....It's the ROC...it is?....

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

After securing a new deal with Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella Records, Jadakiss began recording in 2008. After multiple push backs, the album was given an April 7, 2009 release date.
Hmm...

so what happens now?

Guess we'll have to wait for KleanKicks to come in here with his insider info since he's on of the MANY brainiacs ruining sure shot projects over @ IDJ as we speak...

There prolly havin a meeting right now about the AMAZING work they've been doin in the genre
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

and if Wiz was smart he'd just go with Spitta to that Roc situation. Releasing these mixtapes constantly aint gonna get you nowhere my dude. Ya buzz is at an all time high right now. Just ink somewhere and put out hard product.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Naw Jay is too rich to rekindle anything with broke $+$ dame or broke $+$ curren$y

how is dame "broke" don't you know that you have to PAY def jam to once again have da power to use that label?

dame had that roc chain in da damn attic collecting dust, if he was "broke" that joint would've been pawned quick.
broke is a relative term...i mean not too long ago there were coming for his cars and condos...then his wife left and she was prob the bread winner at the time-

and what do you mean pay Def Jam?  He basically signed a deal with them to use it...he didn't buy it back from them or anything...it wasn't being used, def jam owns it...why not let Dame run with it...if he makes it pop they all profit-  if anything it had to hurt him to have to do that...you know he has ill feelings toward Def Jam and now he gotta work under them again...

and
laugh.gif
@ Jay owing - the tours popped off and the artists under RocNation are being developed still...aint nobody expect J Cole to being a multi plat artist in the time since they signed the deal...

Not sure about Dame's wife being the bread winner. Dame owns a substantial part of that company. But divorce and child support will take their toll on him. 
Plus, just because Dame wasn't putting out records doesn't mean he wasn't making residual paper from his Roc days. As it's been widely noted, he does on the master to Reasonable Doubt. 

I figured this would be getting $#%# on in here. I'm surprised it's not. 

It's a smart move to take control of that established brand again. 
the Rachel part was kinda facetious but it prob wasn't off by much...

And I was disagreeing with the "broke" part...i mean compared to Jay-z yea he was broke....but not compared to most NTers....

lastly i dont know about the "established brand" thing - i mean nobody is buying records anymore off the strength of what label its on...if people rock with currency they'll cop but somebody is not gonna just see Roc-a-Fella and give it a chance ....

again more power to him...but i see this as a move aimed at irritating jay more than anything...he was doing his little "blac- roc" indy thing...now hes back up under Def Jam-

we'll see...interesting to see how it works out...the website is prob dated but it still lists Jay Z, Jadakiss, Kayne, and Beans as roc artists

I kind of agree and disagree. I think you can still see brand power. Cash Money. Young Money. 
Problem is, Roc A Fella has been dormant for so long, and most will know it's not the same. But it's not a bad thing persay. Time will tell. 
yea time will tell and its mostly opinions BUT i will say  CM/YM has the MAIN prize horses in the stable that bring the attention to others...Wayne is the reason any of them other people are getting heard from now...and Drake is a superstar in his own right and coulda been signed to really whoever... but the combo of wayne and drake bring attention to the nikki minajs, jae mills, etc etc

so it's not really just label association like it was before with the powerhouses like Roc, Ruff Ryders, No Limit etc etc

Originally Posted by flossb15

This article is seems to think Wiz is already signed

http://nymag.com/daily/en...w_business_model_ma.html

That's an interesting article...

I wouldn't doubt Wiz signin with Atlantic, it sounds like a good move...

But if its not true, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Roc...

& hopefully part of the business that Jim & Cam discuss includes Dip Set makin its return to the Roc, that would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Deuce King

ninjahood wrote:

Deuce King wrote:

honestly i think jadakiss would've been taken cared ALOT better on cash money when baby and wayne were courting him.

Same way Jae Millz is being take care of by Baby and Wayne right??

do you see jae millz missing meals? that dude's ego is da biggest i've ever seen it..son is PROUD to be da tony yayo cashmoney/young money...so imagine

a actual rap monster like jadakiss.

