jays for prom?

Originally Posted by SCBlazr05

LOL, there is a post like this every year. if you are going to wear jays to prom, that's your perogative. but I think you should keep it classy and wear dress shoes.

^ What he said

You are a bum if you wear anything but dress shoes to prom. I don't care how much you paid for your Jordans, or how much they could go for on EBay if theywere DS, you're still a COMPLETE TOOL if you wear Jordans to a FORMAL event. I can't believe this nonsense. I don't know what happened down theline where sneakers at a formal event became even a remote possibility. Be classy and wear something appropriate.

nobody looks like a fool in XI's
most intelligent post in this thread ...
pimp.gif

well i dont care ima wear sum jays errbody kno me at skool 2 do that n im gonna uphold my name watever match my suit whether its the fusions or the hare7's

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

You are a bum if you wear anything but dress shoes to prom. I don't care how much you paid for your Jordans, or how much they could go for on EBay if they were DS, you're still a COMPLETE TOOL if you wear Jordans to a FORMAL event. I can't believe this nonsense. I don't know what happened down the line where sneakers at a formal event became even a remote possibility. Be classy and wear something appropriate.

dont judge man. they are just shoes, prom really isnt as important as people make it out to be and its just for fun anyways.

even jordan himself said that when he thought of the design for xi's he said somebody would wear them in a tuxedo. sure enough boyz II men did itperforming at some awards show. (im pretty sure it was them). so whats the difference?

my choice would be xi's for prom if you couldnt tell.

laugh.gif
Jordans in prom is just too tacky... It shows that I don't care if prom comes once, I am going to wear jordans to show how ridiculous I am aboutsneakers!! Please their are times where you wear jays and times when you don't... Prom is one of them, Wedding is 2 and last one is funerals...

Originally Posted by Henri2310

You are a bum if you wear anything but dress shoes to prom. I don't care how much you paid for your Jordans, or how much they could go for on EBay if they were DS, you're still a COMPLETE TOOL if you wear Jordans to a FORMAL event. I can't believe this nonsense. I don't know what happened down the line where sneakers at a formal event became even a remote possibility. Be classy and wear something appropriate.

dont judge man. they are just shoes, prom really isnt as important as people make it out to be and its just for fun anyways.

even jordan himself said that when he thought of the design for xi's he said somebody would wear them in a tuxedo. sure enough boyz II men did it performing at some awards show. (im pretty sure it was them). so whats the difference?

I agree it's not that big a deal, but it is a formal event. For a formal event you should wear something appropriate. Jordans are not appropriate.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

laugh.gif
Jordans in prom is just too tacky... It shows that I don't care if prom comes once, I am going to wear jordans to show how ridiculous I am about sneakers!! Please their are times where you wear jays and times when you don't... Prom is one of them, Wedding is 2 and last one is funerals...

AMEN.

well my prom is this May, and I'm going with Grape V's.. suit is going to be really nice

Originally Posted by Henri2310

even jordan himself said that when he thought of the design for xi's he said somebody would wear them in a tuxedo. sure enough boyz II men did it performing at some awards show. (im pretty sure it was them). so whats the difference?

I agree it's not that big a deal, but it is a formal event. For a formal event you should wear something appropriate. Jordans are not appropriate.
you could have just said that the first time instead of calling those that do want to wear them tools etc...

If your going to wear jordans, Id go with the all black 17s.
Concords would look hot with a white based, black accented tux...
20s wouldnt look bad either. I think anything with a little patent on it (which I'm not a fan of...excluding the 11s) would look decent.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by lyricalshaolin

what are some good jordans to rock from prom?
I've always been against sneakers and a tux, but black XX3s have such an elegant shape and wouldn't be a bad look.
But before you start working on your ensemble...
Step your preposition game up.

laugh.gif

there are quite a few jordans you can choose from but i think the black/gold patent leather 1s would be good.

I probably wouldn't rock too many jays to prom but I just remember back in my senior year when the XI's dropped they just seemed so perfect to wear. Noshoe had ever had patent leather on them and it was just a perfect match. I think people on here are taking stuff way too serious. If you don't have enoughfashion sense or a sense of style too bad for you. Square bear gang for life!

Prom ma Junior yr was gabage, they let sum kid in wit sum dockers and beat up FILAs
smh.gif
so ill prolly keep it funky dis yr and rock sum jays

Back
Top Bottom