J. Cole is insanely boring

Man, some of y'all dudes sound like y'all are trying to find a reason to be attracted to the guy.

Plain and simple, he can rap. His appeal is that he is a hard-worker. If I ever wanna be motivated, I just throw on "The Warm Up"

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Plain and simple, he can rap.

A lotta _'s can rap G.
Longevity is another story. Right now, I'm not sure after the "Jay-Z's new artist" appeal wears off that he has staying power to remain on everyone's mind. Like I said, I like the dude and all but being honest...there's not really anything about him that stands out for everyone to be running around like this dude is the next Nas.

im looking forward to j. cole's album more than any other this year (thank me later included).

i just feel a lot of new music is 'safe'...I listened to J.Cole a few times but I didnt take much from his music...

Boring?!?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

i feel like i really have to be in the mood to listen to some j. cole

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

and lupe isnt boring because of his flow...
hmm that's interesting...i personally LOVE J. Cole's flow...everybody likes different stuff tho i suppose.
agreed..i think Coles flow is
pimp.gif

and like dudes said...im looking forward to Cole's album more than any other artist this year.(except Em)

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Oh, one more comment. Only thing I dont like about Jay Cole is the over use of cursing.

THIS

It wasn't until a little while ago I realized that dude really does curse a lot and its to the point where you think hes using it to make himself seem even more hard...its actually not THAT cool...Especially when a rap fan notices it you're kinda like...
grin.gif
...we get it bro...

maybe over more hyped beats will bring the best out

the beats he makes are more slower / smooth

needs some hype /energy to match his hungry

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

i been sayin this... his album is never gonna drop... not on roc nation...
same ___ without a deal talkin about another dude. Are you even gonna ever get signed? how are you always talking.

and what more do you want OP. Do you wanna lean with it rock with it snap more, or do you want some Drake $%%+ or do you want some real music like he is doing or do you want backpack music? Just shutup already. You dudes a complain about anything.

This man is quoted for truth

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Oh, one more comment. Only thing I dont like about Jay Cole is the over use of cursing.

THIS

It wasn't until a little while ago I realized that dude really does curse a lot and its to the point where you think hes using it to make himself seem even more hard...its actually not THAT cool...Especially when a rap fan notices it you're kinda like...
grin.gif
...we get it bro...
these are the same people that complains about "yall hate on drake over the littlest things"
eyes.gif

I don't even know why yall continue to entertain these squares. You gotta be a real dude to appreciate Cole. Plain and simple.

I'd have to disagree... I think he's a good lyricist, I personally don't find him boring. His lyrics keep me into his music.

Boring isn't the word i'd use. I'll just say I haven't heard that song from that has me waiting on his debut. He's a solid rapper. I'd check the album out. But i'm just not excited for dude right now. I did dose off a few times on the Warm Up tape. I think on his album he's gonna have to get some energetic beats to keep the listeners attention. Get some Danja type beats or Polow type beats.

Can I Live > every song Drake has ever made
Negative ... I like Both but Drake puts songs together, J Cole rhymes better than Drake though
but when you talk about pure songs Drake is miles ahead - HoustonLantaVegas, Best I Ever Had, Successful, etc. are songs
Can I Live was someone else's beat basically a freestlye

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I don't even know why yall continue to entertain these squares. You gotta be a real dude to appreciate Cole. Plain and simple.

bagbombardment.gif

Shut the #*%% up. You gotta be a real dude to appreciate Nas? Raekwon? Styles P? Lupe? The list goes on. I swear some people don't think before they type which should be easy.

I like his music. thats all that matters. folks talkin about he not gonna sell...so what? what do it matter? S!!! over the past 5 years, most of my favorite music isnt released retail music anyway.

I Will purchase his album, just off the strength of his free S!!!. Im so glad he makes meaningful rap...."better get yaself some goals, you dudes better dream"

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Can I Live > every song Drake has ever made

so much truth in this thread

Yeah you're an idiot. I could post something pre-So Far Gone and J. Cole would be dropping punchlines trying to catch up. Don't even start.

Discounting one artist to support another doesn't fly. You're not supporting your cause, you're just trying to throw stones in someone elses yard when the house you're staying in isn't up to par.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Boringisn't the word i'd use. I'll just say I haven't heard that song fromthat has me waiting on his debut. He's a solid rapper. I'd check thealbum out. But i'm just not excited for dude right now. I did dose offa few times on the Warm Up tape. I think on his album he's gonna haveto get some energetic beats to keep the listeners attention. Get someDanja type beats or Polow type beats.
This.

Back
Top Bottom