I can't even disrepect Tony Yayo (Nay Nimbley) like that by referring to Jae Millz as such.  As least Yayo was allowed to drop an album, Jae Millz............not so much.  Jae Millz aint drop an album on Cash Money and dam sure never will drop an album on Cash Money.  His one and only job is the clean the bathrooms in the Cash Money/Young Money offices, if he has an ego over that than more power to him.  Jada did good numbers with his last release so thus far he's doing good being on the Roc.  

jada would've done BETTER numbers on cash money..everything else you said about jae millz is all relative, he knows he ain't dropping anytime soon, but he's so content

about getting show money and keeping his buzz with his mixtape releases that he don't really care "don't ask when i'm dropping my album, i got a a gold plaque for

da young money album."

I highly doubt that, Jada is an East Coast artist who's main following is in the East Coast.  If you were to break down the percentage of his sold records by region on his last release I would be certain that my statement would support this claim.  Him being signed to Cash Money would have done next to nothing for him, he did the right thing by signing to Def Jam/Roc which was in the best position to give him a good push.  Speaking of mixtapes, Jada's just released as you know while your boy Jae Millz is reduced to getting clowned by a bunch of upcoming rappers for his recent comments.  Based upon that, it's quite clear to see that Jada is in a better position than him.

So Jada signin with a team that's winning would've been a BAD move...

But signin to a sinking ship put him into the BEST position??
Spoiler [+]
jay-z-memphis-bleek.jpg

So I guess you can explain his current situation for us then...

Provided you do wipe the sleep out of Steadman's eyes in the morning and all...

^But Freeway was dealing with Baby n Cash Money n look what came of that....Cash Money got a history of mishandling rappers, Jada doing that would have been a poor move if u ask me...

just being strictly a Def Jam artist like the rest of them dudes is good enough exposure...only other thing to do wud be independent, aint like dude havent reached his potential already... its almost his time to bow out

Freeway & Jada aren't the SAME type of artists...

Jada has always had the ability to crossover or atleast attempt to since the Bad Boy days...

And lets not forget the AMAZING job Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam did with Free At Last
eyes.gif

You make it seem as if Jada signed to G-Unit or something, now that's truly a sinking ship NEVER to rise again..........and for good reason.  As you and others have explained on here countless times before Jada did better than expected with The Last Kiss numbers wise, so obviously he did something right.  I know it's difficult for you and a few others on here to do but give credit where credit is due, trust me you'll feel alot better after you do so
wink.gif

As far as CM/YM goes, you got Wayne and Drake doing good, but the rest of that roster aint doing nothing and never will.  Gudda, Jae Millz, Tyga, and the rest of those clowns won't ever see the light of day so they better live it up now cause they'll be left for dead soon enough.  Drake doesn't even really claim the rest of the crew like that besides Nikki and Wayne so that alone should tell you something. 

^^

G Unit is "a sinking ship NEVER to rise again"? Banks has a Top 20 record right now. INDEPENDENTLY. 
Where you live at?

G Unit is "a sinking ship NEVER to rise again"?

When there's no CAPTAIN to steer the ship, eventually the ship falls of course, which they have and are sinking quick.  Good for Banks that he has a Top 20 record right now, I'm glad to hear it but Banks is treadmilll status. 

^^

G Unit is "a sinking ship NEVER to rise again"? Banks has a Top 20 record right now. INDEPENDENTLY. 
Where you live at?

laugh.gif
Its a top 20 RAP song but let's not act like its top 20 because of G-Unit. Its top 20 because of Banks. Had Yayo dropped the same song with the hook it would've went nowhere.

You make it seem as if Jada signed to G-Unit or something, now that's truly a sinking ship NEVER to rise again..........and for good reason.  As you and others have explained on here countless times before Jada did better than expected with The Last Kiss numbers wise, so obviously he did something right.  I know it's difficult for you and a few others on here to do but give credit where credit is due, trust me you'll feel alot better after you do so
wink.gif

As far as CM/YM goes, you got Wayne and Drake doing good, but the rest of that roster aint doing nothing and never will.  Gudda, Jae Millz, Tyga, and the rest of those clowns won't ever see the light of day so they better live it up now cause they'll be left for dead soon enough.  Drake doesn't even really claim the rest of the crew like that besides Nikki and Wayne so that alone should tell you something. 

