Jay-Z, America's Most Overrated Rapper?

Quote:
(plz don't bring up that biter business cuz I'll null that one)

go on then give me a couple of good examples of why we shouldnt call him a biter.
For real im too cool for a sig

hahahaa, the showed up in a newspaper? that's ridiculous. that @#%$ belongs in a blog. it's not even a review on the cd or anything. goodness...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

What makes you the best? That is all I want to know. Consistancy?( Every CD that he has someone argues it to be the best, and has a valid point about it) Album sales?(I believe 8 Platinum Cd's) Lyrcisim?(Listen to Reasonable Doubt and then American Gangster....and Blueprint...and Vol 1 2 3....Blueprint 2...and Dynasty....and Black Album...and Kingdom Come...and the various remixes, guest spots etc.) Flow?(Come on man to tell me Jigga isn't the top 5 is a hard statement to make, he switches up so much and it still works for him) Mic Presence?(When he comes on a track you already know what up) Performance?( Sold out Madison Square and gave one of the best Musical performances...not Rap but Musical) Marketability?( don't go there)

I think Jay is the best, simply because you name any Category...ANY HIP HOP CATEGORY and Jay is mention top 10 if not top 5. Look at it like this, give it a points system, Jay gets straight 4 across the board, yet Biggie gets a 1 in this one, and a 9 in this one, Pac gets a 1 in this one but a 6 in another, Rakim gets a 1 in a category but a 11 in another, the person with the best score is going to be Jay. And I know you really can't break it down in points like that but that is the best I can explain it.
My last sig was kind of cheesy....like this one is any less ...

Quote:
He seriously is the best rapper though.
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

My 1st addiction was GI Joes and icies after that it was light skinned girls and Nikes
Even tho I aleady ate, fat boy gotta eat agian. I'm always hungry! - Big Kuntry King

Quote:
you aint crazy, don't you play me?
don't you kow it's jay-z
when internet ask who the best
why won't you say me?
come on baby, come on baby, come on baby, dont you
"You might Ohsnapps88 for some cement 3's."​
Team SK3
We don't miss posts...we got auto updates.​

Lil Wayne, America's Most Overrated Rapper.
Murder gloves hide the fingerprint, but never the sin

Quote:
They were personalities; they had stories. Jay has little charisma and only one story, the one about how great he is.
Team Negrodamus
... because that's comin from a black man.
(Team Founder)
Buminator
"I'm so raunchy, b!+(# get off me, keep my flea collar on, little ticks get off me"

It's all regional man, cats on the east coast are all on Jay-Z's nuts. Meanwhile, I'm on the west coast and could care less about Jay-Z. I absolutely agree dude is overrated, in my opinion Jay -Z is part of what's wrong with hip hop. He sold out past the point of no return when he did those Budweiser commercials with Dale Earnhardt Jr. That ain't hip hop. That song sucked @#%$ too.
-DIGITALXXII

Jay Z - Best rapper ever.
End of conversation
Quote:
If cats was really fly like they believe themselves to be, They wouldn't be so dependent on "exclusives"...

Greatest rapper is all subjective anyways. Some may say Eminem is the greatest or Biggie, 2 Pac or even Kanye. I don't trip off all this greatest MC talk cause I really don't care. All I want is good music from these artists.
/// IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING///​

Its comedy how dudes sit here and hate on this man.....he's not on par wit big nas and wu tang.????? @#%$ are u puffin on.....?? He's overrated like 75% of the other hip hop artists? Please let me kno who isn overrated better yet who is underrated. @#%$ gotta be smoked out to say he is overrated....dudes have been riding nas penis for the longest off of one album....nothing he has put out since illmatic has been on par wit that album.....I understand everyone has their favs. But to jus say he is overrated is disrespectful when u kno full well he is better then ya fav. Rapper....only rapper I put above jay is Big.....and to the man that said big l is overrated......wow....jay is the best rapper alive until he passes away point blank.......its gettin corny how every week or so there's another hater thread in the music section.....it needs to stop
Free Gizmo aka Smash....Sorry your feelings were hurt Gu

i think he's definitely overrated...but obviously he's still one of the best. it's just that a lot of his fans make him out to be much better than he really is, hence the overrating thing
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Bring UCSD a football team.​

I agree that rappers get overrated by their fan bases, the perfect example of that is Lil Wayne. Now, I think that it is amazing that MCs like LL and Rakim can stay relevant through three decades. Jay is the best MC that I have heard and also my favorite. But at the same time if I know that people who really grew up on Rakim,KRS,LL,etc... the same way that I grew up on Jay would probably have a different opinion. Also I agree with what Starvin Harlem and that you can't leave Jay out of your top 5.

Quote:
But this is not Scribble Jam. Bragging about not writing down lyrics is like Albert Pujols boasting he simply goes to the plate and swings. That's cool, but wouldn't he be better if he took BP? Would it kill Jay to give his songs some extra consideration and editing?
Said we was garbage so f*ck college street knowledge amazes scholars when we coin phrases for dollars

What does the cat who wrote this article know about Hip Hop ? nada ... Geek . Cats from the burbs need to fallback and stick to Good Charlotte
Be good I might put away the wood and give you the mustache​

Am I the only one who disagreed with the article's opinion on Never Let Me Down?

I thought Jay came correct on that song...

Yo, yo first I snatched the street then I snatched the charts,
First had they ear now I hav they're heart,
Rappers came and went,
I've been hear from the start,
Seen them put it together
Watch them take it apart,
See the Rovers roll up wit ribbons
I've seen them re-poed, re-sold and re-driven
So when I reload, he holds #1 position
When u hot I'm hot
And when your feet cold, mines is sizzelin
It's plain to see
@#%$'s can't f*** wit me
Cuz ima be that @#%$ fo life
This is not an image
This is God given
This is hard liven
Mixed wit crystal sipping
It's the most consistent
Hov
Give you the most hits you can fit inside a whole disc and
@#%$ I'm home on these charts, y'all @#%$ visitin
It's Hov tradition, Jeff Gordan of rap
I'm back to claim pole position, holla at ya boy

Who else you know been hot this long,
(Oh Ya, you know we ain't finished)
Started from nothing but he got this strong,
(The ROC is in the building)
Built the ROC from a pebble, pedalled rock before I met you,
Pedalled bikes, got my nephews pedal bikes because they special,
Let you tell that man I'm falling,
Well somebody must've caught him,
Cause every fourth quarter, I like to Mike Jordan 'em,
Number one albums, what I got like four of dem,
More of dem on the way,
The Eight Wonder on the way,
Clear the way, I'm here to stay,
Y'all can save the chitter chat, this and that, this and Jay,
Dissin' Jay 'ill get you mased,
When I start spitting them lyrics, @#%$ get very religious,
Six Hail Maries, please Father forgive us,
Young, the Archbishop, the Pope John Paul of y'all @#%$,
The way y'all all follow Jigga,
Hov's a living legend and I tell you why,
Everybody wanna be Hov and Hov still alive.

Maybe it's just me, but I liked those two verses, or maybe it's with that beat then it really shines.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The writer obviously has an agenda.

Quote:
It's one thing if you don't care for him but if you consider MC attributes as well as lyrical attributes it's almost undeniable.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Lil Wayne is da most overrated, but Jay comes a very close second. Hes horrible
While u was runnin round pumpin 4 N*****, i was listenin, u still pumpin 4 N*****, im comin through visitin

Back
Top Bottom