Jar Jar Banks was a Sith Lord

I think it would be so dumb if jar jar was the sith the whole time, pay off would have been so anti-climatic....like this clumsy ***, stumblin, and stutterin fool has the power to destroy the universe huh.....

so you telling me qai-gon and obi-wan cant sense this foo's foos power while they standing right next to him....nahhhh

qai-gon sniffed out darth maul in a heart beat.......unless jar jar doing some dragonball z hiding my power level ****
(witch would be so corny) Im not buying it....

LOL at the kung fu comparissons....super reaching here.....

You know they didn't sense the sith overlord we know right?

1. It was all an act.
2. He was so raw he could conceal his power levels. DBZ characters did it all the time and no one ever called it corny.
3. I take it you've never seen Jackie Chan's Drunken Master. That exactly what every fight scene looked like.

im just not buying it, some of the refrences in the video were convenient, some were a stretch and some were legit holes in the film......I think its just a well thought out theory that conveniently fits with a little gullibility.

and bro I have seen drunken master, the OG and the remake...cmon dood thats the biggest stretch in the video

the "force jump" on the ledge, the jedi "hand gestures" c'mon son...... stretch Armstrong over here

You would think Jar Jar would have some some of appearance, significance, or reference, SOMETHING in episode 3-5 if he was indeed the ture sith lord....granted these were written before OBVIOUSLY but you think Lucas wouldn't intentionally cut a hole in his masterful episodes 3-5 with this "all powerful sith lord" that wast there previously?? NAHHHH

if Lucas was really aiming for this Jar Jar buildup, I can only imagine the reaction the grand reveal would have gotten :wow: :x

Damn.

Probably would've been on par with Vader revealing he's Luke's father in the Empire Strikes Back.

Jar Jar could've gotten a much better reception from the fans if they didn't make him look like some stereotypical Jamaican caricature with that doofy voice.

I personally don't think that video was a reach at all. The narrator had some very strong points.

I think it would be so dumb if jar jar was the sith the whole time, pay off would have been so anti-climatic....like this clumsy ***, stumblin, and stutterin fool has the power to destroy the universe huh.....
Well the whole point of reveals like that is after it happens he shows his true self which would most likely be not clumsy or a stuttering stammering fool.

so you telling me qai-gon and obi-wan cant sense this foo's foos power while they standing right next to him....nahhhh

qai-gon sniffed out darth maul in a heart beat.......unless jar jar doing some dragonball z hiding my power level ****
(witch would be so corny) Im not buying it....
If Jar Jar was suppose be a sith lord and his apprentice was Palpatine who also went by undetected in the movies it wouldn't be surprising that he fooled Jinn and especially Obi-Wan.

He would have been using the force on them in subtle ways so they wouldn't have even noticed.

While they've always said **** about sensing the force and it's strong or weak in some ppl there's no power levels or power detectors. That **** comes down to focused observation and deduction.

1. It was all an act.
2. He was so raw he could conceal his power levels. DBZ characters did it all the time and no one ever called it corny.
3. I take it you've never seen Jackie Chan's Drunken Master. That exactly what every fight scene looked like.

im just not buying it, some of the refrences in the video were convenient, some were a stretch and some were legit holes in the film......I think its just a well thought out theory that conveniently fits with a little gullibility.

and bro I have seen drunken master, the OG and the remake...cmon dood thats the biggest stretch in the video

the "force jump" on the ledge, the jedi "hand gestures" c'mon son...... stretch Armstrong over here

You would think Jar Jar would have some some of appearance, significance, or reference, SOMETHING in episode 3-5 if he was indeed the ture sith lord....granted these were written before OBVIOUSLY but you think Lucas wouldn't intentionally cut a hole in his masterful episodes 3-5 with this "all powerful sith lord" that wast there previously?? NAHHHH
I agree about the hand waves being use of the force being a reach.

I gotta ask though, what were the signs that Vader was Luke and Leia's father in the movies?

Could just be Lucas just aint about that foreshadowing life.

Last edited:
At this point, Lucas should just troll everyone and confirm it. He really got nothing to lose and it would blow all you anti-theory naysayers' minds.

It's all an imagination story thought up by one man at the end of the day. Just have fun with it.

Let the theorists flourish. Isn't it more entertaining than just bashing the prequels for all of eternity.

Last edited:
Those anti-theory guys strike me as Lucas haters (not all of them). If he came out and confirmed they'd just **** on him more and either say he was a coward for not doing it or call him a liar.

At this point it doesn't matter anymore. Doubt they'll resurrect the aborted idea now and Lucas is no longer involved.

This is just something cool to talk about in a what could've been sort of way.

I gotta ask though, what were the signs that Vader was Luke and Leia's father in the movies?

Leia definitely caught me off gaurd especially after they kissed in ESB..

honestly I cant even front and make up some BS response to make myself look right....

but I was born in 86, I was already familiar with the whole "i am your father" thing

"i've been waiting for you obi-wan, we meet again...at last, the circle is now complete, when I left you, I was but a learner now I am the MASTER"

this dialog basically set the tone for episode 1-3....foreshadowing like a mug

The jar jar theory is VERY convenient. Generated at the right time right before the movie comes out, good press.

Last edited:
its not relevant, but since we all star wars heads in here....:smokin

^^ this scene gave me chills watching it for the first time after seeing episode III, by far my favorite scene in the whole series.

"you should have not come back!" :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Ya'll heard of red letter media? Their reviews on the prequels are way more entertaining than the prequels themselves.

In it, they make a case that the prequels suck because Lucas tried to appeal to every demographic in one movie.

-More action to appeal to the star wars fan boys and male action fans
-Samuel L to bring in black people (who typically don't care for Star Wars as a demo)
-Natalie Portman in fancy clothes and dresses in an uncomplicated love story to appeal to the girls and younger women
-Jar Jar as the comic relief

He was a stupid bumbling idiot because he was the comic relief in an incredibly boring film filled with.....intergalactic space politics.

honestly I cant even front and make up some BS response to make myself look right....

but I was born in 86, I was already familiar with the whole "i am your father" thing

"i've been waiting for you obi-wan, we meet again...at last, the circle is now complete, when I left you, I was but a learner now I am the MASTER"

The jar jar theory is VERY convenient. Generated at the right time right before the movie comes out, good press.

Jesus, is that how all the fight scenes were like?

Snoozeville.

Ya'll heard of red letter media? Their reviews on the prequels are way more entertaining than the prequels themselves.

In it, they make a case that the prequels suck because Lucas tried to appeal to every demographic in one movie.

-More action to appeal to the star wars fan boys and male action fans
-Samuel L to bring in black people (who typically don't care for Star Wars as a demo)
-Natalie Portman in fancy clothes and dresses in an uncomplicated love story to appeal to the girls and younger women
-Jar Jar as the comic relief

He was a stupid bumbling idiot because he was the comic relief in an incredibly boring film filled with.....intergalactic space politics.
Sounds like it didn't suck because he tried to appeal to 4 different demographics. Sounds like it sucked because of boring intergalactic space politics :lol:

If the movie actually gave a balanced showing of those 4 things then we'd have a different trilogy. Just off action and a love story, there's no way you could churn out something boring. Comic relief should be sprinkled in and well I don't agree that one black actor could bring in a bigger black audience but hell Sam should've been in the movie more if that was being attempted or given we're talking 1999 George should've got Will Smith.

Last edited:
Samuel L Jackson has been in some pretty good movie series: Star Wars to Marvel. 

Interesting theory for sure, but there are a lot of reaches.

Especially the parts about Jar Jar mocking Qui Gon, like I'm pretty sure those were inserted as comic relief/for kids entertainment. And just because the homie Jar Jar can jump and maneuver like that doesn't necessarily mean he's a Jedi - we're talking about an infinite fictional universe here. 

I just re-watched the prequel trilogy in anticipation of Episode 7 - forgot how cringe worthy the love scenes are. Ugh. 

Ol Ben stays doin unnecessary spin moves during fights (.38)

Hope JJ keeps his word about the intensity of the lightsaber battles.

Rewatched 1-6 at work last week and they are so painfully slow (especially 4-6) it hurts.

For sure the Jar Jar story cannot progress from here because it would ruin the Anakin bringing balance to the force/chosen one premise. Unless they get really crafty and add some Vader covert actions that were put in place to defeat Jar Jar post Vader death. But that would be difficult.

Hope JJ keeps his word about the intensity of the lightsaber battles.

Rewatched 1-6 at work last week and they are so painfully slow (especially 4-6) it hurts.

4-6 are perfectly paced. You just prefer frenetic, CGI sploogefests that don't build up any tension, which is what the prequels are.

Was expecting this to be a crappy theory with incredible reaches but I'm actually very surprised at how plausible this theory is.

Back
Top Bottom