Is Yao a Hall of Famer?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

smh.gif
At those actually contemplating the idea. No way, no how.

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

some dudes say the lebron would be in there... but not yao because he hasnt won anything?..
laugh.gif
but bron got a bronze medal, gold medal, mvp, roy
Exactly, i dont think LeBron is in YET, but it was a stupid comparison

laugh.gif
Is this a serious question? why would he be

you must be one of those people who read a thread title and just start pushing the post bitton without bothering tp read the discussion.

No, this isn't a very smart thread/question. You know he isn't a H.O.Fer.

this isnt a very smart sentence. You know you're unaware of the depth of the topic.

smh.gif
At those actually contemplating the idea. No way, no how.

yao influence on the game of basketball as a whole has been immeasurable. millions of youth have taken up the game because of him.

it's all bron/wade, etc. in north america but make no mistake yao ming is the biggest basketball icon on the planet right now.

Hall Of Fame is for the BEST of the BEST players. Yao, while I can't deny what he has done for the game, isn't one of the best of the best.

I say yes. And that's all that really matters, nobody really gives a +%!+ about your old dudes over 19 opinions, go talk to your wife and log off.

Toodles

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Remember, it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

He's done a lot for basketball as far as being an ambassador and pretty much made it one of the more popular sports in China.

With that said, I do think he'll eventually get in for helping to globalize the sport.

QFT!
damn one of the realest posts i've ever seen on nt....props to you....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Way too many foreign players came b4 him to make other foreign players believe they could be in the NBA one day ...LAST TIME I CHECKED KOBE IS MORE POPULARTHAN YAO IN HIS OWN COUNTRY AND MICHAEL JORDAN GLOBALIZED THE NBA...AND 2 ANSWER YOUR QUESTION HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Exactly.

No way Yao gets in, I'm sorry. And to people comparing Yao to LeBron because they have no rings, just stop. You think Karl Malone isn't going to get inbecause he has no rings?

Edit: Yes he helped globalize the game, but he wasn't even the first Asian in the league! If he can't continue to play and is an active ambassador ofthe game to China and the rest of Asia, then sure he can get in. AT THIS POINT IN TIME, I'm sticking by 'No,' and I'm a fan of the guy. Albeitthe Basketball Hall of Fame, keep in mind the people enshrined are LEGENDS. Yao a legend? Ehh...not yet IMO.

Although I don't think he should or will get in, thr thought of Yao in the HOF isn't as farfetched as you think. I mean if Oscar Schmidt can get in,Yao has a legit case to make.

^True.

Who knows if he has years left to play or not, and who knows how much his "globalization" will impact his situation. But I say no way. Talented giantbut he is as much a product of the ESPN machine as anyone and owes a huge portion of that to his popularity. And he only played seven NBA seasons neverfinishing in the top 6 in PPG, RPG, or BPG despite being 7'6'' and "about to take over the center position in the NBA" the day he landed.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Do some of you know that people have become hall of famers AS PLAYERS without even playing a second in the NBA? Example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dražen_Dalipagić

As an international, Yao has a really good chance.. So does someone like Sabonis..

not to mention drazen petrovic. he was a barrier breaker back in the mid 80's of a european coming to play in the nba. and he never had that amazing of acareer probably some of the same accolades yao has now such as some all nba 2nd and 3rd teams, 20ppg scorer but he never played on a title-contending team.unfortunately his career and prime was cut short by his death. but he is in the hall of fame because he was a good player while in the nba, and was a trailblazer for many young europeans aspiring to play in the nba. yao has done that for china/asia. he's not the first asian in the nba, but he is by far thebest. he has some decent individual accolades, and his career may now be cut short by injuries. but his influence on the game is at least as big asdrazen's. if it was on the voting panel, i'd vote in.

Why would Yao be a hall of famer? What exactly has he done? Sure he'll be in the Chinese BBall HOF but why what makes him deserving of being in this one?

Back
Top Bottom