So 50's album posted the WORST sales of his career has outsold EVERY Def Jam release since The Recession... Of course 50's finished, but the guys he's outselling are the ones makin ALL the RIGHT moves??
eyes.gif

Now lets downplay what Baby & Wayne have done with Cash Money & Young Money while we're at it...

Talkin bout rosters that'll NEVER do nothing, how many BORN flunkies has Steadman signed in the past 5 years... 

laugh.gif
Its a top 20 RAP song but let's not act like its top 20 because of G-Unit. Its top 20 because of Banks. Had Yayo dropped the same song with the hook it would've went nowhere.
Translation:
Lets downplay ANYthing positive associated with G Unit, the minute Banks does somethin bad/wrong its gonna be "50/G Unit takes an L"

wink.gif

So 50's album posted the WORST sales of his career has outsold EVERY Def Jam release since The Recession... Of course 50's finished, but the guys he's outselling are the ones makin ALL the RIGHT moves??
eyes.gif

Now lets downplay what Baby & Wayne have done with Cash Money & Young Money while we're at it...

Talkin bout rosters that'll NEVER do nothing, how many BORN flunkies has Steadman signed in the past 5 years... 

laugh.gif
Translation:
Lets downplay ANYthing positive associated with G Unit, the minute Banks does somethin bad/wrong its gonna be "50/G Unit takes an L"
So you're telling me Beamer, Benz or Bentley has become a successful song because of his affiliation with G-Unit? So why isn't Curtis himself reaping the benefits of being affiliated with G-Unit? Its a hit because its a catchy club banger. I won't lie I didn't even know he was still on G-Unit after I heard he got dropped from Interscope. I thought he was doing his own %!# because you rarely see a G-Unit rapper drop a single with someone on another label.

Lemme get this right, when you think of 50, you think of G Unit...

But when you think of Lloyd Banks you think of... Gang Green??

Lloyd Banks IS G Unit, so for yall to not aknowledge that just makes you appear to be some type of ****** (which I wouldn't doubt)...

He DID get dropped by Interscope, now there callin back...

eyes.gif

Actually yeah, some of the guys that 50 is outselling are the ones making the right moves given their individual situations.  Not everyone is expected to go Gold or Plat., especially in this day and age because they don't have the same expectations as 50.  50 Cent on the other hand is expected to put up big numbers but unfortunately this time around champ he didn't do quite so well, much to your and 50's dismay.

Lloyd Banks IS G Unit, so for yall to not aknowledge that just makes you appear to be some type of ****** (which I wouldn't doubt)...

Yayo, nobody even thinks about the Unit no more but you and Curtis. On some real @@@. G-Unit has become so irrelevant that I don't even think about them w hen I see that Banks video. Just like I don't see Rocafella when I see a Kanye video. Banks finally stepping out on his own. Or so it looks that way anyway. It may still be G-Unit but due to their irrelevance I don't see them anymore when I see a Banks video and the majority of the public feels the same way being that Beamer, Benz or Bentley has already surpassed any song he's released post "On Fire" and "Karma" from his debut album. Nothing on that Rotten garbage even charted.

i don't know about ya'll, but time hasn't been kind to everyone on the "old Roc"
i could do without hearing em. bring on the new! keep the integrity, is what Dame is all about.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Yayo, nobody even thinks about the Unit no more but you and Curtis. On some real @@@. G-Unit has become so irrelevant that I don't even think about them w hen I see that Banks video. Just like I don't see Rocafella when I see a Kanye video. Banks finally stepping out on his own. Or so it looks that way anyway. It may still be G-Unit but due to their irrelevance I don't see them anymore when I see a Banks video and the majority of the public feels the same way being that Beamer, Benz or Bentley has already surpassed any song he's released post "On Fire" and "Karma" from his debut album. Nothing on that Rotten garbage even charted.

G Unit is a trio...

How can you EVER disassociate Banks from the Unit??

You Ns kill me with your brainless antics...                                                             

Back
Top Bottom