IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Seen it opening night, and I really enjoyed it.

Did it have its flaws? Of course. Was it better than the original, though? Eh debatable. The original is just so damn nostalgic that it has the edge over this one for me. Still a great film regardless.

And I completely agree that the garage/projector scene was wilddddd. :lol: my favorite and most memorable scene for me for sure. Did not see it coming like that. :lol: :pimp:

It's not debatable that this is better than the OG. OG one is so bad now that the kids in this film are better actors than the adults in the tv series.

Last edited:
I mean... what do you expect? The Original was made nearly 30 years ago.

Just like my Dad, he swears every "Jaws" movie is better than any shark movie this day in age.

I remember re-watching Jaws when I was older like....

tumblr_m3zntdyOgz1r7fhfto1_1280.png

^^Jaws is the best shark film and it's not even close.

Saw IT tonight and loved it, 7/8. Finn as Richie was the standout forbthe kids but they were all good. Mike definitely felt underdeveloped compared to the rest of them though. Skarsgard as Pennywise was creepy as f and did a great job of separating his version from Curry's. I can't wait for chapter 2.

Also, I didn't have a problem with the jokes and stuff. Kids are mad wild and not as dumb as we think they are. I was saying mad crazy **** when their age too.

Taking 5 year olds to see ****ed up movies

I mean even if she not scared and thinks it's funny you wilding lmao

i saw no kids when i went to watch IT, saw a good amount when i went to go watch Annabelle: Creation though. kids were talking throughout the movie and joking, was annoying af.

Movie was good more "cool" nostalgia than it was scary. I guess when I was a kid it scared me a lot more lol I thought I'd have flash backs to that and the trailer seemed really creepy. Hopefully chapter 2 is terrifying.

Ended up watching this twice. My only probelem was Pennies screen time. Not sure how the mini series or book worked him in. I would have liked to see more of him though.

Haven't seen the movie yet but Pennywise gets a whole lot of "screentime" in the book

A few chapters are even written from his POV

Haven't seen the movie yet but Pennywise gets a whole lot of "screentime" in the book

A few chapters are even written from his POV
I never peeped the book just saw pics of the tv adaptation and got curious.

Read the part 1 book plot on wiki and was surprised that they kept most of it.

Read the part 2 plot on wiki and my head exploded. I wonder if they're gonna make the movie that dark.

The film has me wanting to pick up the book

If part 2 is as dark as ya'll are saying then it's a must

With the success of pt.1, I sure hope the 2nd half can follow suit. Even with the change of tone in pt.2, I'm happy to learn that we won't completely lose that 'Stand By Me'/' Stranger Things' vibe (Which was one of the key elements of this films success in my opinion) with the inclusion of 1989 flashbacks.

If they can get this next chapter right, this will be one of the best Horror movie remakes to date.

Last edited:
An IT Director’s Cut Is On The Way

“There’s a great scene, it’s a bit of a payoff of the Stanley Uris plot which is the bar mitzvah, where he delivers a speech against all expectations… it’s basically blaming all the adults of Derry [for the town’s history of deadly ‘accidents’ and child disappearances], and it has a great resolution… Maybe it will be in the director’s cut!”

Stephen King’s novel spans over 1,000 pages, so there surely is a lot of material that had to be cut off for the theatrical release, which ended up running 2 hours and 15 minutes. As for how long this extra-material could be, Andrés shared it’s probably “an extra 15 minutes for hardcore fans,” including a “very funny” extended version of the quarry scene – or, the spitting contest prior to jumping off a cliff.

Last edited:
Just got back from watching IT and loved every bit of it. Loved the switch to the 80's and movie lots of laughs. Dopest scene was def the garage scene.

Back
Top Bottom