JB release numbers now reflect the hype for the shoe/colorway...

Just got off the line with my source and he did confirm that the 2nd release of the killroy pack was also part of this... He says he's 75% sure, Olives will just show up on all star weekend.. In stores and NDC.. He will get back with me when info is solid.. It's not huge news, but I would also like to add that a fsr of photo blue 9's just showed up on finishline.com about 2 days ago...

Last edited:
Also peep all the stores that are all of a sudden not getting the bred 13's or only got one fsr of a GR.........

Real good info. Since the Bred 11 just restock that sounds good because all Im really looking for are the Blk/Blu 1 and most of the 8s. So I now know to wait and save carefully. Nothing worst there's a restock and no money.

I caught this bout a year ago

been telling cats in the black/red 11 thread to relax cause of this and ramped up production numbers

I have no connects tho just common sense

I've bought all my jordans days and weeks later after the release date and have done so ever since the concords

I agree that Nike and jordan brand have made progress over the last year or two with gaining understanding of the customer. I have to deal with a lot of this with my employer, not to the same degree as a marketing person would, but its really interesting trying to anticipate customer desires and actions. It's a ton of work that pays off with huge reward if you've got good tools, good people, and have put in the work.

This will be an interesting year to see what strategies Nike runs with and how that ends up benefitting the consumer (us). I have high hopes for better product availability at launch and improved options with more launch events throughout the year.

Last edited:
My source has given me some interesting info... JB has a new way of marketing or deciding how many pairs of a certain shoe will drop... This is how it works... JB starts production on a shoe, then once info drops, they have put together a team to watch and measure the hype for a shoe, depending on the hype of the shoe they will then change the release date to produce more or only ship out half of the amount that was produced and do a re release, or change something on the shoe to make it a different shoe...

Raptor 7's dropped and instead of having pairs sit on shelves and take away from other releases, they only sent half of them out, and saved the other half for a second release...

Olive 9's were supposed to be a limited GR (no kids) but after judging hype they only sent out half of the produced amount, my source says he has seen them sitting in a warehouse... (so expect more of them soon)

Thunder 4's - The thunder 4's had a great hype measurement, more than what JB expected, so they changed the release date to buy a few weeks to produce more and to insure they would sell they made them a holiday shoe....

Bred 13's are supposed to be a GR and they are only sending out half of the produced amount, so most stores wont have as many as you think..

88 Retro 3's - now I don't know what to think about this.... My source confirmed that this shoe was the first shoe that the (hype measure team) was assigned to when it came out no to long ago.... My source didn't say this (his exact words were don't trust them Nike Air 3's) but by them coming out so fast, I am willing to bet this is the same exact shoe with a logo change, which falls under change something on a shoe to make it better and sell for more profit.......

My source says that release date changes and second drop dates are going to be way more common in 2013..
You have just confirmed everything I said in my thread earlier here http://niketalk.com/t/518320/jordan...strategy-to-curb-reseller-market-lookout-2013. It got very little attention, but A few heads came in and put in some very good info.... but you have 100% confirmed everything I was saying.   I see so many people posting that JB cares nothing about resellers... when in essence they they do because for every reason you have mentioned above and more.  What I forget is NT is not like the old NT I belonged to back in 2001 I know it has evolved but there are a lot of "new heads" on here that have joined soley for the purpose of getting info on the hottest shoes... not for the love of the culture nor do they have any background history of what nike/JB has been doing over the past 27-28 years.

What Nike/JB i s concerned about is market share.  They are very well aware they have a dedicated following, but they are not concerned about us that much though, we would be considered

their "regular consumers" and some of us have been since Jordans dropped in the mid 80's. (I was born in the late 1970's by the way).  Nike/JB wants the newest generation and the ones to follow and they don't want to create FAD followers.  There was once a time retro's sat on shelves, went on sale, there was once a time you had sneakerheads so dedicated to MJ that we would not even touch retro + colorways which also went on sales racks and clearance racks..then we scoop them up as beaters or basketball kicks... most people were too young or others not even aware of what happened in the past. 

The RETRO strategy was failing, after MJ retired the designs became less appealing and shoe prices kept rising at the same time.  Many collectors retired or dropped out the game, also hurting Nike/JB dedicated following.  So fast forward to now.. hype for every release... lotteries and raffles... resellers.... Nike doesn't want this to implode in their face..... and return  to the days of old thus this new marketing strategy has been born.

How do you measure hype? Well Ntalk and Sole Collector do a lot of work for them... with an easy audience in the 10,000's.  Next you have EBAY which though it would be considered a resell platform pre-release and release data can easily be obtained with little to no work. Social media groups and twitter etc help but the most valuable data comes from all their retailers which many people forget Nike/JB sells product wholesale to.....their money was made months before release day.  My point was this strategy would curb the reseller market, but it makes even more sense from a profit standpoint since you can capitalize on a release multiple times.

