IT'S OFFICIAL - Nike Foamposite Max/Duncans Retro All Blacks Release Black Friday $225

Status
Not open for further replies.
So foams we pay $200 for are more worth it than these??? Yes the price increase sucks but to say they aren't worth half? I don't know about that. Of course they aren't as good as OGs, that's a no brainer but they are true to form, comfortable and still tanks that will last forever. I don't regret my purchase

I am scooping them, I like how they feel and I have a feeling they are going to last me a while. I have taken into account the fact that they (Nike) want to keep us buying what THEY think should be out on the streets and to me, this is a way to keep up with recent times as well as being one step behind in terms of prices

Spoiler [+]
Plus I don't have to pay retail.

Hope these help. I am not sure on the 3M, if it is there I will be pretty satisfied.

Those golds would be an instant cop for me but a smoke sole would make them look better. I'm still wondering whether I'm going to regret passing on these.

I need these, but that 250 price tag is making it easier to say no for now
frown.gif

I'm gonna have to skip these for now with everything else coming out. If any make it to outlets, I'll try my best to cop then.

Originally Posted by beh235

Ok, so here's my take on them. Saw them at work tonight. I looked at them thoroughly and they are NOT worth the $225 plus tax. Soles are good, the upper....is a different story. The foamposite material feels very cheap, definitely not worth $225. I did this in comparison to my OG pair. It's like night and day, and in my opinion anyone paying that price for those kicks is a damn fool, but then again I have a pair and it's different when you have a pair and when you don't. Either way the OG really is better and that's not some "oh I have OG's and hate retros stuff". That's just my two cents on the matter if anyone cares....

Who gives a $&@& !! Its worth it to some.... If not worth it to you , that's cool..wouldn't call people fools that got the money for these .... I actually can't wait

The more I see these, the more I wonder if these won't sell out, and get discounted eventually. There has to be a line somewhere between what the retro market is demanding and what people will pay. They weren't the most popular kicks back in the day, they were like a niche within a niche. These will sell, I just wonder to what degree. $225 with tax is NO joke, and there's so much heat coming out within the next couple of months, makes me wonder.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Ok, so here's my take on them. Saw them at work tonight. I looked at them thoroughly and they are NOT worth the $225 plus tax. Soles are good, the upper....is a different story. The foamposite material feels very cheap, definitely not worth $225. I did this in comparison to my OG pair. It's like night and day, and in my opinion anyone paying that price for those kicks is a damn fool, but then again I have a pair and it's different when you have a pair and when you don't. Either way the OG really is better and that's not some "oh I have OG's and hate retros stuff". That's just my two cents on the matter if anyone cares....

Who gives a $&@& !! Its worth it to some.... If not worth it to you , that's cool..wouldn't call people fools that got the money for these .... I actually can't wait

It was my opinion, obviously you can't handle your emotions.    

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

I disagree..I think these would look crazy if there was a gold colorway similar to fp1s...gold upper that changes color (like fp1s and pines) with a black midsole

Ging mayhem...we need a ps lol
nerd.gif
wink.gif

6193029321_bb158b9442_o.jpg

25i3exy.jpg

dope
pimp.gif

can you do one thats royal blue like the foam pros
wink.gif

Yeah.... The royals would be crazy ! It was some fakes around years ago dudes was wearing... I use to think to myself that I wish nike would do that colorway...

And these were done in Royal back in 05. Why do that again? Those were horrible. I'm not feelin that gold PS either btw.

Dilemmas! Dilemmas! Dilemmas!

The Foamposite Max turned out better than I expected, but for that price, I can also buy 2 pairs of Black/Volt Max 2009's and a pair of Black/Red Lebron 8 V1's. So 3 shoes for 260 or 1 pair for 250. 

Common sense will tell me 3 comfy shoes > 1 Total Foamposite Max

Its still a tough decision because I like all 4.

Pickyourshoes.com has a few sizes as well, thats about 5 or 6 sites that will have them.

I really don't see these selling out right away

Since there's not anything I really want(Zoom Rookie's) until the III's, I don't have a problem paying the $225.

If it wasn't blue and was silver like the previous retro I would probably skip them. Plus I prefer these to the black ones. Though that might change come winter time.

Originally Posted by s dubl

I need these, but that 250 price tag is making it easier to say no for now
frown.gif

same sentiment ive been thinking.   these not being on swoosh threw a huge wrench in my plans.

for those copping at retail, discounted, or whatever price your paying, as long as your happy with the shoes  that's all that matters though.

even if i don't get them now, i'll get them sometime down the line, but im trying  key word here TRYING to manage my money better for the time being
laugh.gif

I remember seeing these exact shoes for $90 in Chicago and still no one wanted them. I wouldn't pay over a 100 for these, ever.

And these were done in Royal back in 05. Why do that again? Those were horrible. I'm not feelin that gold PS either btw.
we got it the first time u said it, relax...it was JUST a Ps.
laugh.gif

Maryland (PG, Largo, etc.) looking REEAAALLY thick right about now.

Bammas is out chea.

I guess the DMs in the area got permission to let them go at midnight tonight.

Shim Shim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom