umm yeah it is... check this out.

Asylum in Japan

Listen 24 min Queue

Japanese flag.

Japanese flag.
( Flickr User bwjones) / flickr )
i

Dec 19, 2019
Matt Katz, WNYC reporter, talks about his reporting on refugees in Japan -- a country with an aging, shrinking population that needs workers, but is still inhospitable to outsiders. Japan admitted 42 refugees in 2019

https://www.wnyc.org/story/unsettled-japan/

This article was garbage. Him espousing on Twitter his personal views didn't help him. More and more countries are pushing back against asylum seeing the scam it is and the people it brings to your homeland.

They won't which is well within their right and has worked for their homogeneous society throughout their history.
Of course it’s their right. Didn’t say it wasn’t. Just saying that it isn’t going to help their current situation.

This article was garbage. Him espousing on Twitter his personal views didn't help him. More and more countries are pushing back against asylum seeing the scam it is and the people it brings to your homeland.

it still doesn't absolve Japan from basically being a gardened off country...they can do what they want, i believe in sovereignty...but there's consequences to that.

**** the work force
everyone so dramatic
let em live
america always tryna dictate how life should be
when we have a bunch of issues we aint fix
seems like we should take notes
Let them live? They're dying. There are villages out there where the youngest person is past the retirement age.

The real issue is that when everybody is old and unable to work, the workforce and tax base will shrink to the point where their society will simply die.

They got a 126m people on that island thats the size of Cali. And Cali got less that 40m people.
Overpopulation is a bihh over there bruh. But I get it...........with less people being born its gonna be hard to support the pension system

Last edited:
their immigration policy is more stringent than any country on Earth... that's not helping em either...they should've beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen poaching China's population.
Japanese people hate Chinese people

Not entering the workforce? Not having kids? Hmmmm I wonder why?

"You could work hard, and then the next day you’d get fired. It’s almost an obligation that at night time you go out with your boss or colleagues. Then the next day you’re back to work, and there’s that distance between everyone again. They behave more like machines, rather than humans. "

People are waking up all over the world. Too much of everything is in the hands of too few nobodies.

Last edited:
don’t think this a problem - i’m with the reversing population trend. The only downside for Japan specifically is that there’s not enough young people to fully support the older generation pension etcs. However, that is simply a resource allocation issue. If there’s way less people they can much more easily have housing solutions that better work for the country.

The bigger problem is the work and work and work and not connect with each other culture. This is something that’s destroying the Japanese the same way obesity and opioids are insidiously destroying the US.

Back
Top Bottom