JAY-Z is the GREATEST

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by M16

Jay-Z can't make Untitled.
Thats a good thing right? and Harlem everything you wrote is so biased im too drunk to respond right now

Bollocks, you just ran out of garbage to spew.
Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i didnt even like untitled

I don't like the Steelers, does that make them a bad football team?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

On the mic

Jay can do anything Nas can do, Nas cant do everything Jay can do
please elaborate...
I......Will......Not
so your point isn't valid then

what I was getting at is Jay can be and has shown he can be introspective MC jay has storytelling abilities that rivals Nas'. I think alot of people act like lyrically Nas is lightyears ahead of jay which deserves a
indifferent.gif

Jay can ride any beat Nas stays in his comfort zone beat wise.
Jay jumps on other peoples songs and outshines them Nas gets sonned sometimes as a guest feature.
Nas has no comercial success he is a legend in the game but lets be honest he cant make a hit if Im not mistaken he has no number 1 singles

Tired of tying go ahead and attack

indifferent.gif

I don't even know where to start... There is SOOO much wrong with that *%$@ you just said... Jay Z isn't even in Nas class when it comes to storytelling... Introspective records?? are you $%$+!%$ kidding me... Nas blows him out the water, Nas music has so many layers, Jay Z will spend about 80% of his albums rapping ABOUT himself... Nas tackles WAAAY more relevant issues, and its been like that since the mid 90s, Nas was just ahead of the curve with his generation of MCs

How does Nas stay in his comfort zone with beats, when people are always complaing about the production on his albums because its usally all over the place... How exactly is that staying in his "comfort zone"??

Nas & Jay have both dropped some of the most memorable guest verses in hip hop...

Nas not having a top 10 hit is why he isnt better than Jay?? I mean he hasn't completely sold his soul so there is a certain level of chart success you don't see when you talk about REAL issues that matter to people... Don't act like all of his albums haven't went Platinum(7) & Gold(2)... Nas highest charting single is "I Can" (#12 On Billbord)... Song has more depth than ANYthing Jay Z has ever written (or freestyled)... he has 4 albums that have went to #1... So this NaS hasnt had commercial success just makes you look like a BIGGER fool ... He had the #1 album in the country for a month, when Pac & BIG were alive... He didn't have to wait for them to die to shine...
I'll say this for right now The problem you seem o be presenting with Jay is that he talks about himself alot and Nas storytelling abilitiesare better than Jay. Well maybe thats because Nas doesnt live his raps and he has to vicariously live his raps through others stories AND IF I REMEMBERCORRECTLY YOU WERE THE SAME DUDE CHECKING ROSS ON DOING THE SAME THANG. Nas got braggodocious songs too but he excells at storytelling and making some thoughtprovoking stuff because thats what he does Jay can make a Beach chair, Minority report, That Soldier song on BP2, my mind going blank right now but anyway asfar as beats go I would like to hear Nas on beats that dont contain a 4 bar loops throughout the whole song with a few Premo scratches, Also Nas hook game isgarbage. jay makes great songs nas makes great verses and If you like Nas more than Jay cool but how can you even act like they arent at least neck to neckwith each other

On the mic

please elaborate...
I......Will......Not

what I was getting at is Jay can be and has shown he can be introspective MC jay has storytelling abilities that rivals Nas'. I think alot of people act like lyrically Nas is lightyears ahead of jay which deserves a
indifferent.gif

Jay jumps on other peoples songs and outshines them Nas gets sonned sometimes as a guest feature.
Nas has no comercial success he is a legend in the game but lets be honest he cant make a hit if Im not mistaken he has no number 1 singles

indifferent.gif

I don't even know where to start... There is SOOO much wrong with that *%$@ you just said... Jay Z isn't even in Nas class when it comes to storytelling... Introspective records?? are you $%$+!%$ kidding me... Nas blows him out the water, Nas music has so many layers, Jay Z will spend about 80% of his albums rapping ABOUT himself... Nas tackles WAAAY more relevant issues, and its been like that since the mid 90s, Nas was just ahead of the curve with his generation of MCs

How does Nas stay in his comfort zone with beats, when people are always complaing about the production on his albums because its usally all over the place... How exactly is that staying in his "comfort zone"??

