roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What lies did NaS tell in the "Stillmatic" Freestyle?? MC Search already disputed the !#%$ Jay said so I don't know if that is what you'rereferencing...

How are yall callin "Ether" playground !#%$ when its a response to !#%$ like
"You know who... Did you know what/
With you know who... But lets keep that netwwen me & you"...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NaS whining on Ether?? Jay is talkin about "since I will not lose, they try to help'em cheat"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
how do you cheat in a MC battle??

Gay-Z/Camel/Took Big's lyrics/You ugly/Foxy ain't like you Vs. I slept with your baby moms (and not in those words)/You haven't been relevant in 10years/You bi-polar throughout your career

I take the 2nd guy

i agree with the people who said last real N alive > BP2.
NaS ripped the stillmatic freestyle especially when he got at the whole "roc" camp.

Jay is on the radio...visiably shaken
laugh.gif

Superugly -"since you so infatuated wit sayin that GAy S!!! guess you was kissin my D when you was kissin that B!!!" (LMAO)
That's when he lost.

He was on the radio really sounding like he was about cry. Like, seriously...that was bad
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Then he hurries up and drops Super Ugly, which was the first time Chess Playing Hov seemed to do something out of anger or without thinking about it first.Ether, the radio interview and then Super Ugly were the 2st times the public looked at Jay like he wasn't "cool"...Nas took his cool away fromhim when the battle was on. That was really all he could really hold on to and Nas took that from him. I mean, the _ had to apologize for Super Ugly becausereally it was more disrespectful to Carmen than it was to Nas. I understand the whole "I popped you Baby Mom" @#**, but there's nothing Nas cando about that. That's on her. You can use it, but if your broad is reckless like that...let her fly. It's not like he was hugged up with her after thewhole thing went down. The whole thing, just made Jay look lame and emotional.

And notice how after Ether, _'s started feeling like it was OK to call Jay out. Like "Maybe I can take this _ too..." Nobody was going at Jaylike that before.

As for the song, it's crazy
eek.gif
but...it was a year later and he tried to recapture his cool on it. If he would've appeared that cool RIGHT afterEther dropped he would've got some points.

I wanna know when N's crowned Ether like that to even MAKE Jay drop Super Ugly?

Was it the Hot97 vote?!

Takeover was always > Ether

What does Carmen have to do with it?? Its an MC battle... I mean the SAME Carmen yall keep referencing said that Beyonce was tryin to get with NaS and hedissed her... Said she had awful breath or somethin... That's Jay's wife...

That %#%# means nothing in the grand scheme of things...

I think its safe to say the MAJORITY of hip hop fans considered "Ether" to be the track that won it for NaS... Are yall really gonna dispute thatnow??... Didn't Kanye come out and tell how sad of a day it was @ Roc A Fella when "Ether" dropped??...

Originally Posted by thegreatest92

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

how did nas win, jay left the condoms in his babies seat

haha word how did nas win if jay been smashing on carmen
Question mark on a question . . .

Nas won the RAP BATTLE!!! Him signing to Def Jam under Jay or Jay sleeping with his girl doesnt make him a winner of a rapbattle.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He was on the radio really sounding like he was about cry. Like, seriously...that was bad
smh.gif
Word, You don't sound like that after a W.
tired.gif

I mean in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor

.........and now in the year 2009 in the grand scheme of things who matters more??

Didn't Kanye come out and tell how sad of a day it was @ Roc A Fella when "Ether" dropped??...

Nah that was Memphis Bleek.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Can someone please explain to me how Ether was a better diss track than takeover??
Ether just had that shock factor that beat is on some sinister type stuff and Nas was just crackin on dude I think Jay was expectin some type ofsubliminal type diss song but Nas just came out with the 2Pac sample F Jay Z. The type of rapper jay is he was ready to go back

2. Ether was on every radio station they dam near promoted it as a single. Im speakin on the south nobody down here heard superugly but when I go play themthat diss they go
eek.gif

I see dudes in here defending Nas but they have Nas in they avy or sig and I see Jay stans with the same but all bias a side would you rather a dude say uugly, got big lips, steal lines from the best rapper ever or would you rather a dude reveal to the world that yo baby momma likes his dougie and she cosignsand writes a book. Years later u leave your label and guess who signs you that dude who was ruff ryding yo BM?

