JB Forum TABOO posts...NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION!

"nike air" threads need to be locked on site
smh.gif

i kinda agree but in another way disagree casue like soem said you will be shuttign down the forum but thats just me

It is kind of annoying to see the same posts over and over but it's most likely because NKETLK gets new people all the time and those peeps think thatthose are good thread ideas.

Originally Posted by micheal623

It is kind of annoying to see the same posts over and over but it's most likely because NKETLK gets new people all the time and those peeps think that those are good thread ideas.

Exactly my point....This thread isn't so much a list of posts which are frowned upon, but to assist new members into not posting repeat topics which have been done time and time again.

one thing i think need to be stopped is the so called "flame" people being disrespectful of other for whatever reason. as far as im concerned thereis no such thing as a dumb question. if anyone finds a thread useless just move on. the smart remarks with only garner more flame which is not why we are herein the first place. to say nothing of my personal feelin of people talkin tuff behind a monitor which is very weak

Thanks ijapino.
I'm glad that you edited the title and stickied it. Hope this helps.

recycled posts about the same stupid topics over and over
That sums it up, the JB forum isn't even worth coming to any more...hardly any valuable info in here just the same stupid threads

Fix the Legit Forum thred Plzzz 1000 + psot or something of that kind
to many Rookies out there just replying with some dumb stuff to pick up there post count
EX: Price check on some DS OG 11's .....Reply from some1 Thoese are legit [what in the world we wanna know price not legitness and stuff of that kind

Originally Posted by micheal623

It is kind of annoying to see the same posts over and over but it's most likely because NKETLK gets new people all the time and those peeps think that those are good thread ideas.
Real Annoying

Originally Posted by DannManns

ijapino,

What you're addressing is a problem that can't be solved with the younger kids and beginning collectors here in this forum -- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).

I'm not trying to disrespect every person that posts here.

However, discussions for most of the younger NT members are not of any interest because they don't want to read more than a paragraph of text!

How many times have we seen posts such as, too much to read, didn't read it all, but I feel you, or ...man, you guys type too much! when you see a post of any kind of substance?

The younger members simply don't possess the ability to pay attention long enough to absorb a discussion because they don't want to read.

So, any mention of a more meaningful or substantive Jordan Brand forum is the same request as today's school teacher trying to take on the colossal task of keeping the attention of a classroom of students on a subject that they DON'T REALLY want to learn.

I agree that if you lock or archive EVERY TOPIC you list in your post as TABOO, that the discussions will develop into more meaningful posts, but those will develop from the OLDER, more veteran enthusiasts and collectors. Not the majority of the younger ones.

And, you know what I think that will do? It will be a BORING place for the younger members because the discussions are too deep and too long to read for their short attention spans (their ADD).

A GREAT recent post was the By the numbers, JORDAN's future...let's chime in. topic posted by CEO InSane.

If we can get more SUBSTANTIVE topics and discussions like that post, we'll have an INCREDIBLY respected forum going and a more intelligent level of membership overall.

We would learn A LOT MORE from each other that way and NOT be a bunch of indecisive lemmings simply following or doing what everyone else does or thinks what we should do.

I agree 100% with this statement, I would much rather have something with substance to read which almost all of these kids posts lack. Please ijapino do whatyou discussed and clean this up.

Good way to dog all the new people!! Oh wait I'm a new member too
ohwell.gif
.Maybe one day our $hi@ won't stink unlike yours either, ohh great ones. You remind me of the bike patrol guy off of how high the movie
laugh.gif
u should just relax and
pimp.gif
something. Oh yeah and by the way seeing as how you are a staff on nt Ican't believe you would lower yourself to the level of bashing on people and agreeing saying all new people and young kids have a.d.d. on here.Even thoughyou said it in a different way then other people posted. It still has the same meaning and you know what your saying, you just chose to word it differently.Make a seperate section for old school members then that have been on here for years now and only they can post in.Then you wouldn't have to worry about socalled useless posts.Then again if you did that you would have nothing to whine about and you would probably get bored and your a.d.d. would kick in!!!To sumit all up from my point of view there is as many useless coments on here by people complaing about these posts as there is useless posts.If they know it'sa useless post then why do they go in and still comment with the one or two word coments they usually leave complaing about it? Why don't you complainabout them?They say they don't want too have to search between all the new posts for ones they consider useful the same as we don't want to have tosearch through all the old posts for ones the new people consider useful!!!
frown.gif

collezione23:

You totally missed the point of this post.

How you can be so offended at how we're trying to improve the quality of topics is WAY BEYOND me....

I have no problem with you trying to improve the quality of topics. I think that is a good thing. I am frustrated with the way people always talk down on newmembers. Just because we post something that may be new to us doesn't mean we are "kids". You have to understand you guys have been around hereand in the shoe collecting game for a minute so of course alot of stuff is going to be old for you.So I ask of you if the old timers here are tired of socalled garbage posts then they can do the same thing as you are asking the new people and that is to do searches of old posts or question topics they may beinterested in. But that doesn't seem fair to them either.My point is posts are for EVERYONE to learn about things or find out interesting topics .So howare us new people supposed to search and find things that we might be interested in if we don't even know about it? Thats why the posts people make now area good thing to me. If I'm interested in it I will go in and read the topic. If I'm not I will simply go too the next one. One might be of no interestto me but it might be to the next person.Remember another mans trash is another mans treasure. haha I just had to throw that one in. Anyways I'm not tryingto argue we should be a community and all of us should be understanding of one another and each others point of views after all one thing has brought us herefor a reason and that is the love of jordans.
happy.gif

I agree with you...The tone that many of our so-called older members use on the newbs is downright rude sometimes. I'll even admit that I can fall in thatcategory from time to time. I've been on here since literally the BEGINNING so it's not fair for me to shut down every single post that I've seenbefore. However, that was never my intention. The "taboo" list should be used as a tool to assist members so the same thing doesn't pop uprepeatedly. I would like all members to engage in all sorts of topics, but sometimes a little redirection is needed when a post has been done over and over.

We're always hearing about how the JB forum has fallen off and it's not like it used to be. Well, many of these opinions are derived from the qualityof posts that get started. Too many "what do you think" posts are based on creating a numbered list of sorts rather than actual discussion. However,it's not JUST the posters fault. As mentioned before, it's the fact that the Brand is lacking quality products so the discussion in this forum islimited.

Maybe a few more stickies at the top to help us newbs, for instance, I didn't know there was a NorCal section until I saw someone else post a question andget slammed for it.

just a thought, I know other boards use it for the most common questions

i think these forums do need tidying up in the areas staff has mentioned. there are millions of forums that exist for some of the topics that do not reallyneed to come to NT. "dese gettin copped fo sho/pass/'traight FIIIIIRE" and half-sentences like this can go on sneakerfiles or hypebeast, theyaren't really needed here. ^i agree with the fact that we would benefit from a mentality change toward newcomers here as well, we cant afford to be losingmembers simply by treating them poorly.

Back
Top Bottom