in on the basis of globalizing the game. Not for what he did on the court.
since when has the HOF criteria been based on "globalizing the game"?

while were at it let's put detlef schrempf in the hall
Being good isn't the only reason why people make the HOF. they make it because of the contributions that they made for the game.

Back
Top Bottom