Like I said Jay was expecting some type of deep subliminal record from nas but he got playground jokes so Jay comes back with some playground suff withsuperugly

Jay lost the battle but won the war

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Can someone please explain to me how Ether was a better diss track than takeover??
Ether just had that shock factor that beat is on some sinister type stuff and Nas was just crackin on dude I think Jay was expectin some type of subliminal type diss song but Nas just came out with the 2Pac sample F Jay Z. The type of rapper jay is he was ready to go back

2. Ether was on every radio station they dam near promoted it as a single. Im speakin on the south nobody down here heard superugly but when I go play them that diss they go
eek.gif

I see dudes in here defending Nas but they have Nas in they avy or sig and I see Jay stans with the same but all bias a side would you rather a dude say u ugly, got big lips, steal lines from the best rapper ever or would you rather a dude reveal to the world that yo baby momma likes his dougie and she cosigns and writes a book. Years later u leave your label and guess who signs you that dude who was ruff ryding yo BM?

Like I said Jay was expecting some type of deep subliminal record from nas but he got playground jokes so Jay comes back with some playground suff with superugly

Jay lost the battle but won the war

I agree with most of what you said but it still stands in no way was ether better than takeover....

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I mean in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor
.........and now in the year 2009 in the grand scheme of things who matters more??

Is that how we're deciding who won a battle now? I can't decide lets see where they're at almost adecade from now
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
How it go again? "Even in a loss I will not lose"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Jay is my guy, but that is sooo true
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
It shocked me that he even came on air sounding like that. That more than anything made dude a loser. I felt mad that this ninja was from BKsounding like a lame with no self esteem. Stuttering and stammering, plus the way NaS handled his W and the whole battle didn't help dismissed him like hewasn't worth it to begin with.

I take facts over playground roasting. Although the beat to "Ether" was hot I like "Takeover" better. The Blueprint 2 was a sleeper though,the chorus & how late it dropped....... Jay won the battle & the war imo.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Didn't Kanye come out and tell how sad of a day it was @ Roc A Fella when "Ether" dropped??...

Nah that was Memphis Bleek.

Both of their last albums recieved almost identical reviews... Jay sold more units (thanks to the good people @ IDJ)... So their back to where they were in theearly 2000s running neck and neck...

Is that how we're deciding who won a battle now? I can't decide lets see where they're at almost a decade from now
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
How it go again? "Even in a loss I will not lose"
laugh.gif

You dudes really have to learn how to comprehend a simple statement, SMH. Where did I say that was the determining factor as to who won the battle........Ididn't. The point was made that Nas stated "in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor". With that being said inthe grand scheme of things right now in this current day and time Nas himself is not a factor by that rationale. Thus proving my point that Nas's originalpoint was/is invalid from the get go.

Both of their last albums recieved almost identical reviews... Jay sold more units (thanks to the good people @ IDJ)... So their back to where they were in the early 2000s running neck and neck...

Thanks to the good people @ IDJ huh. What label is Nas signed to currently?? Also, you keep stating that IDJ buys their artists albums yet you provide NOACTUAL PROOF of said speculation. You're almost as bad as these Republicans on here with their constant conspiracy theories based upon this and that, butat the end of the day it's nothing more than hearsay. Don't ever go into the field of prosecution Nay, you wouldn'tmake it based upon this experience with your lack of evidence. It's time you stop playing games and running with these wild accusations champ.

IDJ was exposed in the late 90s when Hard Knock Life dropped... I'm trying to figuire how some of you are that uninformed or have managed to block that outof your memory... IDJ has been doing this !%*! for 10 years... How is this news to ANYone??

I really don't think NaS cares a whole lot about "the war" as y'all so elequently put it. NaS has NEVER wanted to be like Jay. He seemscontent with who he is- he don't need what Jay has. Its the other way around if at all...Jigga always tried to imitate NaS and wanted his spot, but couldnever do it. So that point "won the battle, not the war" has always been mute in my book.

Back
Top Bottom