JAY-Z is the GREATEST

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

roll.gif
@ some of the ridiculous comments made in this thread.

Please explain to me (LIKE AN ADULT) how Jay-Z is overrated.

PLEASE....break it down for me.

He has one classic. 80% of his music is him bragging about himself. He's nothing amazing lyrically. He has poor flow. Majority of his fans hold him up to be some sort of God when he is no where near it (ex: this thread). I guess NT'rs are just impressed by his money and the fact that he's bagged Beyonce. As a rapper, he doesn't deserve the type of props people are giving him (GOAT, top 5 etc). Basically,, he gets way too much credit for the actual level of talent he has.
Serious question here....

Do you listen to his music, or do you just skim through it?

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif

He has one classic. 80% of his music is him bragging about himself. He's nothing amazing lyrically. He has poor flow. Majority of his fans hold him up to be some sort of God when he is no where near it (ex: this thread). I guess NT'rs are just impressed by his money and the fact that he's bagged Beyonce. As a rapper, he doesn't deserve the type of props people are giving him (GOAT, top 5 etc). Basically,, he gets way too much credit for the actual level of talent he has.

I've listened to his discography many times in depth to try and understand the hype, but I just don't see what makes him so special.

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif

(1) He has one classic. (2) 80% of his music is him bragging about himself. (3) He's nothing amazing lyrically. (4) He has poor flow. (5) Majority of his fans hold him up to be some sort of God when he is no where near it (ex: this thread). I guess NT'rs are just impressed by his money and the fact that he's bagged Beyonce. As a rapper, he doesn't deserve the type of props people are giving him (GOAT, top 5 etc). Basically,, he gets way too much credit for the actual level of talent he has.
(1)
(Classic)
(Classic)
(Classic)
(Too early to tell...but it's looking that way)

That's 0/1

(2) "Where I'm From" "Regrets" "Coming of Age" "You Must Love Me" "Meet The Parents" "Allure""Say Hello" "Renegade" "Ain't No Love" "Never Change" "Only A Customer" "Soon You'llUnderstand" "Squeeze 1st" "So Ghetto" "NYMP".....

I could go on...so, that's 0/2

(3)

Inspired by Basquiat, my chariots of fire
Everybody took shots hit my body up I'm tired
Build me up, break me down, to build me up again
They like Hov we need you back so we can kill your @#% again
Hov got flow though he's no Big and Pac but he's close
How I'm 'posed to win they got me fighting ghosts…

Same sword they knight you they gonna good night you with
%#*% that's only half if they like you
That ain't he even the half what they might do
Don't believe me ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
You see Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas
See Ceasar, see Brutus
See success is like suicide
Suicide, it's a suicide
If you succeed prepare to be crucified
Hmm, media meddles, they pursue you, you settle
Every step you take they remind you, you ghetto
So it's tough being Bobby Brown
To be Bobby then, you gotta be Bobby now
Now the question is is to have had and lost
Better than not having at all?
smh.gif

0/3....NEXT!

(4) "poor flow" ??!!
laugh.gif

"Squeeze 1st" "Originators 99" "Hovi Baby" "Renegade" "The Watcher 2"

(5) No we don't, we just recognize his greatness...nothing more, nothing less. I never understood how people could say that Michael Jordan wasn't thebest when he was playing...

The only rapper close to dude as far as overall skill is Andre 3000 in my opinion

"I from where *@@%%% pull your car, and argue all day about
Who's the best MC's, Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas"

^
laugh.gif
....really? BP is not a classic? His flow on "Squeeze 1st" isn't bonkers? (Have you even heard that track?)...

I don't "worship" that N...he's a man...that can rap his !*! off.

His lyrics in the Grammy Family freestyle aren't ridiculous?!

You're doing a very poor job (again) at defending your point. You might have to take that "Hip-Hop PhD" back to the 7-11 where you coppped it.

There's nothing to argue about. You aren't raising anything new here. This is like discussing if 1 is bigger than 2.

How did you rebuke anything ? BP is not a classic. You raise a few tracks out of his hundreds to say he has "good flow" or talks about more thanhimself or has good lyrics.

What does that change ? It's all opinion. I already heard everything you mentioned and continue to disagree. There's nothing more you can bring up thatcan change that. Unless BP3 tops illmatic then I'll comeback and actually consider Jay being top __.

When you try and compare Jay to Jordan it's just
indifferent.gif

Simply put, Jay Z is the best/greatest to ever do it. If you feel differently then more power to you, but at the end of the day Jay Z is the best in thebusiness. Also, some of you dudes stating your opinion on Nas being better than Jay do raise some good points, you really do, some dudes on the other hand arejust talking out the side of their %!% but so be it, I'll let you dudes have your fun for now.
Nas music is not as great as yall make it. boring if anything.

I completely agree, which is why I feel the way I do about Nas in certain regards.

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif

Serious question here, are you intentionally trying to be lame?

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

ive said it before, jay-z has 2.5 solid albums at best ...

Can't take you seriously after all you do is praise Em no matter what.

Even Em knows Jay is better than him.

Regardless, it's all opinion, Jay is the greatest IMO though
pimp.gif
. Nasis indeed a close second though.

Even if you don't agree people need to at least learn to give respect where respect is due, it gets annoying.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom