IYO,Can a person be gay, yet be a legitimate, practicing,Jew, Christian, or Muslim?

I'm currently just beginning to study the NT so Im not in the position to say anything about this subject. but the little i know, i would say yes. We're not all perfect, Im a Christian and a Sinner. Jesus says no one is righteous, meaning everyone is gonna fall short. It's the believers job to pray for forgiveness.

I also hate when i see christians quote OT. because Atheists/nonbelievers come back w/ the harsh laws and they have the nerve to say it's not in the NT making them look stupid
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

I'm currently just beginning to study the NT so Im not in the position to say anything about this subject. but the little i know, i would say yes. We're not all perfect, Im a Christian and a Sinner. Jesus says no one is righteous, meaning everyone is gonna fall short. It's the believers job to pray for forgiveness.

I also hate when i see christians quote OT. because Atheists/nonbelievers come back w/ the harsh laws and they have the nerve to say it's not in the NT making them look stupid
laugh.gif

smh.gif

What about Jews and Muslims? They don't have the luxury of the new testament.

I think what you mean to ask is "can someone practice homosexuality and still be acceptable to God?"

If you read the Bible and believe that it is God's word on how we should live our lives, no you are not living acceptable to God.

I cannot speak for other religions that do not follow the Bible as God's word.

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

nigerian atheist? eeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Because the Ibo people have any historical connection to the Judeo-Christian religions......NT never ceases to amaze me. Because before the Europeans colonized Africa, most of my ancestors had already accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

For the record I'm not atheist, I'm a "Strict agnostic".

africa-religion-map-not-accurate.jpg

West Africans historically, have looked to nature and the spirits of their ancestors spiritually than some guy, thing or trinity in the sky pulling strings. If my ancestors are out there, I hope they are watching over me. I doubt it, but I hope so.

Ill say it again. The point of the original post is not about whether any of these religions are valid or believable.

For the sake of argument, lets just assume we live in a strange world where they are.

if you are gay (homosexual) u have no religion..........................................

Originally Posted by Cz7

Ill say it again. The point of the original post is not about whether any of these religions are valid or believable.

For the sake of argument, lets just assume we live in a strange world where they are.
I honestly don't know the answer to this question. However if someone say the answer is no, they can't be Christians....I have already provided examples of absurd rules in the bible that are somewhat easy to break.

With that being said a distinction needs to be made between Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Islam and Judaism are "older" religions that Christianity.....Christianity from my understanding is more tolerant.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Cz7

I honestly don't know the answer to this question. However if someone say the answer is no, they can't be Christians....I have already provided examples of absurd rules in the bible that are somewhat easy to break.

With that being said a distinction needs to be made between Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Islam and Judaism are "older" religions that Christianity.....Christianity from my understanding is more tolerant.

as it pertains to Christianity, if you look at the verse I cited in my OP from 1 corinthians 6, which christians hold to be canonical along with the rest of  theNT, it seems just as intolerant as the old testament.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

as it pertains to Christianity, if you look at the verse I cited in my OP from 1 corinthians 6, which christians hold to be canonical along with the rest of  theNT, it seems just as intolerant as the old testament.

The bible was written by men, a lot of things are said in the bible based on the writer's own agenda, values and prejudices.

With that being said, based on the fundamental teaching of Jesus Christ....would he shun and alienate homosexuals? Wasn't this the guy that saved a prostitute from getting stoned and spoke the infamous "Let who is without sin, cast the first stone" line.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

The bible was written by men, a lot of things are said in the bible based on the writer's own agenda, values and prejudices.

With that being said, based on the fundamental teaching of Jesus Christ....would he shun and alienate homosexuals? Wasn't this the guy that saved a prostitute from getting stoned and spoke the infamous "Let who is without sin, cast the first stone" line.

Of course the bible was written by men, but christians hold it to be the infalliable word of God with no human agenda despite the obvious fact that it does have a human agenda. Christians generally wouldn't admit that paul's letter were influenced by his own agendas (even though it seems to athiest like me, and agnostics like you that they were), because they hold it to be the infalliable word of God. So assume you are a christian that believes as such, would you still say the same? Thats what I'm trying to get at.

To your second point All of the NT was written by men, including the gospels and supposed words and actions of Christ. So your second point is not really consistent if you want to say paul's epistles are based on his agenda, the fundamental teaching of Christ is also based on the gospel writers agenda and thus not of any greater worth or value. 

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

I can only answer for Islam.

Islamically, you're relationship with God is very personal.  No one can say you aren't a Muslim because you do x,y,z.  Being a Muslim only means submitting to the will of God.

Everybody's situation is different, and therefore will be judged as such.  And since God is most merciful, most forgiving, who is to say whether you will go to Hell or not? 

All that being said, having homosexual thoughts is not against Islam; but acting on those urges is.  If it is an urge truly beyond you're control, then I don't think God can't judge you for it.  But if you can suppress these urges, and don't, then repentance is the obvious route.
perfect answer, bravo!

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Aren't all sins equal? There isn't a sin that's worse than the other. Therefore, if you have Christians who happen to lie or who steal or who commit adultery, why wouldn't a homosexual be considered a legitimate Christian?
No not at all, thats like saying murder is as bad as a misdemeanor. Every sin is weighted differently and god is the only one who can judge

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

Of course the bible was written by men, but christians hold it to be the infalliable word of God with no human agenda despite the obvious fact that it does have a human agenda. Christians generally wouldn't admit that paul's letter were influenced by his own agendas (even though it seems to athiest like me, and agnostics like you that they were), because they hold it to be the infalliable word of God. So assume you are a christian that believes as such, would you still say the same? Thats what I'm trying to get at.

To your second point All of the NT was written by men, including the gospels and supposed words and actions of Christ. So your second point is not really consistent if you want to say paul's epistles are based on his agenda, the fundamental teaching of Christ is also based on the gospel writers agenda and thus not of any greater worth or value. 
I was playing devil's advocate and trying to spin my own interpretation of the bible positively.....none of it matters or makes sense to me. I only make an input when people attempt to make their own interpretations to alienate others and perpetuate violence and hatred.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/lgbt/index.htm

Did you know?

* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death forhomosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-maritalsex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

Did you know?

* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death forhomosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-maritalsex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.
APPLAUD THIS MAN

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

Did you know?

APPLAUD THIS MAN
and dolphins will gang rape a dolphin that has strayed from their pod... maybe they learned from humans?

I still dont agree that we can or should look to animals to see how we should conduct ourselves. Completely different topic though..

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I still dont agree that we can or should look to animals to see how we should conduct ourselves. Completely different topic though..

you should act however you see fit.  you don't need another person to tell you how to conduct yourself. 

Back
Top Bottom