IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Enjoyed the movie. Personally, the scariest thing wasn't to be found in the movie though. It was seeing, rather, the sheer amount of children in the theatre with me. :smh:

Enjoyed the movie. Personally, the scariest thing wasn't to be found in the movie though. It was seeing, rather, the sheer amount of children in the theatre with me. :smh:

:lol:It was almost like the parents were like " You're gonna be just as scared as I was as a kid"

Movie was solid, was way more creepy than scary and surprisingly funny to me. Can't wait for chapter 2 and to see who they get to play the adults.

i watched this in ipic last night and there was a creepy *** clown making weird balloon animals for the people in there...
he ran up on my lady and scared the **** out of her :rofl:

movie was great. it was a fun watch.

So many people on here saying it beat their expectations, wow...

I really hate to be that guy, but I can't say I enjoyed myself during the movie. the original movie is so damn legendary and good to me, so I had to see this on opening day. I was just not a fan of how they tried to make the movie all "cute" and not completely dark for the whole movie. They tried so hard to get laughs, which just caught me off guard and made me hate it, yes I know they want you to love the characters, but cmon. The rock throwing scene made me want to walk of the movie theatre, like this is supposed to be a dark and twisted film..story just didn't piece together that well for as well, felt like the scary scenes got repetitive and you knew when was about to happen.

I really hate to be that guy, but I can't say I enjoyed myself during the movie. the original movie is so damn legendary and good to me, so I had to see this on opening day. I was just not a fan of how they tried to make the movie all "cute" and not completely dark for the whole movie. They tried so hard to get laughs, which just caught me off guard and made me hate it, yes I know they want you to love the characters, but cmon. The rock throwing scene made me want to walk of the movie theatre, like this is supposed to be a dark and twisted film..story just didn't piece together that well for as well, felt like the scary scenes got repetitive and you knew when was about to happen.

It's to appeal to a wider audience. Look at the huge figures it's pulling this weekend. I saw all demographics in the theater.
I'm a horror fan myself and would love a dark, twisted story but we all know that would only interest a niche audience.

It's to appeal to a wider audience. Look at the huge figures it's pulling this weekend. I saw all demographics in the theater.
I'm a horror fan myself and would love a dark, twisted story but we all know that would only interest a niche audience.

Plus you have to look at it from all angles. What exactly would you expect when it's actual kids playing kids? the cake stuff?? the beverly and the squad stuff? I mean movie went as deep as they could go. If it were going to be darker they'd cast adults that could pass for those ages and go HAM, but then that'd open a whole nother can of worms. plus a possible NC-17 rating(which I think the first draft was on it's way to getting)
People also don't realize that acting and going that dark takes it's toll on a person, whether they're a pro or not(many examples of that) I mean the dude playing Beverlys dad and the pharmacist dude had to feel some type of way having to act like that with an actual 15 year old girl and having to go there.

all in all movie was great, when it deals with dark material like that, its better to let the audience be left to their own imagination. or just read the book, which, while great and the scariest thing I've ever read in my life, i will only ever read once. Some things you just can't unread.

The Tim Curry one got people all up in arms, that one is beyond corny. It's either the first scary movie you EVER saw or you LOVE Tim Curry.
I'm really hoping people that have read the books aren't the ones claiming that that is the superior film. They could easily add in a directors cut to this version with all that dark stuff. but without it no question this is the better film

Last edited:
Movie was awesome. I loved it.

Stranger things killed it.

Really surprised it's doing marvel money :lol:

But just goes to show you that all you have to do is make a good movie and people will come.

Yeah, I can't put the OG over this one. It's a classic and a great adaptation, but if we're going to compare .....2017 makes the OG look silly. And then again, it's not really fair to compare because of the times. (CGI,makeup, etc..)

EXACTLY how I felt... like I said, it seemed like everyone was hyped in the theatre. Then as time went on, seemed like everyone just wanted it to end.

Loved it.Horror is so over done and this was a fresh take on it just being the backdrop of a great drama. Great coming of age story. Overuse of cgi is arguable but it didn't feel forced or out of place like some modern horror movies.

Saw this movie earlier this morning. I never really watch horror movies, but i thought this was pretty entertaining. Was surprised to see a good amount of children in the theater though.

The OG adaptation is laughbly bad now dudes gotta stop flexing. Lol sounding like those old heads who would say Run from Run DMC is better than Nas because thats what they saw as a kid.

They are both two of my all-time favorites (Run & Nas.)
But I hear you.

The OG adaptation is laughbly bad now dudes gotta stop flexing. Lol sounding like those old heads who would say Run from Run DMC is better than Nas because thats what they saw as a kid.

Word man. I saw the original a few days ago and aside from pennywise, the acting was so damn corny. That scene where bill and mike are riding around on bikes as adults. C'mon man :lol:. I get it though, it was made to air on network tv so all the horror elements had to be toned down drastically. I was sitting there wondering why the movie was longer than Lord of the Rings until I saw it originally aired as a two episode special back in the day. Some of you have some strong nostalgia glasses prescriptions.

This remake is way better than the original. As soon as that opening scene ends, you know exactly what kind of movie its going to be. Only gripe I would have is Richie being too witty for a 13 year old. Some of his quips were smarter than what an adult would come up with. 13 year old me was coming up with "I know you are but what am I?" while Richie was throwing out mom's vagina and birth control jokes. :lol:

EXACTLY how I felt... like I said, it seemed like everyone was hyped in the theatre. Then as time went on, seemed like everyone just wanted it to end.

idk man, everyone in this thread is making it horror movie of the decade....i guess we are wrong

I’d put this up there with the best of the decade. We’re people expecting something more scary? It’s one of those movies where the monster is visible throughout. The monster is almost a character, which takes away from the fear factor. I think it made it a lot better in that it gave you a more emotional attachment to the characters. I went into this mroeso expecting a Goonies style coming of age/bike riding adventures, and that’s basically what it was.

It wasn’t a very scary movie (there were some jumps and some horrifying sequences [RIP Georgie :frown::]) but i think what made it better than most other horror flicks is the time it took to build characters and connections and to actually have the monster play a regular role.

That’s what separates Stephen King from everyone else.

Does this make up for The Dark Tower?:smh:

Been hyped for this movie this whole week. It was really good except I had a throbbing headache. My favorite scene was the bloody bathroom. It was so goorie like the old horror flicks. The kids were great and the story was well put together. I could see King shedding a tear and being so proud of this movie. Can't wait for chapter too.

Oddly one of the more creepies scenes was when...

SPOILER

When the pictures of georgie were flashing and all of sudden the clown appeared all 3D looking and ****. Caught me by surprise for sure lol

Back
Top Bottom