Nas & Jay have both dropped some of the most memorable guest verses in hip hop...

Nas not having a top 10 hit is why he isnt better than Jay?? I mean he hasn't completely sold his soul so there is a certain level of chart success you don't see when you talk about REAL issues that matter to people... Don't act like all of his albums haven't went Platinum(7) & Gold(2)... Nas highest charting single is "I Can" (#12 On Billbord)... Song has more depth than ANYthing Jay Z has ever written (or freestyled)... he has 4 albums that have went to #1... So this NaS hasnt had commercial success just makes you look like a BIGGER fool ... He had the #1 album in the country for a month, when Pac & BIG were alive... He didn't have to wait for them to die to shine...
I'll say this for right now The problem you seem o be presenting with Jay is that he talks about himself alot and Nas storytelling abilities are better than Jay. Well maybe thats because Nas doesnt live his raps and he has to vicariously live his raps through others stories AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU WERE THE SAME DUDE CHECKING ROSS ON DOING THE SAME THANG. Nas got braggodocious songs too but he excells at storytelling and making some thought provoking stuff because thats what he does Jay can make a Beach chair, Minority report, That Soldier song on BP2, my mind going blank right now but anyway as far as beats go I would like to hear Nas on beats that dont contain a 4 bar loops throughout the whole song with a few Premo scratches, Also Nas hook game is garbage. jay makes great songs nas makes great verses and If you like Nas more than Jay cool but how can you even act like they arent at least neck to neck with each other

Are you serious??? You honestly mean to tell me that you believe that Jay was moving Ki's??? You're that Niave??? Nothing Jay raps about relatesdirectely to anything 95% of us have ever been through, its the stuff people dream of watching Scarface, Good Fella's and the Godfathers trilogies.Kingpins dont rap fam. They don't have the time/patience to develope that craft. So that #@$% is for the birds G.

You attempted to point out depth in Jay Z's catalog and its so scarce and far in between that these are his best representations. Now I'm not sayingthat they're wack because they aren't but they aren't anywhere near Esco's abilities. He doesn't have it in him to make a Black Girl Lost,Undying Love, I Gave You Power, What Goes Around, Some of Us Have Angels... He lacks the balls to actually attack anything that strikes at the heart of ourstruggle, plight as a people (look at the fact that it took him 2yrs later to make Minority Report when he was the biggest name in the business andwould've brought so much more attention as he does with everything). The fact that he limits his potential shows 1 of 2 things... fear or limitation,either way this lack of substance limits the impact he could've had and the way/place that he should be categorized amongst his peers. That alone dropshim below his peers in talks of the greats.

^ You preaching to the choir man I never said Jay moved kis and your arguement is one I made in a thread about rappers keeping it real. What Im sayin is Nasraps about everything under the sun which is cool but I feel like I know Jay's plight more from listening to his music. Nas albums arent that personal tome. What I been trying to get at is Nas can make a Black girl lost. Jay can make a meet the parents. But Where is Nas' Hard knock In Life (maybe thats whatI Know I can was suppose to be), Wheres his concept albums, where his genre collabos, wheres his world tours, where his memorable freestyles.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

On the mic

please elaborate...
I......Will......Not

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I'll say this for right now The problem you seem o be presenting with Jay is that he talks about himself alot and Nas storytelling abilities are better than Jay. Well maybe thats because Nas doesnt live his raps and he has to vicariously live his raps through others stories AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU WERE THE SAME DUDE CHECKING ROSS ON DOING THE SAME THANG. Nas got braggodocious songs too but he excells at storytelling and making some thought provoking stuff because thats what he does Jay can make a Beach chair, Minority report, That Soldier song on BP2, my mind going blank right now but anyway as far as beats go I would like to hear Nas on beats that dont contain a 4 bar loops throughout the whole song with a few Premo scratches, Also Nas hook game is garbage. jay makes great songs nas makes great verses and If you like Nas more than Jay cool but how can you even act like they arent at least neck to neck with each other

Are you serious??? You honestly mean to tell me that you believe that Jay was moving Ki's??? You're that Niave??? Nothing Jay raps about relates directely to anything 95% of us have ever been through, its the stuff people dream of watching Scarface, Good Fella's and the Godfathers trilogies. Kingpins dont rap fam. They don't have the time/patience to develope that craft. So that #@$% is for the birds G.

