January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

https://www.njpw1972.com/41579

Great interview with Tanahashi hyping his match with Kenny.

“Tanahashi: Tanahashi is like the original Nintendo, it all depends on your inputs. Everything that you manipulate is done entirely by your actions. But newer game devices have many automatic functions, you can pull off a combo just by pressing one button. That’s the difference between us. You either like flashy games, or games with depth.”

:lol: DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican this really is your man

vsv.png
:rofl:

• Jim Ross and Chris Jericho will be very involved with All Elite Wrestling, according to sources of rajah.com.

• Those sources also say AEW will “go hard” after WWE talent and other personnel. The promotion will feature a mix of younger wrestlers and legends, with Goldberg being a name on their wish list.

• Tony Khan, who rajah says is fronting the $100 million launch of the company, is using his media connections to try and secure a TV contract. They’re supposedly talking to Time Warner about getting on TBS/TNT.

• On Wrestling Observer’s Filthy Four Daily with Tom Lawlor, Bryan Alvarez said Vince McMahon is considering “switching up The New Day again”. He did caution that he’s thought about this in the past before deciding not to change the act, but was considering “doing something different” with the trio as recently as last week.

Dude got money to blow huh

Why goldberg tho? Should be someone with a better wrestling resume.

This should be interesting nonetheless

Dude got money to blow huh

Why goldberg tho? Should be someone with a better wrestling resume.

This should be interesting nonetheless
Funny I was just listening to Kevin Kelly speak on this. He said, "There are enough bafoons that go into the wrestling "business" that should be sitting in the stands. We don't need anymore wrestling fans starting up organizations. They all end up in the same place. We need someone with deep pockets that wants to make an investment."

Think about it, the biggest threat to WWF was funded by Ted Turner, not some wrestling geek with pimples on his face.

Here it here

The EGGSHELLS Podcast Companion is a series of shows exploring a different year in the wrestling history of the Tokyo Dome with a different guest each episode. Episode 30 sees Chris Charlton and Kevin Kelly look at 2018. In this final episode, with the top three matches for Wrestle Kingdom 13 in mind, the two look at the year that was for the six key players of WK12: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, Jay White, Tetsuya Naito and Chris Jericho. The podcast has been an audio companion to EGGSHELLS: Pro Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome, available now! -

https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/01/03/eggshells-podcast-companion-2018-w-kevin-kelly/

Last edited:
Funny I was just listening to Kevin Kelly speak on this. He said, "There are enough bafoons that goes into the wrestling "business" that should be sitting in the stands. We don't need anymore wrestling fans starting up organizations. They all end up in the same place. We need someone with deep pockets that wants to make an investment."

Here it here

The EGGSHELLS Podcast Companion is a series of shows exploring a different year in the wrestling history of the Tokyo Dome with a different guest each episode. Episode 30 sees Chris Charlton and Kevin Kelly look at 2018. In this final episode, with the top three matches for Wrestle Kingdom 13 in mind, the two look at the year that was for the six key players of WK12: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, Jay White, Tetsuya Naito and Chris Jericho. The podcast has been an audio companion to EGGSHELLS: Pro Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome, available now! -

https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/01/03/eggshells-podcast-companion-2018-w-kevin-kelly/

There are sooo many now, most are very similar as well. With contacts you got wrestlers every where at all promotions. There isnt these exclusive deals anymore. Its a wrestler market and they know that.

I was guna ask how MLW is? They had a show here in 2018 heard good things about it. They are guna do another one here in chicago soon.

Last edited:
Just woke up to get ready for work and now I’m really contemplating staying up all night to watch WK13 live :lol:

I just value sleep too much now that I have a kid this is gonna come down to the wire for me lol.

I’m down, if I’m gonna be the only one posting here like I’m @nomnom then I’m probably going to sleep :lol:

I really want to watch the main event live though. Might set my alarm for 4am to catch it.

I get up at 5am for work so I think getting up at 4 to watch the main event could work. Catch the rest of the card later in the day.

Back
Top Bottom