It's a sad day..... New Air Jordan's Zero Hype

In about 10 years when and if they retro these, then there is hype. There's never hype on sig releases. It's a new concept that we arent used to. Wewant OG retro CW's with Nike Air, back in the days when our man MJ wore them. Jordan never wore these, thats another reason why many wont cop and thereaint no hype. But I will be copping at shoetrends for 165. Not for retail though.

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by cobrab19

does anybody remember when the air jordan xi came out?they sat on shelves as well.because nobody liked the patant leather on a basketball shoe,keep that in mind

This is a NT myth. The XI's sold very well as a whole orignally.
more of both. alot of people had them, but also alot of stores had them on shelves more than a month after RD.....
My guess is that you're not old enough to remember the original XI drop. The original XI's sold very well. Why do you think there wassuch high demand for them to retro in 2000?

No one lined up for shoes in those days, and plenty of excellent selling shoes stayed on shelves for months. As a matter of fact, please educate us all andtell us which shoes sold out immediately in the mid 90's...

its JB's transition time~
they dont care if our sneaker head cop em or not~
JB's sales will come bak pretty soon, once the new generation of sneaker lovers pick up the line.
JB is looking into the future, they r looking at those ppl we called them "Kids" for now.

does anybody remember when the air jordan xi came out?they sat on shelves as well.because nobody liked the patant leather on a basketball shoe,keep that in mind

more of both. alot of people had them, but also alot of stores had them on shelves more than a month after RD.....
My guess is that you're not old enough to remember the original XI drop. The original XI's sold very well. Why do you think there was such high demand for them to retro in 2000?

No one lined up for shoes in those days, and plenty of excellent selling shoes stayed on shelves for months. As a matter of fact, please educate us all and tell us which shoes sold out immediately in the mid 90's...

dude i'm not trying to argue. yes the xi's were HOT but they weren't like the black red iv's or cement when they dropped. the xi's stilldid the best compared to any other sig shoe besides the iv's which were crazy. and yes the iv's were still on shelves for a sec.

i saw that you said that they "sat on shelves" as a myth but i remember going shopping on fridays thinking if i should cop and everytime i went tothe shoe stores there they were on the shelf......

I remember getting the og concords two weeks after release date. I also remember getting to the mall an hour early to get the og black/red XI's and stillhaving to drive to another mall and 3 stores before getting a pair.

I think the main reason or part of the reason is because it's not a numbered jordan! I will probably get a pair to play ball but will wait till they dropin price!

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Originally Posted by MOSHOESHOE78

NIKE AIR time... Do it JB..
Be careful for what you wish for.

You'll know what I'm talking 'bout when that time comes around. But rumors are, they are going to do this 'Nike Air' logo thing (which I highly doubt).

Cosign
pimp.gif

there is hype its just not coming from us......ive seen the new commercial about 50 times today.....my latest slam issue came today and there was alittle ? andanswer with MJ and the new designer......slam asked if the price point is too high and MJ said not really the last few releases were at $175(23s were $185 butwhats $10 to him?)but he said they'll wait and see if its too high and if so they will have to adjust.........interesting little interview...check it out!!

just give us retro ... jordan 2009 dnt even sense to me..... so many pairs ya cn cme up with... but understand it ll have to be done slowly....
i really have no interest what so ever in any of the j's the man didnt ball in... just my opinion ...

I'm always looking forward to a JB release no matter what they call it. "2K9" or "AJ24" we all know what it is and who it represents.I've always been easy on Mikes sig shoes because he's always been my favorite player. I'm always willing to give the kicks a chance....But, theseare terrible! They might be a well made basketball shoe but who wants to spend $190 on a pair you can't wear out because they're damn ugly anddon't want to take on court because there gonna get mauled on in the first 15 minutes of real play?!

Like I said I'm always willing to give the shoes a chance. I don't really mind the 6 rings or mind the fusions (no I don't own a pair of either). But, I'm really starting to feel the same way most of you do now that I've seen these eye sores in person. I'm still looking forward to good retroreleases but I'm not feeling so good about the future designs coming from JB.

It is sad. Seven shoes released today and none are worth copping. It's also a shame that the best shoe released today was the Portland 6 Rings. The2K9's are a HUGE disappointment. NDC still has an FSR. Can't wait to cop...for $130 or less.

I did cop the 2009's but hardly for 190. But on other note I've never seen a signature Jordan still have a FSR on eastbay, footlocker, finishline,footaction, champs sports, pickyourshoes, shoetrends, uptempoair, sneakerhead, and Nike. Not too mention most of the online sellers minus the chain stores areselling below retail. Call it recession, I call it going in the wrong direction. There's only one man that can make J's and that's Tinker.Don't believe me? Why the hell were cats camping out for days for those XX3's? Not too mention these limited 2009's I believe are still available.Sad day indeed.

Jordan Brand has lost me with all this limited/quickstrike crap.
Everything new they make sucks and is overpriced.
There are so many retros that I would have attempted
to buy last year if they had not been in packs, overpriced, and limited.
Jordan Brand has already lost my business to Nike Retro.
dg1khw.jpg

9k8hl2.jpg

We'll see if JB can come through with GR True Blues and white/cement IVs.

eh i sorta feel the 2k9's, hopefully Jordan is possibly cooking up some things for us in the future. couple months from now there's gonna be 3's,2's, etc

I bought the 2k9 today (when u wear a size 14, its hard to take any chances)

The shoe itself is excellent, killed only but its funky heel look in profile.

The overall quality is top notch, with great attention paid to detail. Some pairs come with glue spots here and there - just brush them off.

The only issue I have with them - its that they bring nothing NEW to the table.

$190? Please pay attention to what other companies are doing in this economic climate JB - stop going up and up, especially when demand is down.

In my opinion, these use the tech and design from yesteryear, and easily could have been the AJ 17.

All black 2k9 will be DSed...White Blacks will be worn

Back
Top Bottom