We all must realize Nike/JB's biggest challenge is to keep it's existing customers, and bring in new customers that will be loyal to the Brand... For Life and it starts with the youth.  Also they have to keep a desire for the product....we know they produce less supply to keep demand which has worked well over the years but have you paid attention to the current JB line?  In outlets and factory clearance stores everywhere... the RETRO market is the lifeline/the heartbeat of Jordan Brand.  It has to be preserved it has to be protected.. because if I am a shareholder that knows there is only one sector that is keeping the company alive in terms of profits you better have some proof that this sector will be alive and well in the future or my investment dollars are going elsewhere. 

******In terms of quality JB only has a limited amount of time to keep putting out the same designs with sub-par quality and expect to get by... this is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about because it isn't causing much of a stir... RIGHT NOW.  Remember they still have to sell the shoes to retailers who in turn if things get bad enough can choose not to buy the product due to the risk of returns/losses related to quality.  Sounds crazy now but wait until this strategy takes places... when JB realizes its the consumer keeping them afloat... things will come to light....But beware the moment they start asking 200.00 for a shoe that cost 20 dollars to make that falls apart after a couple of months, not only will they lose market share they will lose customers for life and the Retro market may reach a point to where it can't be resurrected.  Everything else has evolved and Nike/JB has a short time to capitalize on the cheap materials gimmick...instead of finding ways to make a quality designed shoe better they are going backwards trying to make a quality designed shoe cheaper with cheaper materials.  Mostly shoeheads buy shoes and don't care about quality the rest of the population does......  JB I want my job back or i'm gonna tell it all...(Just joking)******

Last edited:
So how do we know which models will get a re-stock in the future, and which models will be truly limited? Seems like this whole restock theory may have backfired with the photo blue IX's..

So how do we know which models will get a re-stock in the future, and which models will be truly limited? Seems like this whole restock theory may have backfired with the photo blue IX's..
This is the beauty of the strategy.... we wont know.....but I bet the more hype the higher possibility for re-releases and the photo blues are only one shoe..if you check out my thread this strategy has been used on almost 8 shoes now.

Okay not trying to be an A-hole, but I knew about this and they just keep restocking. They're just holding back pairs and then probably release again IMO. Do you guys notice every release that comes out they restock the one they have already release. For example they release the 1's last week and I checked online they restocked on all the 4's that day. (only restocked on a couple sizes but still)

It's true. When i copped the Fire red IV from the nikestore restock, the production tag stated that it was made after the initial release. I also think stores hold back on pairs. They would do the raffle, then when everyone gets there pairs they release the rest to the general public.

Last edited:
Nikestore.com restocked the bred 11s bout 6 o clock pm (yesterday) check kicksonfire twitter i believe u 100% man hope this is a step for the better

It's true. When i copped the Fire red IV from the nikestore restock, the production tag stated that it was made after the initial release. I also think stores hold back on pairs. They would do the raffle, then when everyone gets there pairs they release the rest to the general public.
aside from the concord re release that finish line did, I don't think that the stores hold back pairs. Those extras after a raffle or RSVP just weren't picked up

BS like this is making me lose interest for JB. :smh:
Minus whale start copping some retro Nike and Reebok and NB.

You are correct, but this is the first time I have heard a company actually hold pairs back that they have already produced for a 2nd release, based off of the info collected... I guess that was my main focus of the post...

I noticed it with the production dates of the Kilroy's and Charcoal's

Okay not trying to be an A-hole, but I knew about this and they just keep restocking. They're just holding back pairs and then probably release again IMO. Do you guys notice every release that comes out they restock the one they have already release. For example they release the 1's last week and I checked online they restocked on all the 4's that day. (only restocked on a couple sizes but still)

Some of you confuse restocks, with returns and cancellations.

I'm sure this was Eastbay/Footlocker/Footaction. And you never tried to add to cart.

Restocks and JB only sending out half of the shoes produced and making a second release date are two totally different things.... Restocks have always been around, this strategy of deciding to make a shoe limited based of hype is new...

Since you're watching us JB...

How's about getting us some releases of shoes that MJ actually wore in game and not so much of this retro+ neon green, pink, purple nonsense...Even this re-retro foolishness every 3 or 4 years is getting to be too much...

I'm talking about the blacked out 13 low's he wore in the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals...I'm talking about the Playoff XI Lows...I'm talking about the Concord XI Lows (1996 Championship Parade I know but yall get the idea)...I'd much rather have a pair of J's that the man himself wore than a pair of off the wall color-ups that have nothing to do with the prestige of the particular model that's being used...

Give me these...
View media item 210281
Give me these...
View media item 210282
Give me these...
View media item 210283
Give me these...(I know it's a ref shoe but still)
View media item 210285

Back
Top Bottom