You attempted to point out depth in Jay Z's catalog and its so scarce and far in between that these are his best representations. Now I'm not saying that they're wack because they aren't but they aren't anywhere near Esco's abilities. He doesn't have it in him to make a Black Girl Lost, Undying Love, I Gave You Power, What Goes Around, Some of Us Have Angels... He lacks the balls to actually attack anything that strikes at the heart of our struggle, plight as a people (look at the fact that it took him 2yrs later to make Minority Report when he was the biggest name in the business and would've brought so much more attention as he does with everything). The fact that he limits his potential shows 1 of 2 things... fear or limitation, either way this lack of substance limits the impact he could've had and the way/place that he should be categorized amongst his peers. That alone drops him below his peers in talks of the greats.

preach.jpg

^ You preaching to the choir man I never said Jay moved kis and your arguement is one I made in a thread about rappers keeping it real. What Im sayin is Nas raps about everything under the sun which is cool but I feel like I know Jay's plight more from listening to his music. Nas albums arent that personal to me. What I been trying to get at is Nas can make a Black girl lost. Jay can make a meet the parents. But Where is Nas' Hard knock In Life (maybe thats what I Know I can was suppose to be), Wheres his concept albums, where his genre collabos, wheres his world tours, where his memorable freestyles.

What exactly was Jay's "plight"?? Not being able to get a deal when all the good rappers were alive??... "I Can" did better on the charts than "Hard Knock" life... So what are you talkin about??

NaS is the GOAT. A big co-sign to what nay and seymore was saying.
nas has plenty of great guest verses. he dropped arguably the greatest guest verse ever verbal intercourse.

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

Untitled is such an underrated album, it's ridiculous.

Shhhhhhh. Ima make an appreciation thread this week. The truth is if you're not college educated or at the very least an intellectual being you probablyweren't able to grasp it. Sadly the former represents the majority of NT's music forum.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Relapse > Reasonable Doubt
monkey-slap.jpg

Sign off now! No old recycled Em flow is better
indifferent.gif

then the classic Reasonable Doubt! You dont know rap.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

you dont need to have 9 albums when 5 of jays albums were complete garbage ...
You ever heard of opinion?

I think ever album after 2000 Em made was garbage. So stop tryna convince everyone Em better/

laugh.gif
Wike the slob of Em's pipe when your done with it.

Arguing about who's the greatest is pointless, everyone has their opinion.

But Jay-Z is one of the Greatest. No one with basic common sense could ever front on him. Eminem is also one of the greats.

^Change ya avy you loser. Talkin bout breath control.

I'm so happy Cake made that last post and Nay's for his. I honestly think it's a mix between fear and limitation; more so on the fear. Dude talkedabout going different on KC but that shhh aint grow folks or grown up music, shhh is just watered a watered down commercial album save for 2 songs.

Originally Posted by raw spice

Grown men will pick Nas...younglings side with Jay-Z.
tongue.gif
Succesful grown men listen to Jay grown men on the corner with no education think Nas is deep
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Arguing about who's the greatest is pointless, everyone has their opinion.

But Jay-Z is one of the Greatest. No one with basic common sense could ever front on him. Eminem is also one of the greats.

You got it twisted. Anyone with common sense would not put him above top top 80.

roll.gif
@ some of the ridiculous comments made in this thread.

Please explain to me (LIKE AN ADULT) how Jay-Z is overrated.

PLEASE....break it down for me.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

roll.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

roll.gif

He has one classic. 80% of his music is him bragging about himself. He's nothing amazing lyrically. He has poor flow. Majority of his fans hold him up tobe some sort of God when he is no where near it (ex: this thread). I guess NT'rs are just impressed by his money and the fact that he's bagged Beyonce.As a rapper, he doesn't deserve the type of props people are giving him (GOAT, top 5 etc). Basically,, he gets way too much credit for the actual level oftalent he has.

Back
Top Bottom